Okay, tell me ~ Was this Puppy Saved? or Stolen?

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
A man is accused of breaking into All About Puppies pet store and stealing a $3,000 English bulldog puppy. But his wife says he had a noble motive.

B_1_1B4PUPPY_224378_1001.jpg

Nicole Graham said what her husband did Thursday night was an act of love. Largo police call it a felony.

Damien Robert Graham, 32, broke in through a front window at 7:28 p.m. and stole a $3,000 English bulldog puppy from the All About Puppies pet store, Officer James Shinn said.

Officers used a police dog to track Graham to a bar across the street from All About Puppies, 7190 Ulmerton Road.

The police dog then led officers to the nearby Grandview Apartments, where officers found Graham standing at a corner.

<> After questioning him, police found the puppy in his apartment. His roommate said Graham had brought the puppy home minutes before, Shinn said.</> Graham had visited the light-brown and white puppy named Darla two weeks ago, Shinn said.

"He didn't have the money to purchase it, and he got tired of waiting and decided to break in and steal it," Shinn said.

Nicole Graham said Friday a female employee at the puppy store hinted two weeks ago that the business would euthanize Darla soon if no one purchased the dog. Her husband was simply trying to save Darla on Thursday, she said.

All About Puppies manager Trudy Eacret said Friday her store does not euthanize puppies.

"They all stay here until they sell," she said. "These are like our own babies."

http://sptimes.com/2005/10/01/Northpinellas/Was_this_puppy_saved_.shtml

I think it was stolen too... with a lame excuse like the one he gave. Sheesh :doh:

Cute puppy though!

I think it's stolen because I don't think pet stores kill the ones that aren't sold. The pound does, if someone doesn't adopt them, but not pet stores.

No pet store is going to "kill" a 3K pup, they wait until it is sold and they don't kill any pup as far as I know.

It was stealing, plain and simple......

He flat-out stole the puppy. If he really cared, and truly believed that the puppy was going to be euthanized (which I am sure he didn't), he would have, at the very least, asked to the owner about it.

It is just a lame excuse in the mind of a criminal to attempt to "justify' his actions in his own warped and weird mind so he can "explain" his action in an attempt to not suffer the natural and criminal consequences of his actions......

We hear "stories" like this all of the time.......excuses, excuses.........

Nicole Graham said Friday a female employee at the puppy store hinted two weeks ago that the business would euthanize Darla soon if no one purchased the dog. Her husband was simply trying to save Darla on Thursday, she said.

I noticed the use of the word "hinted." Some wives are willing to say anything to defend the felonious actions of their husband. "His roommate said Graham had brought the puppy home minutes before" It appears Damien Robert Graham has a wife, but is living in an apartment with a roommate???

The guy is guilty of stealing the pup.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back