961 users online (180 members and 781 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

FL - Amethyst "Amy" Lindsey, 16, Fort Myers, 8 February 2016

Amethyst “Amey” Dawn Lindsey

Mother of Missing Florida Teen Amey Lindsey Pleads for Help

Fort Meyers, Florida -
    The tattoo is a family thing, that's the only reason Amey's mother let her get it.

"The tattoo started with her father, because of all the medical things he's dealt with. It says, 'I am right here with you,' to signify that no matter what, he's here," Dorrinda Barron, Amey's mother, told Dateline. "Amey's older sister got it last year and this year, she really wanted to get it for her 16th birthday. But hers has two fishhooks that formed a heart, since the two of them loved to fish together."

But two days after Amey got the tattoo, the teen, who posted a touching message about her family alongside a photo of it on Facebook, vanished.

The last time anyone saw Amey, whose legal name is Amethyst, was the evening of February 8. Her mother told Dateline the teen was sitting on her bed that night surrounded by piles of books and papers, finishing some homework on her laptop. The following morning, Amey was gone, the screen was popped out of her open window.

https://www.facebook.com/missingcases/

It's been an emotional two months for the family. Two days before Christmas, Amey's father Chris suffered a stroke, rendering him physically disabled and unable to speak clearly. Amey, who played goalie for her high school's soccer team, switched to taking virtual, online classes for the spring semester so she could be home to assist with her father's care.

http://www.nbcnews.com/feature/missi...s-help-n523706
    Last edited by los2188; 02-22-2016 at 08:07 PM.
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

This is the same county I live in and I have not heard a peep about this girl until today. And LE hasn't interviewed the neighbor that Amey confided in yet? Hopefully they have at least interviewed the 2 men in her complex that she claims to have assaulted her. Geez

http://www.nbc-2.com/story/31286400/...leads-for-help
    I spoke too soon, this JUST went up locally. She's been missing over a week!!!

I wonder how long the family has been in Florida - it seems many of her FB friends are in Tennessee. I wonder if she just wanted to go "home" for awhile. If she never really established herself in Fla, then switched to virtual school to stay home, she may have been very isolated. I hope that's all it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Andie11 View Post
    I wonder how long the family has been in Florida - it seems many of her FB friends are in Tennessee. I wonder if she just wanted to go "home" for awhile. If she never really established herself in Fla, then switched to virtual school to stay home, she may have been very isolated. I hope that's all it is.
    I hope so too. I was poking through her friends too looking to see is she was friends with the missing man in Cape Coral. But it looks like most of her friends are around her age. I noticed the same thing about TN. Maybe that's what LE thinks also and that's why they have been so silent?

Another circumstance troubling Her Mom is what her daughter told a neighbor, with whom she had grown close, several weeks before she disappeared. Amey confided to the woman that she had been sexually assaulted by two older men who lived in their apartment complex. Amey told her mother a week or so before she disappeared, saying she did not want to report it to police as she thought too much time had passed.

It sounds as if she was gonna meet someone outside and was planning on coming back. I hope she just needed some time away. Even though it doesn't appear to be.

Quote Originally Posted by pappa rob View Post
    Another circumstance troubling Her Mom is what her daughter told a neighbor, with whom she had grown close, several weeks before she disappeared. Amey confided to the woman that she had been sexually assaulted by two older men who lived in their apartment complex. Amey told her mother a week or so before she disappeared, saying she did not want to report it to police as she thought too much time had passed.

Her mother said authorities have done little to locate Amey, even though she is under the age of 18. She told Dateline she's concerned as police have not yet questioned the neighbor Amey opened up to about the alleged assault, nor, to her knowledge, have they interviewed anyone else living at their complex.

Amey Lindsey is described as 5'6" tall, weighing 120 lbs. with red-brown hair and brown eyes. She has a tattoo on her right arm that reads, "I am right here with you."

Quote Originally Posted by pappa rob View Post
    Not that it's great that she's been missing before but it should give up hope that she just needed to get away. Fingers crossed. Great find pappa rob!!

Of interest: I noticed her FB states she studied at Texas A&M University. Not really sure how, since she just turned 16. I mention it because IMO, it shows this girl may be holding herself out to be older than she is. Not a good sign.
    There is always HOPE!!!

Her friends I see appear to be in Texas. As is typical of this age, to change school, etc., and volunteer to be home with Dad recovering from a stroke and then take off, is very self-centered. Every pic and post I see on Facebook look to me like she is trying to appear older than she is. I wonder if the assault story is true. She ran away at 12 which to me sounds like she was on a rocky road at a young age.
    "If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you have to find the courage to live it."
    - John Irving in A Prayer for Owen Meany

Unless I provide a link or refer to a specific link, all my ramblings are theories, speculation, scenarios based on what info is available and my own unique life experiences.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast