991 users online (176 members and 815 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

AL - Jarvaris James, 33, killed after tracking stolen phone, Fairfield, 21 Feb 2016

Alabama man, 23, shot and killed in church parking lot after trying to use app to track down stolen cellphone

A 23-year-old Alabama man was killed after trying to use an app to track down his stolen cellphone.

A 23-year-old Alabama man was shot dead Sunday night in the parking lot of Crumbley Bethel Baptist Church (pictured) after using an app to track down his stolen cellphone.

Fairfield police said he was gunned down in the parking lot a of church.

Authorities believe the man was tracking a phone that was stolen during an earlier car break-in, which led him to the suspected gunman.

Chief Lean Davis said the man was shot twice in the chest Sunday night.

The 23-year-old victim’s phone was stolen from his car in Fairfield, Alabama, a suburb of Birmingham, said Fairfield Police Chief Leon Davis.

The victim was pronounced dead once he arrived at a the UAB hospital (pictured) in Birmingham.

The tracking app led the victim to a church parking lot near Miles College late on Sunday, Davis said.

The man is believed to have “arrived on the scene and hit a button on the app that made the phone ring inside a vehicle,” the police chief said in an interview. “When he went to retrieve the phone inside the

vehicle, the suspect shot and killed him.”

The victim and the shooter apparently knew each other, Davis said. The suspect has not been arrested but police have “very good leads” as to his identity, he added.

Read more:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz40xEySS72
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-al...-idUSKCN0VV2GS
    Last edited by los2188; 02-22-2016 at 10:44 PM.
    "When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

More guns, please! Always such happy endings when guns are at play!

Kill kill kill shoot shoot shoot.

ETA: i feel i should apologize for my super foul mood tonight. One of my closest friends from college was shot to death last night by a man she rented property to.

He was known to be a bit "off" but luckily he still possessed several guns, one of which pretty much took Tracy's head off of her body.

I will voluntarily give myself a TO until I can process this crap. I am so sick of guns.

Sorry, friends. I am a mess tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by EllieBee View Post

ETA: i feel i should apologize for my super foul mood tonight. One of my closest friends from college was shot to death last night by a man she rented property to.

He was known to be a bit "off" but luckily he still possessed several guns, one of which pretty much took Tracy's head off of her body.

I will voluntarily give myself a TO until I can process this crap. I am so sick of guns.

So sorry!

I'm so sorry.

Elisaa444 is offline "Respect is for those who deserve it, not for those that demand it."

EllieBee,

I'm so very sorry! I'm thinking of you.

"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."

I'm so sorry for your loss. I see we have the same "love" of guns though..

I'm so sorry.

Since nowhere in this thread has the victims name I will provide it: Jarvaris James. The killer is still at large.

Fairfield police Chief Leon Davis today announced the charge against 19-year-old Jamil Deandre Eatmon, aka G-Bo. Eatmon is sought in the Sunday night slaying of 33-year-old Jarvaris James.

http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/in..._of_man_s.html