1211 users online (221 members and 990 guests)  

Websleuths News

FL - Father, daughter found dead in Merritt Island home; investigation continues

Father, daughter found dead in Merritt Island home; investigation continues

Calling the deaths 'tragic,' Brevard County sheriff's investigators are trying to determine what happened that lead to the apparent suicide of a father and the death of his 13-year-old daughter sometime before their bodies were discovered in their Merritt Island home late Sunday.

"Obviously it's just a tragic event. We're still investigating it and we're trying to determine the question of why," said Lt. Dan Singleton of the Brevard County sheriff's office's Major Crimes Unit.

Investigators identified the father as 42-year-old Sittichai Boonkeian and the daughter named as Ananya Mungmart.

Boonkeian worked at a Thai restaurant in Rockledge. Ananya, who recently celebrated a birthday, was a student at Tropical Elementary School.

Authorities would not confirm how Boonkeian died but are awaiting results in the daughter's death. Authorities believe the father's death was a suicide but did not elaborate on how. The mother, who was not home, is in Thailand, authorities said.

My kids are a window to my past, a mirror of today, a door to tomorrow, and a keeper of this proud old dad's heart forever.

East Tennessee

Still no cause of death for 13 year old daughter. I assume they are waiting on toxicology. RIP.
    "If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you have to find the courage to live it."
    - John Irving in A Prayer for Owen Meany

Unless I provide a link or refer to a specific link, all my ramblings are theories, speculation, scenarios based on what info is available and my own unique life experiences.

I hope they confirm the mother is indeed in Thailand. jmo