1137 users online (198 members and 939 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Police say former ULM student was stabbed
    Scott Rogers, lsrogers@thenewsstar.com 9:22 p.m. CDT August 12, 2015

Monroe police say the University of Louisiana at Monroe alumna found dead late Saturday was stabbed, most likely by someone she knew.

Police identified the victim Wednesday as Meing-Chen Hsiao, 34, of Taiwan.

[...]

This particular case and crime was very personal. There were no signs of forced entry, so our evidence leads us to believe the person knew her very well,” Brown said
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

Finally! I'm so glad to see movement in this case.
    Last edited by Elle*Bee; 02-24-2016 at 12:03 AM. Reason: Typo

Oh, how encouraging! It looks pretty good right now, IMO.

Here is another article on Tellis:

Sources identify man to be indicted for Chambers' murder; father describes excitement

Posted: Feb 23, 2016 3:32 PM EST Updated: Feb 23, 2016 10:23 PM EST By WMCActionNews5.com Staff

PANOLA CO, MS (WMC) - Sources confirm a man named Quinton Tellis will be publicly identified as a suspect in the murder of Jessica Chambers during Wednesday's press conference. It's the break the Chambers family and investigators have been waiting for in the case.

<snip>

"Words can't describe how excited I am. God knows I've been waiting a long time for this," Ben Chambers, Jessica's father, said. "I cried. I cried."

Connect

http://www.wafb.com/story/31295079/s...-chambers-case
    Last edited by borndem; 02-24-2016 at 01:01 AM. Reason: add quote

All posts, unless attributed, are "just my humble opinion," and they are to remain here in Websleuths and are not to be used elsewhere. Thank you.

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
    William Shakespeare, King Richard II

The Angel of the Waters, Bethesda Terrace, Central Park, New York City

Quote Originally Posted by bbbd4u View Post
    "Tellis is believed to have been the last person to have been with Chambers the night she was killed. The two allegedly had a relationship in the weeks leading up to her death, officials said." Source: http://www.clarionledger.com/story/n...case/80825562/

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk
    This is from bbbd4u post from the Clarian Ledger:

<snip>
    In May 2011, Tellis had a case for simple assault and domestic violence-simple dismissed after affiants Laketer Harrell and Mary Evans failed to appear to prosecute. He had pleaded not guilty to charges of disturbance of a family, records show.
    <snip>

Tellis was living in Monroe with his new wife when he was arrested by Monroe Police Department and charged with crimes connected to the stabbing death of Meing-Chen Hsiao, 34, of Taiwan. Local media reports say she had been missing for more than a week when her body was found Aug. 8. She had been stabbed to death in her apartment.
    Police said Hsiao's homicide appeared to be very personal and the perp knew her very well.

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/n...case/80825562/

May 2011 assault & domestic violence. Dec 6,2014 Jessica Chambers immolation.August 8,2015 Meing Chen Hsiao's stabbed to death;her homicide appeared to be very personnel.

Quinton Tellis very likely was on a trajectory not unlike many other serial killers. Remember Champion and Darby said early on the perp was a local who had committed this type of crime before. If only Tellis had been apprehended immediately after Herron Road;foreign exchange student Meing Hsiao would still be very much alive.

Finally catching up and seeing some wonderful news!!!!

Bet ya $10 if the fbi would have just waterboarded auntie sha sha, they would have gotten that name months ago!!
    I hope that everyone who gave statements about the "partay" that did NOT mention this guy's name, also gets indicted as well.

Oh thank god!!! Now which one of you lovely sleuths had this pos in their radar!?

2008 - Quinton Verdell Tellis charged with petty larceny in Panola County.

2009 - Charged with disorderly conduct-failure to comply, resisting arrest and possession of marijuana in a vehicle.

2010 - Sentenced to five years for residential burglary in January; released on probation in August (later revoked).

May - Charged with simple assault and domestic violence.

Dec - Sentenced again for residential burglary

2012 - Sentenced to three years in February for residential burglary

Oct - QVT released from prison on probation from a burglary conviction

Dec 6 - Jessica Chambers is set afire and murdered in Panola County, MS.

Dec 10 - QVT all smiles on FB.

March - QVT got a job, per FB

June 16 - QVT goes fishing.

July 29-31 (?) - Meing-Chen Hsiao, 34, goes missing in Ouachita Parish, LA.

Aug 07 - The police report says Tellis used a Chase Bank debit card belonging to Hsiao about 11 p.m. Aug. 7.

Aug 08 - Hsiao is found stabbed to death in her apartment after being missing for over a week.

Aug 08 - QVT gets married, per FB.

Aug 12 - QVT posts "God is good" on FB.

Aug 12 - News story: Police say former ULM student was stabbed

Aug 15 - QVT updates his FB cover photo with a wedding picture.

Aug 20 - QVT arrested on drug charges, and unauthorized use of Hsiao's access card.

Nov 18 - QVT named a suspect in Hsiao's murder

Feb 3 - Drug charges, Schedule I Controlled Dangerous Substance

Feb 23 - QVT indicted on capital murder charges in the death of Jessica Chambers.

http://www.sunherald.com/news/local/...e62087742.html
    http://www.clarionledger.com/story/n...case/80825562/
    http://www.wafb.com/story/31295079/s...chambers-case#
    Last edited by bessie; 02-24-2016 at 08:11 AM.
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

Unhappy Not a Fairy Tale Ending

Free men will disagree.

skibaboo is offline <3 The amazing Mr Skibs, GBNF <3 Now an 'official' crazy cat (& Map) lady.
    I think I got this right, 10:30AM will be 4:30PM in the UK?

Marking my spot, still can't quite believe it!

A big step closer to Justice For Jessica!!!

Hillsborough 15/4/1989 JFT96 GBNF YNWA *Verdict - The REAL Truth: 96 Liverpool fans were unlawfully killed*

Celebrating Mr Skibaboo RIP Baljeev Johal, my dear friend. RIP

Case Map Database - Links to all Case Maps I have created, and their related Websleuths threads

Glad that Jessica and the Chambers family are receiving justice.. Sadly, Jessica Chambers, wasn't likely predator Quinton V. Tellis's first unsuspecting innocent victim taken, imo.. It is such a tragedy that Meing-Chen Hsiao's life was so brutally taken before he was finally apprehended..

Wow! Just, wow! Justice...finally!

Had he been on LE's radar this entire time or was new information just uncovered? People around Jessica must have known she had just started dating Tellis in the few weeks before her death, right? Or maybe the two of them kept it on the down-low because he had a fiancé (only an assumption because six months after Jessica was killed, Tellis got married)?

So many questions! Too many to list before getting the kids off to school. RIP Jessica!

ETA: He got married the day Meing-Chen's body was found.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...dead-road.html
    Last edited by MamaJoJo; 02-24-2016 at 08:56 AM. Reason: Link for marriage info

It will be interesting to see how the facts line up in JC's case. Placing QT at the scene of the crime is foremost. Secondly it seems odd that an imbecile who uses his latest murder victim's ATM card for 7-cents within hours of her murder, and then repeats additional transactions shortly after that, did nothing similar in JC's murder.

How probable is it that QT could remain so invisible for so long?

Probably thought he was invincible after getting away with JC's murder for so long. And he got more daring.

I find it super-hard to believe (as I'm sure everyone else does) that so many people close to Tellis knew nothing about his connection to the murder of Jessica.

I surely hope that LE rounds up all these people that had zipper-lip this whole time and arrest them too for aiding and abetting!

There's plenty of connections to be made from the Panola police logs and FB out there that will show these people had to have known something IMO.

Why was the "community" so quiet about this guy? Did he have help? Did her friends know they were dating? So many questions...
    MOO, IMO, etc...

Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast