Reaction score
:rose: Remembering Tim Bosma and waiting for Justice :rose:

bosma-wife.jpg

National Post

By Molly Hayes

B821254669Z.1_20130514195432_000_GQ9VSLAR.2_Content.jpg

TIM AND HIS DAUGHTER
Photo courtesy of the Bosma family​

Sorry if I'm behind (again), hard to keep up. Regarding Lisa Williams testimony and her husband's work. I wonder if DM was contacting 'dubien' on May 9th to ask him about UNinstalling the security cameras? Or wait, was it to ask Williams to fetch the incinerator receipt? Argh, can't keep up with the players and their connections!

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/c...uy-bosmas-pickup-with-125k-salary-trial-hears

If the contact to Dubien on the 9th was to ask him how to uninstall the security cameras, I wonder why DM didn't just ask him how to destroy or erase the hard drives?

All part of the ever expanding web....imo

Did I miss something about court today?? Though I read that it was on Mon thru Fri this week?

Him being the IT guy, this doesn't surprise me that he's connected to the MA domain. But I could be wrong...I'm not an IT expert, heck I'm lucky to do the basic functions on my phone lol

Unless she one of those magicians who do the trick where a card magically appears on the other side of a glass, it would be pretty much impossible for her to have smuggled out papers from visits to DM. There is a wall of glass/plexiglass between prisoners and visitors that is so thick that they must communicate through a telephone handset.

I checked that out on www.johnhoward.on.ca in Visitors Handbook.
It appears that unless there is a security risk, a visitor sits at a table with the detainee....no glass no phone.

All part of the ever expanding web....imo

Did I miss something about court today?? Though I read that it was on Mon thru Fri this week?

Where did you see this? I was under the impression court was Mon-Thurs (except for the family day week) and wasn't sitting during Spring Break.....

Unless she one of those magicians who do the trick where a card magically appears on the other side of a glass, it would be pretty much impossible for her to have smuggled out papers from visits to DM. There is a wall of glass/plexiglass between prisoners and visitors that is so thick that they must communicate through a telephone handset.

I will admit to knowing NOTHING about visiting someone in jail.....but how do you know they use the phone/plexiglass instead of visitor tables? <modsnip>

The first article says Millard Holdings Ltd. is an amalgamated company formerly held by Carl Millard and Wayne Millard. Based on this info and the Millardair Wikipedia entry, I'm going to guess that Millard Holdings Ltd. owns whatever was left over of Millard Air Incorporated upon the death of Wayne Millard in 2012. This might include vehicles, aircraft, equipment, and any other assets and liabilities of Millard Air except for the hangar, which was most likely owned by Millard Properties Inc. I'm just making this assumption because it is common for real estate to be owned in a separate corporation for liability protection.
On my initial search a few years ago, Millard Holdings Ltd. and Millard Properties Inc. did not have any properties registered to them at the time of DM's arrest. However, they may have had assets such as vehicles, patents and equipment. Millardair Inc. is the legal name of the aircraft business- any aircraft they owned were kept in this company. According to the historical aircraft registry, it was Millardair Limited up until 2008. It also appears that at one time it was Millardair Ltd.
http://wwwapps.tc.gc.ca/Saf-Sec-Sur...n=|MILLARD|&tn=||&ln=||&fn=||&rfr2=RchHs.aspx
Millard Properties was the company that leased the land for the hangar.
http://www.therecord.com/sports-story/3244013-public-cash-supported-failed-hangar-plan/

Where did you see this? I was under the impression court was Mon-Thurs (except for the family day week) and wasn't sitting during Spring Break.....

I would like to quote the page and source....but sadly, it was a line read quickly this Monday past. I read it and thought that it was unusual but was glad of it and never thought of it again until this morning.

I believe you read that the judge asked if a Friday was open, if they could use Fridays as a court day. I remeber that being said but this Friday was not confirmed.

I checked that out on www.johnhoward.on.ca in Visitors Handbook.
It appears that unless there is a security risk, a visitor sits at a table with the detainee....no glass no phone.

I've been lurking the websleuth forums on this case since the beginning, this is my first post, I hope I quoted correctly. Thanks to all of you, who have been posting here, it's made for interesting reading & sleuthing. To answer your question about visits, I have personally been visited (23 yrs ago when I was young & did something very dumb that put me on the holding side of the glass), & I have also been a visitor, at the Barton St holding centre in Hamilton. All visits in that particular holding facility, are secure visits (thick glass & a phone), unless you're meeting with your lawyer or the police. The open visits that the John Howard society speaks of, are in federal prisons (unless there's a security risk, then even in federal prison, there would be thick glass & a phone). I hope that helps to answer your question.

So, in thinking about some of the statements made this week in court, such as the one about the IT guy it got me to thinking... did MA ever have a website? I was sure they did, but I couldn't remember for certain so I did a search. And found this: https://whoisology.com/archive_12/millardair.com

So... yeah. :thinking:

https://web.archive.org/web/20130512004955/http://www.millardair.com

There is nothing archived any earlier than May 12, 2013. LW's testimony claimed that her husband did the surveillance, she said nothing about IT work. Take from that what you will.

MOO

ETA: Ontario Mom beat me to it! I'm sure there is discussion about this somewhere around here from a couple years ago.

I've been lurking the websleuth forums on this case since the beginning, this is my first post, I hope I quoted correctly. Thanks to all of you, who have been posting here, it's made for interesting reading & sleuthing. To answer your question about visits, I have personally been visited (23 yrs ago when I was young & did something very dumb that put me on the holding side of the glass), & I have also been a visitor, at the Barton St holding centre in Hamilton. All visits in that particular holding facility, are secure visits (thick glass & a phone), unless you're meeting with your lawyer or the police. The open visits that the John Howard society speaks of, are in federal prisons (unless there's a security risk, then even in federal prison, there would be thick glass & a phone). I hope that helps to answer your question.

Welcome hippy_chic :welcome:

Thanks for clarifying that for us. I also seem to remember that the reporter from the Hamilton spec who visited DM at Barton St and did an article about it mentioned the glass and black phone receiver between them.

Yes here it is...

Millard stood tall behind the glass during the brief visit; his orange coveralls zipped up all the way, with the sleeves rolled halfway up his arms.

His blondish-brown hair is cut shorter now than in many of the older photos frequently published in the media. He has a five o'clock shadow.

He is calm, friendly &#8212; looks his visitor square in the eyes, speaking on a black telephone attached to the glass window separating inmates and visitors. In this private room, there are no other visits taking place.

"I want to talk to you&#8230;but I just can't," Millard said, putting down the phone and signalling to the guard outside the door that the visit was over.

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/4075078-exclusive-jail-visits-with-bosma-s-accused-killers/

https://web.archive.org/web/20130512004955/http://www.millardair.com

There is nothing archived any earlier than May 12, 2013. LW's testimony claimed that her husband did the surveillance, she said nothing about IT work. Take from that what you will.

MOO

ETA: Ontario Mom beat me to it! I'm sure there is discussion about this somewhere around here from a couple years ago.

I was referring to Agnew the NAPA auto parts guy saying sometimes HE had contact with Charlie the IT guy. As far as I know, he's the only one who called him that. But I suppose it's not really a stretch to call the IT guy the surveillance guy, or vice versa - especially if it's all set up digitally (as I would assume most systems are, these days).

I'm 99.99% positive there was discussion about the MA site on here years ago - but I seem to recall SS's name being attached to it somehow (registrant, contact, something), not Dubien's. Does anyone else remember that or am I dreaming that?

I was referring to Agnew the NAPA auto parts guy saying sometimes HE had contact with Charlie the IT guy. As far as I know, he's the only one who called him that. But I suppose it's not really a stretch to call the IT guy the surveillance guy, or vice versa - especially if it's all set up digitally (as I would assume most systems are, these days).

I'm 99.99% positive there was discussion about the MA site on here years ago - but I seem to recall SS's name being attached to it somehow (registrant, contact, something), not Dubien's. Does anyone else remember that or am I dreaming that?

SS's name was attached to DM's email account, not the website that I remember. Not surprising really when you consider DM had pretty much no online footprint other than a facebook with a few friends, the steam account and the DNA page. I don't think computers were his thing and he likely delegated all that stuff to his "employee(s)".

MOO

ETA: I think the "contact" NAPA had with "Charlie the IT guy" was that when Charlie was at the building he was likely in the office area working on the surveillance and he answered the phone.

Now that we know there was an IT guy who installed the surveillance system in the hangar, it makes more sense to me why DM didn't just destroy the PVR. How do you explain that to your IT guy? Now if you trust IT guy enough to ask him how to erase the PVR and he says it's complicated, just unhook it and I'll do it for you later...well that's another option I guess too right?

MOO

On my initial search a few years ago, Millard Holdings Ltd. and Millard Properties Inc. did not have any properties registered to them at the time of DM's arrest. However, they may have had assets such as vehicles, patents and equipment. Millardair Inc. is the legal name of the aircraft business- any aircraft they owned were kept in this company. According to the historical aircraft registry, it was Millardair Limited up until 2008. It also appears that at one time it was Millardair Ltd.
http://wwwapps.tc.gc.ca/Saf-Sec-Sur...n=|MILLARD|&tn=||&ln=||&fn=||&rfr2=RchHs.aspx
Millard Properties was the company that leased the land for the hangar.
http://www.therecord.com/sports-story/3244013-public-cash-supported-failed-hangar-plan/

The hangar (building asset) would still be listed in one of the companies, probably Millard Properties, but the property registration applies to the land which is owned by the local municipality.

ETA: the article states Millardair built the hangar for $6.4 million in 2011. That's a significant asset and I'm not clear if it was financed, although we have heard about a $3.7 million loan to buy new equipment. Can a building on leased land be used as collateral?

I believe you read that the judge asked if a Friday was open, if they could use Fridays as a court day. I remeber that being said but this Friday was not confirmed.

Too bad they were not in session today. I was wondering about the outcome of the deliberations and legal arguments Thursday afternoon.
Witness testimony this week inspired an exploration of such topics as Lying to the Police or the Court`...Perjury Laws & Penalties. Interesting reading !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle