Baby Name Stealing

BetteDavisEyes

Fasten your seatbelts...
Reaction score
That's MY child's name! For some parents, baby-name theft is no joke

20 hours ago
Gael Fashingbauer Cooper

TODAY Contributor

When TODAY Parents asked our readers about how they selected their baby names, more than 12,000 of you responded. And the results were fascinating. TODAY Parents readers prefer classic names, and don't think their children have popular names — although they admit it would bother them if those names started shooting up the popularity charts.

But one of the most intriguing questions concerned a topic that some don't even believe is real: baby-name stealing.

Name stealing was the topic of a classic "Seinfeld" episode, where George tells fiancee Susan he wants to name their future child "Seven," after the jersey number of famed New York Yankee Mickey Mantle. Susan and George aren't even expecting, but when another couple hear the name and decide to use it, George is furious. "Please! I have so little!" George shouts into the delivery room.

More than half of those answering our survey sided with George. They say that baby-name stealing is a real phenomenon, and that if parents-to-be know another couple has plans for a name, they shouldn't use it...

http://www.today.com/parents/s-my-child-s-name-some-parents-baby-name-theft-t75506

Click on this link at the bottom of the screen: PlayYikes, stripes! Little girl turns baby sister into zebra with marker

Hilarious!

Click on this link at the bottom of the screen: PlayYikes, stripes! Little girl turns baby sister into zebra with marker
Hilarious!

Hilarious? Depends on whether you are the big sister or little sister.

Well, okay, mos' def' funny from afar.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back