1125 users online (171 members and 954 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JanetElaine View Post
    Is Classmates free these days? If someone has an account, might want to look at Dunbar Intermediate in Lufkin, TX to see if you can find Pearl.

I agree Pearl's profiles should be updated to reflect that she had two children. If she's not PB, it might be the info needed to make a positive id some day.

The autopsy report for PB doesn't seem to mention it either way. I keep getting distracted by other threads here while trying to find if there was a thread discussing this.

ETA: I was looking for an official msm post mentioning Dunbar Intermediate before I explained why I said that. This is the post on KLNM Television's FB page from November (October) 2014: https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...36039809782414
    I have a Classmates account (it's free), and I got onto Dunbar Intermediate. Classmates has the 1987 yearbook so I'm looking through it now. Did she graduate from there?
    Proverbs 19:17

Buckskin Girl - Facebook page - Websleuths thread
    Arroyo Grande Jane Doe - Facebook page - Websleuths thread

OK, I'm confused . I went onto Dunbar Intermediate and clicked on the '87 yearbook, now it says it's Lufkin High? Was it renamed or am I doing something wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Springrain View Post
    I have a Classmates account (it's free), and I got onto Dunbar Intermediate. Classmates has the 1987 yearbook so I'm looking through it now. Did she graduate from there?
    I don't know where she graduated from, or if she graduated at all. I'm not sure what an Intermediate school would be (which grades). The FB post just mentions two elementary schools and then Dunbar Intermediate. It doesn't mention any other schools after that.

I'll see if I can set up a Classmates account tomorrow. Pearl may have dropped out of school at some point and now I'm curious to see how far back it goes for DI.

I'm trying to look, but ever since I joined Classmates, the only thing I can see is my own high school
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)

OK, I'm confused . I went onto Dunbar Intermediate and clicked on the '87 yearbook, now it says it's Lufkin High? Was it renamed or am I doing something wrong?
    Yeah, it doesn't look like Dunbar Intermediate still exists. http://lufkin.schoolfusion.us/module...443187ea228769

I'm not from the US - what grades would an intermediate school have been in the '80s?

Yeah, it doesn't look like Dunbar Intermediate still exists. http://lufkin.schoolfusion.us/module...443187ea228769

I'm not from the US - what grades would an intermediate school have been in the '80s?
    I'm from the US. Intermediate schools are always called junior high or middle schools here, so that bit confused me about whether it was high school or not. They go from 6-8th or 7-8th grade. I'm still confused on why Classmates redirected me to Lufkin High from the Dunbar Intermediate link, which makes me wonder if it was actually a high school called Dunbar Intermediate and then renamed to Lufkin High, or something.

I'm from the US. Intermediate schools are always called junior high or middle schools here, so that bit confused me about whether it was high school or not. They go from 6-8th or 7-8th grade. I'm still confused on why Classmates redirected me to Lufkin High from the Dunbar Intermediate link, which makes me wonder if it was actually a high school called Dunbar Intermediate and then renamed to Lufkin High, or something.
    Right. I assumed it was a middle school, but that was 100% assumption. Thanks for the info there. I do live in the US now and know how the current school system works (in my town anyway, haha) but the intermediate threw me off, especially when you said it redirected to Lufkin High. Odd.

Bedtime now for me but I'll be back tomorrow and Classmates will be the first stop.

Quote Originally Posted by carbuff View Post
    I'm trying to look, but ever since I joined Classmates, the only thing I can see is my own high school

I think intermediate school is mostly a synonym for middle school, but sometimes it's intermediate between other levels. At least around here (New England).

I'll hit google tomorrow to see what I can find about the history of Dunbar and Lufkin schools. Meantime I'm too.
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)

Just one final post - remembered it when closing my tabs -

Lufkin is about 2 hours northeast of Houston (where the class ring found with PB is from); and Manvel (where PB was found) is 30 minutes south of Houston.

So it's all in pretty close proximity. Will try to post a map for reference tomorrow too.

I just sent the people listed on Doe and NamUs as investigating Princess Blue's case an email about Pearl Shepherd Rodriguez. Next I am going to send emails to the people listed as investigating Pearl's case.

I just sent the people listed on Doe and NamUs as investigating Princess Blue's case an email about Pearl Shepherd Rodriguez. Next I am going to send emails to the people listed as investigating Pearl's case.

If you end up having the opportunity, see if the people working on Princess Blue have the sizes for the other rings she was wearing. The only size given was 9 1/2 for the class ring, but it has never been established which size(s) the other rings are.

Please note there is a slight discrepancy in the age listed for Pearl Shepherd Rodriguez. I do not think it matters much, but wanted to point it out regardless.

NamUs has her listed as 17 years old, no date of birth.

Charley Project has her listed as 18 years old with a d.o.b. of February 15, 1969.

Texas Dept. of Public Safety (source for Charley Project) has her listed as 17 years old with a d.o.b. of February 15, 1969.

KLNM Television has her listed with a d.o.b. of February 1969 (02/1969) and age in 2014 as 'approximately 45'.

They all agree on August 1st 1987 being the last date Pearl was seen, with the exception of KLNM who lists she went missing during the 'later part of the year 1987'.

I think it's safe to assume Pearl was actually 18 when she went missing.

Just one final post - remembered it when closing my tabs -

Lufkin is about 2 hours northeast of Houston (where the class ring found with PB is from); and Manvel (where PB was found) is 30 minutes south of Houston.

So it's all in pretty close proximity. Will try to post a map for reference tomorrow too.
    Wanted to add to this that Diboll, TX (where Pearl went missing from) is 15 minutes south of Lufkin on the US 59, the quickest and shortest route one would take from Lufkin to Houston.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong, but Classmates wants me to pay for signing up. Don't really feel like doing that.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast