Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 113
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    1,394

    Minnesota Infant Infected with Polio Virus

    FULL STORY: http://www.startribune.com/stories/462/5645999.html

    Use: http://www.bugmenot.com if prompted for registration

    Health officials are investigating the case of an infant from central Minnesota who was infected with the virus that causes polio, the Minnesota Department of Health said today.

    The infant is hospitalized but does not have symptoms of the paralytic illnesses that sometimes result from a polio infection, the department said. The child had previously been diagnosed with immune system problems.

    "It is important to note that there is no risk to the general public,'' Health Commissioner Dianne Mandernach said in a statement.

    But the department said this is the first case of polio infection reported in the United States since 2000, when the country stopped using the live-virus oral polio vaccine.

    The last case of naturally occurring polio in the United States was reported in 1979, and naturally occurring polio is considered eradicated in the Western Hemisphere. The last case of polio reported in Minnesota had been in 1992, and it was a vaccine-related case, according to the department's Web site.


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,763
    Good Lord.

    My uncle had polio. My mother made sure we had every vaccination on the day we were old enough to have it.

    I don't even know if my son was vaccinated back in the early 80's when he was born, now that I think of it.

    Maybe they need to redefine what the word 'eradicated' means if this is just spontaneously showing up again.


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    23,784
    Quote Originally Posted by SimonSays
    FULL STORY:
    The infant is hospitalized but does not have symptoms of the paralytic illnesses that sometimes result from a polio infection, the department said. The child had previously been diagnosed with immune system problems.
    I wonder how they came to find it if the child didn't have symptoms? And I didn't know you could have polio and not show symptoms.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

    Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?


    "Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    1,394
    Sounds to me like they know a lot more than they're telling as to not scare people.


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,686
    As long as a person and their kids have had proper immunization, which is 93% in this state......there is no problem........


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    14,795
    Quote Originally Posted by CyberLaw
    As long as a person and their kids have had proper immunization, which is 93% in this state......there is no problem........
    I think you are right about this. My uncle had polio when I was a kid....it was real sketchy in my memory but he is fine but old now. It was a 50's scare and we all had immunization. But I am from the era where we actually contracted mumps and measles.


  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,686
    The one thing that some people don't realize, it that things like the mumps, measels and German Measels have "not gone away" but the reason that there has been no(or very few) cases, is because children and a whole generation of adults have received vaccines against these diseases.

    A whole group of people in a particular town did not want a vaccine against diseases and in particular, German Measels(for relligious reasons). At least 300 out of 500 people got German Measels including pregnant women, children, infants and others.

    But other people in this town were perfectly fine because they had all been vaccinated against this disease and were in no danger of catching this disease.

    No child can start school in my province without up to date immunization, these files are reviewed all the time to ensure they are up to date and current......if a child does not have up to date immunization, they are immediately suspended from school until proof is provided to the school from a doctor that the child all the required shots.

    The health department, children's aid, the School Board is all involved if a parent does not take care of their children's health and welfare which effects all children in the community and school......


  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    maryland
    Posts
    1,832
    I believe if we get the "entire" story we will find out this case is related to the oral polio vaccine. There is no "wild polio" in this country .
    Vaccines may be wonderful, however, 1 in 166 children now have autism, and since few are girls it can safely be claimed 1 in 80 boys have autism. Is this a good trade off?


  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    9,715
    Cyber??

    In the US you can site religious reasons or get a medical override.

    For example my son richie who is autistic has no shots.
    The last he recieved was when he was 2.

    Although I am not convinced that vaccinations caused his autistim or made it worse to date no Dr I have gone to has disputed it. They agree with my assesment. NOT one has been willing to risk that vaccines could maybe make his autism worse and each has signed a medical release.

    Few parents in the US know of this because it is not the info you recieve but you can refuse vaccines. I would also like to point out that in some cases you absolutely should.
    For example The Chicken Pox vaccine.
    Chicken Pox is a virus which means it mutates to vaccinate only causes greater mutation so now people get a version of chicken pox that is potentially more dangerous.
    Chicken pox was relatively harmless except to the very old and very young or those with compromised immune systems. SO we have now caused a greater harm in protecting those prone to being sicklier any how.


  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    maryland
    Posts
    1,832
    http://www.salon.com/news/feature/20.../index_np.html

    Please read the above, it's worth taking the time for the free pass at Salon.
    Note the author, he is the son of Robert Kennedy , he has no need for either fame or fortune.

