1417 users online (289 members and 1128 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCityAccountant View Post
    I have a Toyota 4 Runner and you can roll down the window to the back door from the driver's seat.
    I bet you can't if the battery was disconnected ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by missy1974 View Post
    I bet you can't if the battery was disconnected ;-)
    It's not very hard to reconnect the battery cable. JMO

Quote Originally Posted by RANCH View Post
    It's not very hard to reconnect the battery cable. JMO
    Obviously. But no one testified to doing that, and Groffy never testified to even trying the automatic door lock first thing Sunday morning and discovering the battery disconnected. Stahlke "discovered" it.

Either way, I'm now convinced that they did have a key or had one made, which explains 05-205 8037 key copy for Toyota Rav in the evidence log IMO It does not explain why the other key, the one found in SA's bedroom, is not in the evidence list.

Quote Originally Posted by missy1974 View Post
    Obviously. But no one testified to doing that, and Groffy never testified to even trying the automatic door lock first thing Sunday morning and discovering the battery disconnected. Stahlke "discovered" it.

Either way, I'm now convinced that they did have a key or had one made, which explains 05-205 8037 key copy for Toyota Rav in the evidence log IMO It does not explain why the other key, the one found in SA's bedroom, is not in the evidence list.
    I don't trust that the LE testimony is totaly accurate or the total sum of what happened in this case. JMO

Ok, here is the photo. At least that is what I thought it was.

BigCityAccountant,
    You've got excellent eyesight! That looks like anything from a kleenx to a mess for me! Must be because my laptop is only 15.5" diagonally.

It was definitely found in his trailer. I saw it in a closeup of one the pictures. Didn't think much of it, just thought he was having safe sex with JS. It is either the night stand or desk. I'll try to find it again.
    Your thought about JS is interesting but JS had been incarcerated for DYI for a period of time. If SA left his safe sex disposal on his furniture for that period of time, TH's memorable remark "eww" would be more like "gaagg-pu-ke".

Quote Originally Posted by ZOOL View Post
    Your thought about JS is interesting but JS had been incarcerated for DYI for a period of time. If SA left his safe sex disposal on his furniture for that period of time, TH's memorable remark "eww" would be more like "gaagg-pu-ke".
    Oh, you are too funny...I didn't think it was used...eww

Oh, you are too funny...I didn't think it was used...eww
    The way they have it worded, who knows what condition it was in. Did Puritans write that description? It's 2005, folks. We can say the word "condom."

Unless it wasn't a condom and there's some other thing that I don't know of fitting that description, in which case, uh... just don't enlighten me, k?

In my recollection of the trial transcript I seem to recall someone mentioning that a signal-light kit was found in the RAV4. Thus was the reason why I began slowly searching line-by-line through the Evidence List which was made available by the Calumet Sheriff's Department pdf-file. I stumbled upon item 8368 and got side-tracked. Does anyone else remember a reference to a signal-light kit, or am I imagining it?

The reason I am curious is: If in fact the kit existed, it would help to explain a motivation for TH to have a creepy junkyard ghoul repair her broken light -- if he perhaps tried to barter the $40 Auto Trader fee.

Then once inside the garage, the ghoul....

In my recollection of the trial transcript I seem to recall someone mentioning that a signal-light kit was found in the RAV4. Thus was the reason why I began slowly searching line-by-line through the Evidence List which was made available by the Calumet Sheriff's Department pdf-file. I stumbled upon item 8368 and got side-tracked. Does anyone else remember a reference to a signal-light kit, or am I imagining it?

The reason I am curious is: If in fact the kit existed, it would help to explain a motivation for TH to have a creepy junkyard ghoul repair her broken light -- if he perhaps tried to barter the $40 Auto Trader fee.

Then once inside the garage, the ghoul....
    I'm not sure about whether/where it is listed in the evidence list, but there's a broken blinker that was holding up the seats in the cargo area.

http://www.stevenaverycase.org/wp-co...Cargo-Area.jpg

Corresponding with that, one of the front blinkers was missing.

http://www.stevenaverycase.org/wp-co...ht-Missing.jpg

I believe I found what I sought.

Day 10, Trial Transcripts, page 69, line 8
    Q. (Att. Buting) This shows a very little in there, in the -- basically shows an empty cargo area, with the exception of a crumpled piece of paper of some sort and what looks like a parking light lens assembly or something?

A. (Witness Ertl) That could be, yes.
    The Calumet pdf-file mentions only something called clear light lense (sic), item 7935. I searched with keywords: kit, light, parking, lens, and assembly. But only "lens" produced a result as I recall.

The fact that a possible "parking light lens assembly or something" existed in the cargo bay of the RAV4 when Ertl photographed the RAV4 from the outside looking in leads me to believe that the junkyard ghoul also saw that.

Quote Originally Posted by zerbert View Post
    I'm not sure about whether/where it is listed in the evidence list, but there's a broken blinker that was holding up the seats in the cargo area.

http://www.stevenaverycase.org/wp-co...Cargo-Area.jpg

Corresponding with that, one of the front blinkers was missing.

http://www.stevenaverycase.org/wp-co...ht-Missing.jpg
    Thanks, zerbert! Do you have any idea what those two items between the parking light assembly and the crumpled paper are? The darker, cylindrical one looks like a lipstick container and the other, longer thing looks as if it's some sort of thumb-dropper (if my choice of wording will suffice??)

ETA
    ah yes! Calumet lists the light as driver's side blinker, item 9577
    Last edited by ZOOL; 03-21-2016 at 03:57 PM.

Thanks, zerbert! Do you have any idea what those two items between the parking light assembly and the crumpled paper are? The darker, cylindrical one looks like a lipstick container and the other, longer thing looks as if it's some sort of thumb-dropper (if my choice of wording will suffice??)

ETA
    One is a pencil and another one is a camera card (SD Card) Not sure if that is what you are referring to.

ETA
    I'm not sure what the crumpled looking paper is. If you're talking about the very dark cylinder looking thing above the pencil, I think that's where the seats fasten to on the floor. You can sorta kinda see it on this walkaround here. https://youtu.be/j92xU4r_w10?t=3m56s And agreed, the square thing is a camera card, and I don't think the contents were ever made public, were they? Or even entered into evidence? *boggle*

Why not??
    Quote Originally Posted by RANCH View Post
    I don't trust that the LE testimony is totaly accurate or the total sum of what happened in this case. JMO

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast