1150 users online (239 members and 911 guests)  

Websleuths News

los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

LA - Jessica McQuate, 30, New Orleans, 23 Feb 2016

Jessica McQuate

NOPD looking for tourist who went missing in the French Quarter

The French Quarter, New Orleans, Louisiana -
    The NOPD is asking for help in locating a woman who went missing while on vacation in New Orleans.

Investigators say that 30-year-old Jessica McQuate was last seen on February 23rd, walking in the 600 Block of Bourbon Street.

She has not been heard from since.

Detectives say that McQuate was on vacation in New Orleans with her boyfriend when she went missing.

https://www.facebook.com/jessica.mcquate

http://wgno.com/2016/02/24/nopd-look...rench-quarter/
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Have they released surveillance shots yets?

Not much info on how she went missing? It says she was on vacation with her boyfriend, but was she walking alone when she gone missing?

I believe from piecing together her fb, that she is an RN from OHio. A matching name is on the registry as such. I hope she is found safe. We don't normally see a lot of updates from the PD in NOLA when that happens, IME.
    Compassion cost nothing but pays dividends.

Jessica McQuate was last spotted on [Bourbon Street] around 3 p.m.

She was wearing a black shirt and jeans.

http://wgno.com/2016/02/24/nopd-look...rench-quarter/

It's been a little over 48 hours....worrisome. Not finding anything new out there. I hope she is safe somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Dockins View Post
    I believe from piecing together her fb, that she is an RN from OHio. A matching name is on the registry as such. I hope she is found safe. We don't normally see a lot of updates from the PD in NOLA when that happens, IME.
    Exactly. Followed two other cases from NO...not much info to be had from LE.

los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
    Missing Bourbon Street tourist found safe; fiancee thinks she was drugged

They had never been to New Orleans, yet Ohio residents Chad Brown and Jessica McQuate decided the city was the perfect place to get married and celebrate their new lives together.

The trip was marred, however, when the couple decided to stop for drinks last Tuesday (Feb. 23) along Bourbon Street. Several hours – and several drinks -- later, McQuate had

vanished, only to return to the hotel the next morning with several valuables missing and no recollection of what happened to her.

"It's an experience I never wish to happen again," Brown, 43, said by phone Monday.

The couple had only been in New Orleans for roughly 24 hours when, having filled out the necessary paperwork for their impending marriage, they starting walking along BourbonStreet.

By around 3 p.m., they stopped for a drink at a bar somewhere in the 600 block of Bourbon Street.

Brown said he couldn't remember the name of the bar, only the strange sensation that came over him.

"I got this crazy feeling about me," he said. "I've never had that experience in my entire life, and I'm 43 years old."

Feeling dizzy and light-headed, Brown said he left McQuate inside the bar and stepped outside for some air. He's not sure how long he was outside, but when he returned to the bar, his 30-year-old fiancé was nowhere to be found.

For the next 12 hours, Brown said he scoured the unfamiliar French Quarter in search of McQuate. In that time, he said he became convinced at least one of the drinks he and McQuate consumed had been drugged.
    http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/...t_possibl.html
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Found safe, http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/...t_possibl.html

Missing Bourbon Street tourist found safe; fiancée thinks she was drugged..

Since police are investigating whether she was drugged, I'm assuming they took a urine or blood sample. I wonder what they were drinking - some drinks are so strong you really can't have more than one or at most two before becoming completely drunk, unlike standard bar drinks.

I've never had a drink like that.. The only time I ever had something like that happen I only had 1 drink. fortunately I had friends there to help me out..

Quote Originally Posted by pappa rob View Post
    I've never had a drink like that.. The only time I ever had something like that happen I only had 1 drink. fortunately I had friends there to help me out..
    You wouldn't believe how many people here on WS have been drugged, roofied....I learned this in a thread here year ago.

There are cameras all over the Quarter. 600 Bourbon is command central as in alot going on. It was day light. Cameras in and out of that 600 area would have footage of this couple. Her red hair would stand out, IMO. Would like to know what bar(s) they went to in that short span.