NJ NJ - Quinton Twp, Jericho Rd, WhtMale 16-22, UP1526, matches -Tolz Realty in Cape May, Jun'79

Migmuu

Reaction score
I could've sworn this man had a thread already, but I couldn't find anything when I searched by the DoeNet and NamUs case numbers.

5UMNJ / UP#1526

DEMOGRAPHICS
Race: Caucasian
Sex: Male
Height: 5'6 - 5'8 (56 - 58 inches)
Weight: 150 lbs
Postmortem Interval: Likely died in winter 1978

CIRCUMSTANCES
Date: June 2, 1979
Circumstances: Found in a shallow grave off a dirt road near Belleville, NJ

PHYSICAL
Hair: Medium-brown hair, 4 - 6 inches in length
Dental notes: Tooth #20 was extracted at least two years prior to death. Teeth #2 and #15 rotated. #17 and #32 tissue impacted.

CLOTHING/ACCESSORIES
White Madewell painter's pants; heavy-knit Michelangelo sweater w/ dark blue or black sleeves and white body; 'Cotton Poppy' Indian-style shirt; T-shirt; dark blue Lee jacket w/ gold metal "R" on right, and a gold-colored cross on the left breast pocket, size S; black Pro Ked sneakers.
Yellow metal spiral twist chain, grey metal chain w/ decorative horn ornament. Pack of Marlboro cigarettes w/ the words Meth, Weed, Joint and Pot written on the box. Matchbook w/ "Tolz Realty Co." written in gold lettering.

IDENTIFIERS
DNA: Samples submitted - Tests complete. Mitochondrial DNA only.
Dentals: Available and entered
Fingerprints: Available and Entered

Roger Stenholt looks like a great possible match.

1. Age (23) is within one year.
2. Race (Caucasian) matches.
3. Low end of height range (5’11) is within 3 inches of the UID. Bodies tend to shrink after death as the muscles dehydrate, which could account for the discrepancy.
4. Weight (165 - 180 lb) is within 15 pounds of the UID.
5. Hair seems consistent; both had brown hair and the hair length seems consistent
6. Timing seems consistent. Nobody knows exactly when Stenholt disappeared. NamUs officially puts it at 1 Jan 1977, but there’s indication that he was last seen in 1978. This would fit the postmortem interval, where the UID is believed to have died in fall or winter 1978.
7. Although NamUs says he’s missing from Arizona, he was actually last seen in New York. I can’t find which city, but New York borders New Jersey, so the distance can’t be too far off.
8. Roger’s teeth look consistent, from my untrained eye.
9. The photos of him at 23 don’t look too similar to the UID, but I freaked when I compared the reconstruction to the photo of Stenkholt at 15. It looks EXACTLY like him. Down to the face shape and even the hair.

Check it out:

WDbxkSq.png

Hi, I don't often follow UID cases but this one caught my eye (seems preferable to all the murdered babies in my subs list...).

Roger's Namus shows they have his DNA, fingerprints and dentals. Wouldn't this UID have been run through the system and hit a match?

Might be a daft question, not sure how it works. :blushing:

Hi, I don't often follow UID cases but this one caught my eye (seems preferable to all the murdered babies in my subs list...).

Roger's Namus shows they have his DNA, fingerprints and dentals. Wouldn't this UID have been run through the system and hit a match?

Might be a daft question, not sure how it works. :blushing:

No, it's a good question. All matches in NamUs are performed manually. It doesn't work like CODIS, which will produce a match automatically. NamUs will give the investigators a list of possible matches whose stats line up with the UID, but the investigator has order a manual comparison.

Because the date and especially the location listed are so far off, Stenholt probably wouldn't be high on the list of potential matches returned by NamUs.

No, it's a good question. All matches in NamUs are performed manually. It doesn't work like CODIS, which will produce a match automatically. NamUs will give the investigators a list of possible matches whose stats line up with the UID, but the investigator has order a manual comparison.

Because the date and especially the location listed are so far off, Stenholt probably wouldn't be high on the list of potential matches returned by NamUs.

Brilliant, thanks for explaining! So do you have to submit that possibility to the police or NamUs? There are definitely facial similarities.

Any time I've submitted possible matches to Donna Fontana, she usually acknowledges the submission and that is about it. I'm not being critical, just telling you my experience.

I've never had a match so I do not know if she would get back to you if this was a match.

Any time I've submitted possible matches to Donna Fontana, she usually acknowledges the submission and that is about it. I'm not being critical, just telling you my experience.

I've never had a match so I do not know if she would get back to you if this was a match.

I've submitted two other PMs to her before this one. One of them, it took a few days and I saw the name had been added to the rule-out list on NamUs. The other, I never heard anything again.

I'll follow up on Monday. I actually forgot about that second PM and now I'm curious to see if anything happened with it.

ETA: Here.
Now that I think about it, I think I submitted it to the Gloucester County ME's office and not Donna Fontana. When I call her on Monday, I'll bring this UID up too. Besides all but one of the stats being consistent, both the UID and missing man had on a similar-colored overcoat (one described as 'rust' and the other 'maroon') and running shoes.

Nicolas Zizzamia has been ruled out per namus.

I am going to submit Lawrence to namus.

Good call, Kaylara. I see he has a plaid shirt in one of his namus pics.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Nicolas Zizzamia has been ruled out per namus.
I am going to submit Lawrence to namus.
I saw the same similarities in the shirts, so I went poking around.
According to the FB page set up for Lawrence, his brothers are in the process of submitting DNA. I don't think they've even collected it yet, from the sounds of it.

Can you share the link? I can't find it.
It wasn't easy to find, lol; I found it on a fluke.
https://www.facebook.com/larrygoodmanmissing/
It looks like they are waiting to receive the kits and that the two older brothers will giving the samples.
Is it against the rules to reach out to family who have set up FB pages for their missing loved ones? If not, you could drop his brother a line if you wanted to. :)

I thought we were allowed if the family member is actively searching and looking for help. I think I will ask in that group specifically if they want us looking at possible John Doe matches.

Done. I gave him the link to the page in the missing forum, told him that I submitted this doe as a possible match, and told him he should probably submit his brother to the doe network and the Charley Project. He said he will post more information about his brother tomorrow.

I thought we were allowed if the family member is actively searching and looking for help. I think I will ask in that group specifically if they want us looking at possible John Doe matches.
I haven't been able to get clarification on that. I recently was told not to reach out to family unless they contact us. The mod didn't mention anything about social media, but I figure if the family has put it out there in a public place, like FB, it should be permissible.

Well... crap. If I messed up here, I'm sorry and won't do it again. I thought that it was okay if they were actively looking on social media. I didn't mean to possibly over step my bounds .

Well... crap. If I messed up here, I'm sorry and won't do it again. I thought that it was okay if they were actively looking on social media. I didn't mean to possibly over step my bounds .
I'm not sure what the boundaries are, to be honest. I will PM the mod and get a clarification because now I'm curious.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Quincy_M.E.
Back