GUILTY FL - Lonzie Barton, 2, Jacksonville, 24 July 2015 - #10

Coldpizza

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
'We have found this child': Lonzie Barton search ends after 172 days

635881310884749924-635742225530736196-memorial.jpg

What was expected to be the start of trial for Ruben Ebron, the man considered the chief suspect in the child’s July 24 disappearance, devolved in a flood of surprising developments Monday. First, just minutes before lawyers were set to begin jury selection in the high-profile trial, Ebron’s defense team sought a continuance, waiving his right to a speedy trial after weeks of declining to make that request. That decision pushed at least until next Tuesday any legal proceeding in the case.

Lonzie's fate: A timeline of key events

lonzie990_3.jpg

Thread #1 Thread #2
Thread #3 Thread #4
Thread #5 Thread #6
Thread #7 Thread #8
Thread #9

Bringing over Saveritt post from last thread

" Have ya'll noticed that the house that the dinosaur sits in front of is blue? IMO no way she would have been able to see the color in the dark 

I wonder how much difference it would have made if the police had found this house and knew this?

I'm surprised she could see the fountain and the elephant as she is so young, isn't it hard to see out of a car window when young and small? also I wonder if they got out of the car?

ETA I cannot upload the picture from my phone ...durn

Bringing over Saveritt post from last thread

" Have ya'll noticed that the house that the dinosaur sits in front of is blue? IMO no way she would have been able to see the color in the dark 

RSBM

Is this house with the fountain and dinosaur the route RE would have to take? So many people, including LE were working very hard to find Lonzie. I hope we can learn something from each case to help with the next one. Maybe in this case it was possible the mention of a dinosaur wasn't received as accurate. However, it would have been a nice detail to give the public, maybe? I don't see how this would have affected the search or something LE would want to be kept quiet because only the perp would know.

We all, including LE wanted to find Lonzie and the cause of his death. What really, really upsets me is how did this child see and remember the dinosaur. I guess I'm ready to accept the possibility Lonzie was gone before it got dark. That is so hard to take, does anyone else have an idea how the child could have noticed this if it was dark?

Do many here believe now that Lonzie was gone before Lonna went to work? Lonna said the kids were in the back seat and she kissed them, at some point the little girl was in the front seat...like at the ATM, correct? Where was Lonzie? When LE stated early in the case they believed Lonzie was gone they must have had some evidence to support that theory. Was it the blood in the apartment. Honestly wish a jury could hear all the evidence and let a jury decide.

RSBM

Is this house with the fountain and dinosaur the route RE would have to take? So many people, including LE were working very hard to find Lonzie. I hope we can learn something from each case to help with the next one. Maybe in this case it was possible the mention of a dinosaur wasn't received as accurate. However, it would have been a nice detail to give the public, maybe? I don't see how this would have affected the search or something LE would want to be kept quiet because only the perp would know.

We all, including LE wanted to find Lonzie and the cause of his death. What really, really upsets me is how did this child see and remember the dinosaur. I guess I'm ready to accept the possibility Lonzie was gone before it got dark. That is so hard to take, does anyone else have an idea how the child could have noticed this if it was dark?

Do many here believe now that Lonzie was gone before Lonna went to work? Lonna said the kids were in the back seat and she kissed them, at some point the little girl was in the front seat...like at the ATM, correct? Where was Lonzie? When LE stated early in the case they believed Lonzie was gone they must have had some evidence to support that theory. Was it the blood in the apartment. Honestly wish a jury could hear all the evidence and let a jury decide.

Clarification to my post above. I was not speaking to holding this information back.

My wonder is if they found the dinosaur and fountain on their own . before the plea deal only .. if that would have affected the plea deal if they had know that before.

Are we positive they did not know about this?

From the last thread:
GigTu said:
RIP baby Lonzie.

There's about 800 posts to date since Lonzie was found. Has anyone discovered if the McDonalds and blue house sister saw were along the path from the apartment to where Lonzie was found?
skibaboo said:
Sheriff responds to disturbing details in Lonzie case

Questions raised on why information wasn't released in search for toddler

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - A day after hundreds of pages of evidence and hours of recordings were released in the case of toddler Lonzie Barton's death, Jacksonville Sheriff Mike Williams said he's reviewing the case and why certain information wasn't released to the public.

Information like the fact that in the days after Lonzie's disappearance, his 5-year-old sister nearly led police to the area where Lonzie's remains were later found.

Detectives even put the girl in a car and encouraged her to lead them to the area where Lonzie was. She directed them to Philips Highway south of the Avenues Mall. She couldn't pinpoint a spot to search, saying only, "Look in the woods," and it was near "the blue house, the green house and purple and pink houses."

"I learned from a couple of different sources that at one point, Lonzie's sister said that they came in to this area, and she identified it because she said there was a dinosaur in the yard, and also a lit fountain," WJXT crime and safety analyst Gil Smith said.

If only! I know I personally would have gone around and around streetview until I found the garden with the dinosaurs in!!
attachment.php
attachment.php

I had a feeling the BBM parts were more important than was originally reported. I really really wish they had also shared this dinosaur information and the "lit" parts with the public. We here in WS probably would have found the place right away. Poor little girl. I hope charges on behalf of this young lady are brought up against those 3 evil people as well. They have ruined her life and it will be a miracle if she grows up to be a normal, productive adult.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 652
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 653
1h1 hour ago
Cathy ‏@courtchatter
#LonnaBarton sentencing on Guilty plea to Child Neglect set for this Friday. #LonzieBarton

It's spring like weather here in CA, the trees are blossoming, and I've been noticing a new blue jay in my back yard... and it always makes me think of Lonzie the blue eyed boy.

Is there a live stream for LB' sentencing this morning? 11:15.

Can't find a live stream, but here's some tweets...

31m31 minutes ago
Chris Parenteau ‏@WJXTChris
Prosecutor Rich Mantei is already inside the courtroom. Ruben Ebron's mother is waiting to go in.

31m31 minutes ago
Prosecutor Rich Mantei is already inside the courtroom. Ruben Ebron's mother is waiting to go in.

Lonna Barton's parents are in court, will not testify. Lonna will not testify either.

Lonna Barton's attorney says Lonna made up pregnancy story hoping that Ruben finding out would lead to him saying where Lonzie's body was.

Lonna Barton's attorney asks judge for 1 year in Duval County Jail with credit for time served.

Jenna Bourne ‏@jennaANjax 7m7 minutes ago
Defense attorney: #LonnaBarton lied that we she was pregnant b/c she thought that would make Ebron tell her where Lonzie was #anjaxbreaking

Jenna Bourne ‏@jennaANjax 6m6 minutes ago
Defense attorney says #LonnaBarton cannot have any more children b/c of surgery she had after Lonzie was born

Jenna Bourne ‏@jennaANjax 6m6 minutes ago
Defense attorney: #LonnaBarton’s version of what happened can’t be contradicted by evidence

Jenna Bourne ‏@jennaANjax 4m4 minutes ago
Defense attorney: Ruben Ebron traumatized Lonzie's sister by making her ride in car with him to dump her brother's body #anjaxbreaking

Jenna Bourne ‏@jennaANjax 1m1 minute ago
Mantei: Pics of Lonzie on Ebron’s phone showed serious abdominal wound that was potentially deadly, multiple visible injuries to head

https://twitter.com/ActionNewsJax

Jenna Bourne ‏@jennaANjax 2m2 minutes ago
Mantie: Autopsy showed Lonzie had 7 healing rib fractures. Defense objected, but judge overruled.

Mantei: #LonnaBarton has acted in her own self-interest from the beginning

Jenna Bourne ‏@jennaANjax 34s34 seconds ago
Mantei: If it weren’t for #LonnaBarton, Lonzie would have never met Ruben Ebron

Jenna Bourne ‏@jennaANjax 55s55 seconds ago
Mantei: #LonnaBarton and Ruben Ebron have different versions of what happened to Lonzie, neither can be disproved by evidence.

I don't recall reading anything about Lonna's version - did I miss something?

For that matter all I've read about Ebron's version is they put Lonzie in the bathtub and locked him in the bathroom so they could have "make-up sex" after fighting over Lonzie's injuries and found him dead afterwards.

Jenna Bourne ‏@jennaANjax 2m2 minutes ago
Defense attorney: #LonnaBarton took Lonzie to doctor for sister pushing him down the stairs. Healing rib fractures may be related.

Yeah, right...

5 Years!

Judge sentences #LonnaBarton to maximum sentence five years with credit for 169 days time served, plus fines #anjaxbreaking @ActionNewsJax.

Jenna Bourne @jennaANjax
Judge sentences #LonnaBarton to maximum sentence five years with credit for 169 days time served, plus fines #anjaxbreaking @ActionNewsJax.

She'll get more time for her drug bust then her neglect of her son.

5 years!

jenna bourne ‏@jennaanjax 1m1 minute ago
judge sentences #lonnabarton to maximum sentence five years with credit for 169 days time served, plus fines #anjaxbreaking @actionnewsjax.

seriously????????????????????????

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back