Book: Media Tried, Justice Denied

beesy

myspace.com/beesy_boo
Reaction score
Goody said:
MTJD is a self-published book so I don't think there is much chance CWB would go after DK for selling the bad copies. They are probably so deluded that they think the demand is so high that people will pay anything to get them, good copies or not. What people want though is only the photos. I bet most of the people who buy it think she is guilty and get it just to study the evidence. And I wonder how many thought they would prove to themselves she was innocent only to be let down after studying the evidence.
MTJD is published by McIntosh Press International. Is that Chris' company?

Goody said:
Sometimes I wonder if he even wrote it. He could just be a front man, you know. They say he was once a publisher of a small newspaper in the area. You'd think someone like that would write much better than what is in that book. Hard to say though. Maybe he just sold ads in his paper and let someone else do the writing. Darin was said to have bragged that Darlie was going to write their story so they could cut the middle man out. Who knows? Maybe that mess in that book is her handiwork. To be honest, I didn't even read it. The little bitty print and red ink got on my nerves. LOL!

Rumour has it that Darin gave a lot of information to Don Davis author of Hush Little Babies. Also, that Davis did not consult with the state to learn their evidence they had against her. Perhaps that's why his book is biased toward her. Although he never really comes out and gives his opinion on her guilt or innocence only that he believes her trial was unfair.

cami said:
Rumour has it that Darin gave a lot of information to Don Davis author of Hush Little Babies. Also, that Davis did not consult with the state to learn their evidence they had against her. Perhaps that's why his book is biased toward her. Although he never really comes out and gives his opinion on her guilt or innocence only that he believes her trial was unfair.
Don Davis is a reporter and it is obvious reading his book that a lot of his info came from the family. However, he is the one who found a neighbor talking about the thong bikini and the garage sales. I didn't get the impression he apporved of much of what Darlie did, but he did seem to be biased in her favor at times. Or maybe it shows more in his comments against the state if you know what I mean. They did break some rules, I think. Well, maybe not break them but sort of hinged up on the borderline in a couple of areas. Still many of those can probably be explained away by something else, so who knows? I am all into this Cody Posey case right now and not thinking too much about Darlie.

The photos in the book show very little of the information I would still like to know.
The bloody handprint on the couch was in whose blood? Whose print was it?

The pillow Darlie was lying on was clearly evidence that she was cut on the throat while laying on it.

The blood on the t shirt was mainly hers and amounts found on her would be consistant with giving aid to her boys.

She did aid them she followed the directions given to her by Darin to place wet towels and dry towels on the wounds of the smaller child while he tried to give mouth to mouth to one child.

It was she who called 911
why even call if you are trying to kill your kids.
Just lay there and be a victim, make Darin call the one boy was still alive when the ambulance got there. Her mission hadn't been accomplished yet.

There is evidence of an intruder>

The photos do show boot prints on the carpet impressions.
Darlie was obsessive about the carpet--- trust me this is first hand knowledge. NO ONE wore shoes in the house.

No other "mother killer" has ever held out this long in denial she did it.

I've heard every diet pill freak theory as motive but to tell you truth Darlie is too Dumb for that.
Not don't get me wrong she isn't stupid. She could balance a check book enough to handle the business and home most of the time. She knew the A/R reports and Debits coming out. Everyone knows she liked to spend money.

Could she plan an execute this crime
If she killed for a profit why didn't she make one. Insurance 10,000
Funeral for your sons 14,000.
Possibly going to prison for it Priceless.

She lacks the forthought and intelligence to plan an execute this kind of thing. Frankly murder wouldn't cross her mind- she could torture you in other ways.

She wasn't mean spirited or anything like that. I used to baby sit her and she later baby sat for me. I've known Mama Darlie since I was 17. Darlie Lynn was a little girl and down right beautiful. Grown men would look twice at her when she was 7, just like her sons she has an angelic face.

She in no way fits the profile of women who kill their children. Knives were used in the crime and it is not very comman for a women of Darlie's ethnic and cultural profile to knife her children.

The numbers don't add up here that is what bothers me.
Every other women who has killed their children has confessed after much less time and pressure.
Why hasn't she.

G.I.RattlesnakeJane said:
The pillow Darlie was lying on was clearly evidence that she was cut on the throat while laying on it.
No, it doesn't. There is no way to know when or how that blood got on the pillow. Even if you believe it does, what did she do? Just lay there without moving? Where is all the blood that should be there once she started moving about? Why wasn't the couch injured? The guy only took two or three swipes at her and never missed?

The blood on the t shirt was mainly hers and amounts found on her would be consistant with giving aid to her boys.
No, it is not. If she had been helping her boys, she would have had a whole lot of their blood on her. Definitely a whole more than she had.

She did aid them she followed the directions given to her by Darin to place wet towels and dry towels on the wounds of the smaller child while he tried to give mouth to mouth to one child.
So now Darin is saying HE told her to wet the towels. Utter BS. Sorry, I really do want to talk to people who knew and know Darlie, but I don't want to be snowed. I want to be told the truth.

It was she who called 911
why even call if you are trying to kill your kids.
Just lay there and be a victim, make Darin call the one boy was still alive when the ambulance got there. Her mission hadn't been accomplished yet.

You know what they say about best laid plans.

I don't think they knew Damon was still alive when she dialed 911. But that is my opinion. The fact that he was does not automatically tell me that she is innocent.

There is evidence of an intruder>

Darlie was obsessive about the carpet--- trust me this is first hand knowledge. NO ONE wore shoes in the house. [?QUOTE]

The cops and EMTs and firemen did.

No other "mother killer" has ever held out this long in denial she did it.
O, yeah? Diane Downs still claims to be innocent and she has a lot more years on her than Darlie does. Debbie Milke still claims innocence, too, and she was caught with the bullets to the gun that shot the little boy. Claims of innocence carry no weight at all. Better than confessing, I guess, but definitely don't make one innocent.

I've heard every diet pill freak theory as motive but to tell you truth Darlie is too Dumb for that.
No, she isn't. Besides, PPD has nothing at all do with how smart or dumb someone is. It crosses all classes and races and aptitudes.

Not don't get me wrong she isn't stupid. She could balance a check book enough to handle the business and home most of the time. She knew the A/R reports and Debits coming out. Everyone knows she liked to spend money.

Could she plan an execute this crime
If she killed for a profit why didn't she make one. Insurance 10,000
Funeral for your sons 14,000.
Possibly going to prison for it Priceless.
People who commit these types of murder are risk takers. They don't believe they will get caught. They think their story is believable and are usually shocked when people don't believe them. They think they can charm their way out of it and usually insist on testifying, only to hang themselves just the way Darlie did.

As for your money motive there, it is difficult to know without her telling us exactly what was going thru her mind, but I suspect she expected there to be more than enough money, but not necessarily from insurance funds.

She lacks the forthought and intelligence to plan an execute this kind of thing.
How demeaning? How intelligent do you think one has to be to kill another? In this country, 10 year olds have certainly been smart enough. Are you saying she is mentally deficient?

Frankly murder wouldn't cross her mind- she could torture you in other ways.

She wasn't mean spirited or anything like that. I used to baby sit her and she later baby sat for me. I've known Mama Darlie since I was 17. Darlie Lynn was a little girl and down right beautiful. Grown men would look twice at her when she was 7, just like her sons she has an angelic face.

She in no way fits the profile of women who kill their children. Knives were used in the crime and it is not very comman for a women of Darlie's ethnic and cultural profile to knife her children.

The numbers don't add up here that is what bothers me.
Every other women who has killed their children has confessed after much less time and pressure.
Why hasn't she.
I agree that she doesn't fit the profile of a woman who would murder her children and that is part of the attraction to this case, but many women who kill their children don't fit the profile either....like Dr Green in Kansas. She still claims she is innocent too. She is withdrawing her confession. O, and don't forget Julie Rea in Illinois. She won a new trial which hasn't been heard yet, but she also insists she is innocent.

Sorry, but it will take more than claims of innocence to convince me. I want specifics. Anyone else would have recovered their lost memory long ago and if they had some success with hypnotism, they would want to be hypnotized again and again to recover as much as possible. I am very disappointed that Darlie seems to have no interest in remembering what could save her life. I understand someone wrote to her asking if a psychic could aid in the case and she turned them down. So all in all, she isn't giving us much reason to believe her.

She could balance a check book enough to handle the business and home most of the time. She knew the A/R reports and Debits coming out. Everyone knows she liked to spend money.

The boot print is only there because Chris Brown put an overlay on a bloody carpet. Its its imagination and his imagination ONLY.

The Routiers were loosing their business, their credit cards were months overdue, their mortgage was at least two months behind, they couldn't afford to get their car or their boat fixed and they couldn't get a mere $5,000 loan. If you think this makes Darlie look like she can balance a check book then darlin, I honestly don't know what to tell you. My 11 year old daughter could do better.

Goody said:
I agree that she doesn't fit the profile of a woman who would murder her children

I think she does fit the profile, Goody. One of the reasons mothers kill their children is for revenge against the husband. If we believe Barbara Jovell (and I do), Darin had been ragging Darlie for months about her weight, and they were arguing constantly, and sometimes violently, about money.

Darlie's ongoing depression, the argument on 6/6, threatening separation/divorce - all of it could have come to a head that night. For all we know, Darin might have threatened to take the kids, which sent her over the edge. Devon and Damon became expendable resources to be used in their war.

Why not Drake, too? No big mystery there, imo. I think he was just plain lucky to be upstairs when Darlie quickly hatched her plan.

Mary456 said:
I think she does fit the profile, Goody. One of the reasons mothers kill their children is for revenge against the husband. If we believe Barbara Jovell (and I do), Darin had been ragging Darlie for months about her weight, and they were arguing constantly, and sometimes violently, about money.

Darlie's ongoing depression, the argument on 6/6, threatening separation/divorce - all of it could have come to a head that night. For all we know, Darin might have threatened to take the kids, which sent her over the edge. Devon and Damon became expendable resources to be used in their war.

Why not Drake, too? No big mystery there, imo. I think he was just plain lucky to be upstairs when Darlie quickly hatched her plan.
Middle income housewives don't usually kill their children unless there is a divorce in the works and a period of living without the husband in the home, esp if he has a girlfriend. Darlie and Darin were nowhere close to splitting up from anything I have found. No girlfriends, no boyfriends. Their problems were centered around money. And it takes a lot more than just a threat to leave to start plotting revenge, esp on your children's lives.

Somewhere under the surface, Darlie may fit the profile, but from what we see on the surface, I don't see it.

deandaniellws said:
I guess....since you INSISTED we act like grown ups!:crazy: :truce: Why do you think Darlie acted alone and that Darin is not involved? I know that you are probably going to say blood evidence...but since he didn't have a shirt on and the jeans have not been tested...what other indicators or behaviors lead you to believe this? What about that polygraph he failed.....EVERY question relating to the planning and knowing who did it?

I think he knows exactly what happened, I just don't think he actually had a knife in his hands and stabbed one of the boys. He may have helped in the staging, but not necessarily.

Jeana (DP) said:
I think he knows exactly what happened, I just don't think he actually had a knife in his hands and stabbed one of the boys. He may have helped in the staging, but not necessarily.
Jeana, if Darin didn't help in the staging than do you believe Darlie told him what happened or he "happened" to come downstairs during the attack on herself or do you think he just put 2 and 2 together and the shock of all of it was just too much and he didn't say anything because he didn't want to lose any more of his family?

detectivewannabe said:
Jeana, if Darin didn't help in the staging than do you believe Darlie told him what happened or he "happened" to come downstairs during the attack on herself or do you think he just put 2 and 2 together and the shock of all of it was just too much and he didn't say anything because he didn't want to lose any more of his family?
He failed a polygraph that says he stabbed her, helped her plan the murders, and knew who killed his children. Juice the prick along with her. :twocents:

detectivewannabe said:

I think he came down during. I think its possible that he helped stage part of it, but I don't think its the only thing that works. I think its entirely possible that Darlie did it alone. There was plenty of time and let's face it. There really wasn't that much to do. Drop a sock. Drop a wine glass. Wipe up a bit of blood. How long could that possibly take? I think its entirely possible that Darin came down during, said what the "F" are you doing, got the knife from her and put it down on the counter himself, maybe pushed her back, maybe sat on her and tried to calm her down, and THEN did his CPR thing.

Here's a stupid question:loser: Is Darlie and Darin still married? I am assuming he still stands by her innocence?

detectivewannabe said:
Here's a stupid question:loser: Is Darlie and Darin still married? I am assuming he still stands by her innocence?
Yes, they are still married. He still says she is innocent. He didn't show up for the hearing though. Makes you wonder doesn't it?

deandaniellws said:
Yes, they are still married. He still says she is innocent. He didn't show up for the hearing though. Makes you wonder doesn't it?
Why do you think he has stayed married to her all these years?

detectivewannabe said:
Why do you think he has stayed married to her all these years?
Because they both have the goods on each other. I think he is afraid that once she finds out there is no hope for her, she is going to spill the beans and start implicating him. As long as either one of them think an appeal is possible, neither of them are going to talk, and both of them will stay married. Do I think he is staying true to her while she is in prison? Of course not.

I cant seem to buy the whole theory on he was upstairs and she had a fit of rage and started killing the kids and he walked in on it and didnt kill her! I can buy that he knew ahead she was going to do it, and he helped her in it, but the other theory, i just dont see it :truce: be easy on me, lol....I could see him upstairs waiting for her to give him the "ok" and then he comes down and they put there plan in action but i think she stabbed them herself. He probably did the running around cleaning up ect....

michelle said:
I cant seem to buy the whole theory on he was upstairs and she had a fit of rage and started killing the kids and he walked in on it and didnt kill her! I can buy that he knew ahead she was going to do it, and he helped her in it, but the other theory, i just dont see it :truce: be easy on me, lol....I could see him upstairs waiting for her to give him the "ok" and then he comes down and they put there plan in action but i think she stabbed them herself. He probably did the running around cleaning up ect....
See that is the problem.....it has holes in it no matter which theory you choose to believe. I think that is why we are still here...after all these years...and we are still digging. Most people that I know(that are interested in this case) have been reading and thinking about this for years. It doesn't make sense any way you figure it! :banghead: :banghead: The only thing that I am sure of is that I know in my heart he is involved. Even when I was not sure of her guilt, I was sure of his. Which goes against what most everyone else believes. Yep, I know I am strange! ;) But I am glad you like me anyway Michelle! :p

deandaniellws said:
See that is the problem.....it has holes in it no matter which theory you choose to believe. I think that is why we are still here...after all these years...and we are still digging. Most people that I know(that are interested in this case) have been reading and thinking about this for years. It doesn't make sense any way you figure it! :banghead: :banghead: The only thing that I am sure of is that I know in my heart he is involved. Even when I was not sure of her guilt, I was sure of his. Which goes against what most everyone else believes. Yep, I know I am strange! ;) But I am glad you like me anyway Michelle! :p
You know we can agree to disagree and still get along :blushing: . But from how I see it, is that if she did kill the boys I cannot fathom how he didnt see or hear anything which leads me to believe he had to have his hand in it somewhere. I dont think he stabbed any of them but I do question his cleaning up and staging, sort of like Jon Benet, now i dont think patsy killed her, but i do think someone in the house did and she covered that up too. When you love someone no matter how horrible of something they did, people are funny they will lie and cover up crimes to save a family member even if it is their own kids! I would kill somebody for mine, but some people are just strange.

michelle said:
You know we can agree to disagree and still get along :blushing: . But from how I see it, is that if she did kill the boys I cannot fathom how he didnt see or hear anything which leads me to believe he had to have his hand in it somewhere. I dont think he stabbed any of them but I do question his cleaning up and staging, sort of like Jon Benet, now i dont think patsy killed her, but i do think someone in the house did and she covered that up too. When you love someone no matter how horrible of something they did, people are funny they will lie and cover up crimes to save a family member even if it is their own kids! I would kill somebody for mine, but some people are just strange.
Shoot....Michelle...we agree on almost 99.9999% of most things. All I am saying is that no matter which way I turn....it still doesn't make totally sense. I believe she did it.....I also believe that he helped. But.......it still doesn't all fit together. :doh: Someone said earlier that they wished she had stabbed him. LOL.....:D Works for me!:cool:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redeworker
Back