OH - Rev. William Schooler, 70, shot to death in church, Dayton, 28 Feb 2016

Pastor William Schooler (70) of St. Peter's Missionary Baptist Church in Dayton, Ohio, was shot and killed during the service this morning.

According to witnesses, the shooter is the pastor's brother. He was taken into custody at the church.

Much more at link (keeps being updated): http://www.whio.com/news/news/crime-law/police-respond-to-reported-shooting-at-dayton-chur/nqZS8/

From your link JanetElaine:

[...]
The pastor of St. Peter’s Missionary Baptist Church, 3302 Nancy Ave., in Dayton was shot and killed today at the church, according to police at the scene.
•Witnesses tell us the shooting happened at the pulpit while the choir was singing
•The victim has been identified as William Schooler, 70, of Dayton
•The suspect has been identified as Daniel Schooler, 69, of Dayton
•Daniel was taken into custody at the church

UPDATE @ 4:23 p.m.
Police have confirmed the suspect in the incident is the Rev. William Schooler’s brother, 69-year-old Daniel Gregory Schooler.
Police said this was a domestic violence situation and there was no general threat to the public.
We are working to gather details about the suspect’s background.
[...]

This tragedy is beyond the pale. I can only imagine what transpired at the church, in front of the congregation. Our Pastor sings in our choir. DV is horrific in any scenario, but to bring it into a house of worship is a level of disrespect that defies all logic IMO.

My heart goes out to everyone affected.

#RIPPastorSchooler

:tears:

:rose:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pastor is shot and killed by his own brother during a church service | Daily Mail Online
The victim was a decorated Vietnam veteran who received the Bronze Star.
:(
8da90d54db2e792c473aa8d3b6becc4f.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3468383/Pastor-shot-killed-brother-church-service.html

Thanks Kimi. It looks like they were updating right as I was posting about this. It appears the page does not auto-refresh in that case so if anyone has it open for updates, make sure to hit refresh every once in a while.

What a tragedy. I wonder what set this off...

Since it's a DV situation, can we still post the suspect's social media? I found Daniel's, not that there's much on it, but it has a year old pic of him.

Since it's a DV situation, can we still post the suspect's social media? I found Daniel's, not that there's much on it, but it has a year old pic of him.

I believe so, but I've alerted your post to ask a Mod for clarification.

Yes, you can link to his SM.

Just looked for an update, only to see his court date changed to tomorrow, 1:45pm. No mention of why. Reason doesn't show on the jail or court website either (he's not even in the court search yet).

http://wdtn.com/2016/02/28/police-called-to-shooting-at-dayton-church/

Daniel Schooler was due in court Monday after a fatal shooting in a Dayton church Sunday.

Dayton Municipal Court officials say the 68-year-old has not been formally charged and instead, may be arraigned Tuesday.

It is so heartbreaking to know one brother can take the life of another beloved brother all for money and material possessions. Greed is the root of all evil and this shows it to be true.

I wonder if their parents recently passed away and maybe the younger brother was cutout of the Will for some reason.

Such a sad tragedy for all who loved this Pastor. He seems to have been a very wonderful caring human being.:(

This fits what we heard on the 911 call that was released earlier. No word on the Pastor's wife - the caller had mentioned her in the chaos. It sounded as though she may have been in the office at the time....

:(

If she was present, I hope she wasn't physically injured. I truly hope she did not witness this horrific incident. IMO the parallels to Cain and Abel are inescapable.

Needless to say, anyone who was in the Church on Sunday will never, ever be the same.

And for what? SMH...

It just breaks my heart all over again, because everything we are hearing about Pastor Schooler paints a picture of an incredible man.

What a profound loss, to a family, a congregation, and an entire community.

:rose:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unimog