760 users online (110 members and 650 guests)  



Websleuths News


Page 1 of 80 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 1200
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Who Dat Nation
    Posts
    29,913

    ID - DeOrr Kunz Jr, 2, Timber Creek Campground, 10 July 2015 - #23


    Deorr Kunz Jr.

    Missing two year old in Lemhi County

    Search crews are looking for a missing two year old boy who was camping with his family in the Leadore area.

    He was last seen wearing a camo jacket, blue sweatpants and camo cowboy boots.

    http://m.localnews8.com/news/Missing...ounty/34110688

    Sheriff names parents suspects in disappearance of Idaho toddler
    By Crimesider Staff CBS News January 25, 2016, 4:26 PM

    [...]

    "They are the top persons of interest," Bowerman told CBS affiliate KBOI. "Does that mean they're suspects? Yeah I think so."

    [...]

    "They know something, I just don't know what they know," he told the station. "It causes me alarm. I believe they know where he is absolutely."

    Sheriff: Parents named as suspects in DeOrr Kunz Jr. case
    By David Ashby dashby@journalnet.com Jan 25, 2016

    [...]

    “We’ve interviewed them multiple times, and every time there are changes to parts of their story,” Bowerman said. “The little things all change every time we speak with them.”

    [...]

    "We re-interviewed them, but they weren’t willing to tell us the truth,” Bowerman said.
    The last interview with the parents was conducted this past weekend.

    Out of the four suspects interviewed, Bowerman said Reinwand’s story has been the most consistent. However, all four are still considered persons of interest in the case, the sheriff said.

    "They were at the scene, so we won’t rule them out,” Bowerman said. “But in terms of persons of interest, I think mom and dad are higher on the list.”
    NamUs MP 29726

    Case Map


    ID - Deorr Kunz Jr, 2 yr old -- Media,Timelines and Maps **NO DISCUSSION"

    Thread #1
    Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16 Thread #17 Thread #18 Thread #19 Thread #20
    Thread #21 Thread #22
    Last edited by bessie; 02-29-2016 at 10:50 PM.
    __________________________________
    Muddy water in the street
    ; Muddy water 'round my feet... as sung by the inimitable Bessie Smith, "Muddy Water (A Mississippi Moan)"

    WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK



  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    St. Louis, Mo.
    Posts
    897
    23rd thread ... sigh.

    I hope DeOrr, wherever he is, feels all the love that has been sent to him over the last seven months.
    ďThe way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but vice versa: The bad things donít always spoil the good things and make them unimportant.Ē ~ The Doctor

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Yorkshire
    Posts
    4,735
    It worries me that in SB's last statement he said it could be years before this gets resolved. He's made it clear "he knows the parents know" where DeOrr is, so I guess he's just waiting for someone to break.

    Where do we go from here? Are we waiting on any info to come back from anywhere like the FBI, cell phones, labs? I imagine the police have covered everything we have and a whole lot more, yet they don't seem confident it'll be solved any time soon. So disheartening

    http://www.idahostatejournal.com/mem...b359a5683.html
    Last edited by CoverMeCagney; 02-29-2016 at 10:32 AM. Reason: added link

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    465
    I think they are waiting for spring to continue searches. I wonder if they have a more specific idea of where to look by now & are just waiting on charges to make sure the information they have holds up against any evidence? There are still a few feet of snow & the ground is still hard as a rock.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by CoverMeCagney View Post
    It worries me that in SB's last statement he said it could be years before this gets resolved.
    It certainly could take years until this is resolved, considering the length of time between arrest and trial. Arrest can't get here soon enough but I think they are waiting either for a body or darn good circumstantial evidence that won't let these two off the hook. I awake every day thinking "today is gonna be the day."

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    1,109
    Honestly, I don't think they need a body to press murder charges. All their lying and changing their stories is pretty damning in and of itself. A jury will see through that, and there is no other explanation to explain his disappearance. He's not an adult so he didn't just run off and start a new life in Mexico. There is probably a lot of other behavioral type evidence (like their FB activities, setting up funding accounts so quickly, NOT searching for their son in the creek and reservoir while waiting for S & R, not taking advantage of all the help offered to them, not changing his eye color in the missing children database, refusing the reward money, two PIs who think they did it, the list goes on, and these are only things that I'm aware of - I'm sure LE has a lot more info, such as their cell phone data, internet histories, the 911 calls, evidence from their vehicles and house, the highway webcams, and who knows what else). I agree that a body would be helpful, but in my opinion, if it's obvious the parents disappeared their child, I think a jury will agree that the parents hid the body and that's why he can't be found. What defense can the parents have to explain their lack of involvement in trying to find their son? The only reason a parent would be that unconcerned is if he/she knows the child is deceased. I do think that searching will continue when it warms up in hopes of finding DeOrr, but whether he is found or not, I feel arrests and/or a grand jury indictment will follow. Maybe I'm being too optimistic, but I don't think so! :-) MOO.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    465
    If this case goes cold I will be so heartbroken. I'm glad I don't live in Ammon/IF, I couldn't stomach running into these people again.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by desert-blue View Post
    Honestly, I don't think they need a body to press murder charges. All their lying and changing their stories is pretty damning in and of itself. A jury will see through that, and there is no other explanation to explain his disappearance. He's not an adult so he didn't just run off and start a new life in Mexico. There is probably a lot of other behavioral type evidence (like their FB activities, setting up funding accounts so quickly, NOT searching for their son in the creek and reservoir while waiting for S & R, not taking advantage of all the help offered to them, not changing his eye color in the missing children database, refusing the reward money, two PIs who think they did it, the list goes on, and these are only things that I'm aware of - I'm sure LE has a lot more info, such as their cell phone data, internet histories, the 911 calls, evidence from their vehicles and house, the highway webcams, and who knows what else). I agree that a body would be helpful, but in my opinion, if it's obvious the parents disappeared their child, I think a jury will agree that the parents hid the body and that's why he can't be found. What defense can the parents have to explain their lack of involvement in trying to find their son? The only reason a parent would be that unconcerned is if he/she knows the child is deceased. I do think that searching will continue when it warms up in hopes of finding DeOrr, but whether he is found or not, I feel arrests and/or a grand jury indictment will follow. Maybe I'm being too optimistic, but I don't think so! :-) MOO.
    But then I think of Caylee Anthony. A body. A mother that was a habitual liar and partied the entire time the baby was "missing." Not guilty.

    Then there's JBR. A body. All evidence points to the family in my opinion. GJ voted to indict parents but DA didn't agree.

    It's a sit-back-and-wait, unfortunately.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    230
    Quote Originally Posted by desert-blue View Post
    Honestly, I don't think they need a body to press murder charges. All their lying and changing their stories is pretty damning in and of itself. A jury will see through that, and there is no other explanation to explain his disappearance. He's not an adult so he didn't just run off and start a new life in Mexico. There is probably a lot of other behavioral type evidence (like their FB activities, setting up funding accounts so quickly, NOT searching for their son in the creek and reservoir while waiting for S & R, not taking advantage of all the help offered to them, not changing his eye color in the missing children database, refusing the reward money, two PIs who think they did it, the list goes on, and these are only things that I'm aware of - I'm sure LE has a lot more info, such as their cell phone data, internet histories, the 911 calls, evidence from their vehicles and house, the highway webcams, and who knows what else). I agree that a body would be helpful, but in my opinion, if it's obvious the parents disappeared their child, I think a jury will agree that the parents hid the body and that's why he can't be found. What defense can the parents have to explain their lack of involvement in trying to find their son? The only reason a parent would be that unconcerned is if he/she knows the child is deceased. I do think that searching will continue when it warms up in hopes of finding DeOrr, but whether he is found or not, I feel arrests and/or a grand jury indictment will follow. Maybe I'm being too optimistic, but I don't think so! :-) MOO.
    I have to respectfully disagree with this statement. I feel LE will not be able to go forward with a prosecutable case without knowing what happened to DeOrr. While it seems we "know" what happened, we don't. All we have is a lot of speculation and assumptions.

    I feel they could go forward without a body, but...prosecutors in Lemhi County will need at least one of the four to come forward to say what happened.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    92
    Quote Originally Posted by desert-blue View Post
    Honestly, I don't think they need a body to press murder charges. All their lying and changing their stories is pretty damning in and of itself. A jury will see through that, and there is no other explanation to explain his disappearance. He's not an adult so he didn't just run off and start a new life in Mexico. There is probably a lot of other behavioral type evidence (like their FB activities, setting up funding accounts so quickly, NOT searching for their son in the creek and reservoir while waiting for S & R, not taking advantage of all the help offered to them, not changing his eye color in the missing children database, refusing the reward money, two PIs who think they did it, the list goes on, and these are only things that I'm aware of - I'm sure LE has a lot more info, such as their cell phone data, internet histories, the 911 calls, evidence from their vehicles and house, the highway webcams, and who knows what else). I agree that a body would be helpful, but in my opinion, if it's obvious the parents disappeared their child, I think a jury will agree that the parents hid the body and that's why he can't be found. What defense can the parents have to explain their lack of involvement in trying to find their son? The only reason a parent would be that unconcerned is if he/she knows the child is deceased. I do think that searching will continue when it warms up in hopes of finding DeOrr, but whether he is found or not, I feel arrests and/or a grand jury indictment will follow. Maybe I'm being too optimistic, but I don't think so! :-) MOO.
    http://legacy.ktvb.com/story/news/lo...iver/29485641/

    The cynic in me has always wondered if they read of Coen's death a few days before and decided to skip the part where they do their best to save their child and go right to the go fund me part.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    2,579
    Quote Originally Posted by desert-blue View Post
    Honestly, I don't think they need a body to press murder charges. All their lying and changing their stories is pretty damning in and of itself. A jury will see through that, and there is no other explanation to explain his disappearance. He's not an adult so he didn't just run off and start a new life in Mexico. There is probably a lot of other behavioral type evidence (like their FB activities, setting up funding accounts so quickly, NOT searching for their son in the creek and reservoir while waiting for S & R, not taking advantage of all the help offered to them, not changing his eye color in the missing children database, refusing the reward money, two PIs who think they did it, the list goes on, and these are only things that I'm aware of - I'm sure LE has a lot more info, such as their cell phone data, internet histories, the 911 calls, evidence from their vehicles and house, the highway webcams, and who knows what else). I agree that a body would be helpful, but in my opinion, if it's obvious the parents disappeared their child, I think a jury will agree that the parents hid the body and that's why he can't be found. What defense can the parents have to explain their lack of involvement in trying to find their son? The only reason a parent would be that unconcerned is if he/she knows the child is deceased. I do think that searching will continue when it warms up in hopes of finding DeOrr, but whether he is found or not, I feel arrests and/or a grand jury indictment will follow. Maybe I'm being too optimistic, but I don't think so! :-) MOO.
    I hope you are right and I agree that LE has so much more. It's the "beyond a reasonable doubt" part as it pertains to exact charges that could get sticky without remains. The prosecution might be able to prove they falsified a police report, lied to FBI, and profited from the cover up, but do they have enough evidence to convict for a certain kind of death? I don't know enough about how that works. I hope something promising comes back from Quantico or that one of the parents breaks--but I doubt they will as long as they have people in the corner staunchly defending their innocence.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    2,579
    Quote Originally Posted by sassyblue View Post
    http://legacy.ktvb.com/story/news/lo...iver/29485641/

    The cynic in me has always wondered if they read of Coen's death a few days before and decided to skip the part where they do their best to save their child and go right to the go fund me part.
    I thought about that too.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Yorkshire
    Posts
    4,735
    Quote Originally Posted by Beezneez View Post
    If this case goes cold I will be so heartbroken. I'm glad I don't live in Ammon/IF, I couldn't stomach running into these people again.
    I didn't know you'd run into them, what's the story?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Yorkshire
    Posts
    4,735
    Quote Originally Posted by sassyblue View Post
    http://legacy.ktvb.com/story/news/lo...iver/29485641/

    The cynic in me has always wondered if they read of Coen's death a few days before and decided to skip the part where they do their best to save their child and go right to the go fund me part.
    Urgh, hope you're wrong. I wouldn't have believed a parent would do that for cash, until the Shannon Matthews case near me in the UK (she was kidnapped and hidden away chained up in a plan cooked up by her mother, in the hope that when "found" the family could get the reward - nasty)

    UK CASES INDEX, PLEASE ADD ANY NEW CASES HERE:
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...cussion*/page7

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    465
    I've seen her a couple times. Once at Walmart. I didn't say anything to her or anything, it was before they were formal suspects. It was really a non-event. I live about an hour away from them & luckily have very little likelihood of bumping into her again. My disgust would be difficult to conceal these days. I am just really ruminating on the acquaintances & people they see day to day, I hear (not SM, from mutual family acquaintances) that they are being pretty heavily shunned. Not that they were highly thought of to begin with, but less so now. There aren't a lot of people in Idaho, everyone knows someone who knows someone. Im not about to start asking specific questions about them, but if they come up I'm all ears. *and I would be reporting anything to LE, if I didn't think they already knew.
    Last edited by Beezneez; 02-29-2016 at 01:27 PM. Reason: *

Page 1 of 80 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 907
    Last Post: 02-09-2016, 07:18 PM
  2. Replies: 975
    Last Post: 01-31-2016, 02:23 AM
  3. Replies: 983
    Last Post: 08-14-2015, 06:49 PM

Tags for this Thread