    I have damaged grandchildren, different mothers, different fathers, damaged nephews, two profoundly autistic, while my grandchildren , one Aspergers the other still a ?, aren't as severe.For every autistic child , there are hundreds more who have to be medicated for a myriad of learning and behavior problems that were RARE fifty years ago. I have one, the newest baby, who is NORMAL in the sense of the fifties. He reminds me of eating organic, we think our taste buds have aged, until we spring for the six dollar bag of potatoes. However, without vaccines come worries, every cut, scratch ,splinter, fear of crowds, etc. We are considering vaccinating at least for tetanus. Along with the vaccines came an infant mortality rate far worse than countries that delay immunization, so don't anyone tell me he could die, I know this, I know as well, that so many have , and our government has lied.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    253

    Angry It's hard to ignore the evidence...

    that there has been a tremendous rise in the number of cases of autism and related disorders in the past 20 years in the USA. Even taking into account the number that have been diagnosed due to better recognition and diagnostic methods, there are still way too many cases to be a coincidence.

    I personally have two theories about this-one, that vaccines that used thimerosal as a preservative are suspect. Thimerosal is a MERCURY-derived product-and I believe that in certain children who have a genetic susceptibility to this heavy metal account for a large portion of the current autism epidemic.This would also explain why women who ate large amounts of tuna during their pregnancies are giving birth to more than one child with autism!

    The second theory I have concerns the sheer NUMBER of vaccinations that children receive today. I believe that a certain segment of the infant population are born with immune systems that don't "turn on" like they are supposed to after birth. In these children. being given multiple vaccinations literally overwhelms their already inefficiently functioning immune systems-hence the development of diseases that are based in the brain-the largest and most susceptible organ in a baby's body.

    These are my theories-and it will be interesting to see if in the next ten years the incidence of autism, which is very low on the African continent currently, suddenly takes a dramatic jump. Why? Because the vaccine manufacturers, who were ordered to remove thimerosal from their vaccines sold in the US, instead of destroying the remaining vaccine supply containing thimerosal, "donated" it for use in Africa to be able to take a hefty tax write-off!


  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    maryland
    Posts
    1,832
    Quote Originally Posted by gatetrekker44
    that there has been a tremendous rise in the number of cases of autism and related disorders in the past 20 years in the USA. Even taking into account the number that have been diagnosed due to better recognition and diagnostic methods, there are still way too many cases to be a coincidence.

    I personally have two theories about this-one, that vaccines that used thimerosal as a preservative are suspect. Thimerosal is a MERCURY-derived product-and I believe that in certain children who have a genetic susceptibility to this heavy metal account for a large portion of the current autism epidemic.This would also explain why women who ate large amounts of tuna during their pregnancies are giving birth to more than one child with autism!

    The second theory I have concerns the sheer NUMBER of vaccinations that children receive today. I believe that a certain segment of the infant population are born with immune systems that don't "turn on" like they are supposed to after birth. In these children. being given multiple vaccinations literally overwhelms their already inefficiently functioning immune systems-hence the development of diseases that are based in the brain-the largest and most susceptible organ in a baby's body.

    These are my theories-and it will be interesting to see if in the next ten years the incidence of autism, which is very low on the African continent currently, suddenly takes a dramatic jump. Why? Because the vaccine manufacturers, who were ordered to remove thimerosal from their vaccines sold in the US, instead of destroying the remaining vaccine supply containing thimerosal, "donated" it for use in Africa to be able to take a hefty tax write-off!
    Yes, another USA crime! Interesting ,too, is the amazing absence of autism in Amish children.
    http://www.mercola.com/2005/may/4/amish_autism.htm

    We should see a drop in autism, a disappearance! If we can trust that the thimerosal was taken out. However, if it's replaced with another "brain toxin", such as aluminum, we may see new adverse "occurrences", since both aluminum and mercury have been exposed as causing cognitive dysfunction.

    http://pediatrics.aappublications.or...ers/112/6/1394


  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    9,715
    I think that the knowledge and acceptance of autism play into the uprising in its occurance.


  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    1,186

    Hi Amraan...

    ...unfortunately, medical/scientific studies totally disagree with you....autism is NOT caused by vaccines, and you are putting your kid at risk by not getting him the vaccines....The chicken pox vaccine is one of the safest ones out there, actually.....having been around in Europe amd Japan with no ill effects for a decade before it was used in the US...

    The diseases the vaccines protect against are not gone from the planet, and are truly horrible and life threatening....The fact that your child is autistic is NOT your fault, but it is also NOT related to vaccines, either.


    For many, many articles from reputable universities and other sites, citing hundreds of studies:

    http://www.google.com/search?q=vacci...&start=10&sa=N


  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    9,715
    Well Capp about 20 Dr's don't disagree with me.


    I said if you will note that I don't know but the medical proffession doesn't either.
    Your Incorrect about any tests disagreeing... But will debate this tomorrow

    Nice seeing you !!

    Amra


Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •