811 users online (84 members and 727 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JanetElaine View Post
    Please note there is a slight discrepancy in the age listed for Pearl Shepherd Rodriguez. I do not think it matters much, but wanted to point it out regardless.

NamUs has her listed as 17 years old, no date of birth.

Charley Project has her listed as 18 years old with a d.o.b. of February 15, 1969.

Texas Dept. of Public Safety (source for Charley Project) has her listed as 17 years old with a d.o.b. of February 15, 1969.

KLNM Television has her listed with a d.o.b. of February 1969 (02/1969) and age in 2014 as 'approximately 45'.

They all agree on August 1st 1987 being the last date Pearl was seen, with the exception of KLNM who lists she went missing during the 'later part of the year 1987'.

I think it's safe to assume Pearl was actually 18 when she went missing.
    Yeah, that was confusing. It seems the most common DOB is 2/69.

I sent the email to the 3 contacts listed on PB's NamUs and Doe Network. And then it says it was sent back to me for 2 of them? Well, at least it sent to one of the contacts. I don't know why it sent back to me, I used the right contact information...
    Proverbs 19:17

Buckskin Girl - Facebook page - Websleuths thread
    Arroyo Grande Jane Doe - Facebook page - Websleuths thread

Hmm... Well hopefully you will hear back from the one... does it appear that the other two are outdated?

I'm having connectivity problems, been having them since yesterday but it didn't bother me much until I sat down this morning to get some stuff done. Slower than molasses. Might not be on here as much as I anticipated.

Still haven't found anything that is a total discrepancy with PB. Since her weight was mostly a guesstimate I'm not putting that much stock in it, and who knows how accurate Pearl's listed weight is anyway. Since they both have DNA on file, seems like that's the way to go.

I hope one of Pearl's daughters decides to Google her mom's name again and stumbles upon this thread and joins...

Hmm... Well hopefully you will hear back from the one... does it appear that the other two are outdated?

I'm having connectivity problems, been having them since yesterday but it didn't bother me much until I sat down this morning to get some stuff done. Slower than molasses. Might not be on here as much as I anticipated.

Still haven't found anything that is a total discrepancy with PB. Since her weight was mostly a guesstimate I'm not putting that much stock in it, and who knows how accurate Pearl's listed weight is anyway. Since they both have DNA on file, seems like that's the way to go.

I hope one of Pearl's daughters decides to Google her mom's name again and stumbles upon this thread and joins...
    Yeah, I'll go ahead and guess the two email addresses are outdated. It's probably been a while since Princess' Doe page was updated.

Hopefully the one contact does answer.

It would be a great addition to have to WS if one of her daughters joined. On that note, I couldn't find a thread for Pearl here, so I'll make one in about an hour.

FWIW I also noticed it posted on Pearl's Facebook group that a report was not taken until 2013.

This could explain why she was not earlier identified, especially considering the DNA was just added to NamUs on 2.19.16, I believe (that's when Pearl's profile went up, anyhow).

Hi Springrain - just popping in to add my 2 cents. Many Hispanics such as Puerto Rican, Dominican, Panamanian have African ancestry and/or European ancestry mixed with the indigenous people of their land. For instance I know a man who is Puerto Rican, both parents born there, he did a 23&Me test and it shows he has 24% African heritage, the rest is a mix of Taino Indian, Spanish/Portuguese, and other European countries.

Pearl could have self identified as Hispanic/Latina but had multi-ethnic roots. Likewise, Princess Doe could have been Hispanic with distant African ancestry.

Quote Originally Posted by Springrain View Post
    I think it seems possible Pearl has/had some AA blood too, carbuff. On Doe Network, it says of Princess Blue that "it is likely one parent or one grandparent was Black." So it is not inconceivable that she had Hispanic genes too, right? Or not? I know nothing about that kind of thing unfortunately.

I say submit , it looks good Where's Carl btw ?
    Suzanne Marie Sevakis Welcome home.

OK--I got an email back from the NamUs contact today. It reads:

"Both individuals have DNA completed at the University of North Texas Center for Human Identification and entered into the FBI Combined DNA Index System (CODIS) with no associations."

Guess that rules Pearl out, then. I'm still going to make a thread here for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Springrain View Post
    OK--I got an email back from the NamUs contact today. It reads:

"Both individuals have DNA completed at the University of North Texas Center for Human Identification and entered into the FBI Combined DNA Index System (CODIS) with no associations."

Guess that rules Pearl out, then. I'm still going to make a thread here for her.
    Is that definitely what it means? (Asking because like I said - not from the US originally and not a native English speaker). If so, make sure to report it so Pearl can be added to the Ruled Out list.

I'll have to do dinner etc but I'll find Pearl's thread later tonight. Thanks, Springrain! I really bad want to find Pearl now....

(I did notice she was only added to NamUs on Feb 19th 2016, I thought that was rather late for a 2013 report).

Cross-referencing the threads:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...-1-August-1987

Springrain!

Here you go JanetElaine

Pearl Shepherd Rodriguez

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lina-County-TX

Is that definitely what it means? (Asking because like I said - not from the US originally and not a native English speaker). If so, make sure to report it so Pearl can be added to the Ruled Out list.

I'll have to do dinner etc but I'll find Pearl's thread later tonight. Thanks, Springrain! I really bad want to find Pearl now....

(I did notice she was only added to NamUs on Feb 19th 2016, I thought that was rather late for a 2013 report).
    Does the DNA immediately run, or does it take a while? It's only been 10 days.
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)

Quote Originally Posted by carbuff View Post
    Does the DNA immediately run, or does it take a while? It's only been 10 days.
    Well, he said it was completed. I wondered that too, seems kind of quickly to complete...

I really hope the DNA was actually compared and the person who emailed back isn't just assuming... That does seem awfully fast if the DNA has only been in the system since the 19th. Although I admittedly do not know how exactly they do these things.

Springrain, do you feel comfortable emailing them again and asking about the sizes for the other rings Princess Blue was wearing?

The activity here for these two ladies is, I think, one of the greatest functions of Websleuths. A huge thank you to you members who have the time and skill to work on possible matches. What a blessing for the families, even if they are currently unaware.

*BUMP*
    Just checking to see if anyone else was ever able to confirm the DNA was compared?
    Was looking into Pearl as a possibility too. She looks good for a possible match to me too. I wonder if there is another person to contact possibly to check? On Namus she's not listed as ruled out.
    Just curious
    "The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it." Albert Einstein

Everything I write is my very own opinion unless I give a link. I can and will change my mind when the evidence leads me in another direction.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast