Status
Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
Deorr-Kunz-Jr-jpg.jpg

Deorr Kunz Jr.

Missing two year old in Lemhi County

Search crews are looking for a missing two year old boy who was camping with his family in the Leadore area.

He was last seen wearing a camo jacket, blue sweatpants and camo cowboy boots.

http://m.localnews8.com/news/Missing-two-year-old-in-Lemhi-County/34110688

Sheriff names parents suspects in disappearance of Idaho toddler
By Crimesider Staff CBS News January 25, 2016, 4:26 PM

[...]

"They are the top persons of interest," Bowerman told CBS affiliate KBOI. "Does that mean they're suspects? Yeah I think so."

[...]

"They know something, I just don't know what they know," he told the station. "It causes me alarm. I believe they know where he is absolutely."

Sheriff: Parents named as suspects in DeOrr Kunz Jr. case
By David Ashby dashby@journalnet.com Jan 25, 2016

[...]

“We’ve interviewed them multiple times, and every time there are changes to parts of their story,” Bowerman said. “The little things all change every time we speak with them.”

[...]

"We re-interviewed them, but they weren’t willing to tell us the truth,” Bowerman said.
The last interview with the parents was conducted this past weekend.

Out of the four suspects interviewed, Bowerman said Reinwand’s story has been the most consistent. However, all four are still considered persons of interest in the case, the sheriff said.

"They were at the scene, so we won’t rule them out,” Bowerman said. “But in terms of persons of interest, I think mom and dad are higher on the list.”
NamUs MP 29726

Case Map

ID - Deorr Kunz Jr, 2 yr old -- Media,Timelines and Maps **NO DISCUSSION"

Thread #1
Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16 Thread #17 Thread #18 Thread #19 Thread #20
Thread #21 Thread #22

23rd thread ... sigh.

I hope DeOrr, wherever he is, feels all the love that has been sent to him over the last seven months. :heartbeat:

It worries me that in SB's last statement he said it could be years before this gets resolved. He's made it clear "he knows the parents know" where DeOrr is, so I guess he's just waiting for someone to break.

Where do we go from here? Are we waiting on any info to come back from anywhere like the FBI, cell phones, labs? I imagine the police have covered everything we have and a whole lot more, yet they don't seem confident it'll be solved any time soon. So disheartening :(

http://www.idahostatejournal.com/me...cle_b4d359f2-0b13-55d2-9aec-178b359a5683.html

I think they are waiting for spring to continue searches. I wonder if they have a more specific idea of where to look by now & are just waiting on charges to make sure the information they have holds up against any evidence? There are still a few feet of snow & the ground is still hard as a rock.

It worries me that in SB's last statement he said it could be years before this gets resolved.

It certainly could take years until this is resolved, considering the length of time between arrest and trial. Arrest can't get here soon enough but I think they are waiting either for a body or darn good circumstantial evidence that won't let these two off the hook. I awake every day thinking "today is gonna be the day."

Honestly, I don't think they need a body to press murder charges. All their lying and changing their stories is pretty damning in and of itself. A jury will see through that, and there is no other explanation to explain his disappearance. He's not an adult so he didn't just run off and start a new life in Mexico. There is probably a lot of other behavioral type evidence (like their FB activities, setting up funding accounts so quickly, NOT searching for their son in the creek and reservoir while waiting for S & R, not taking advantage of all the help offered to them, not changing his eye color in the missing children database, refusing the reward money, two PIs who think they did it, the list goes on, and these are only things that I'm aware of - I'm sure LE has a lot more info, such as their cell phone data, internet histories, the 911 calls, evidence from their vehicles and house, the highway webcams, and who knows what else). I agree that a body would be helpful, but in my opinion, if it's obvious the parents disappeared their child, I think a jury will agree that the parents hid the body and that's why he can't be found. What defense can the parents have to explain their lack of involvement in trying to find their son? The only reason a parent would be that unconcerned is if he/she knows the child is deceased. I do think that searching will continue when it warms up in hopes of finding DeOrr, but whether he is found or not, I feel arrests and/or a grand jury indictment will follow. Maybe I'm being too optimistic, but I don't think so! :) MOO.

If this case goes cold I will be so heartbroken. I'm glad I don't live in Ammon/IF, I couldn't stomach running into these people again.

Honestly, I don't think they need a body to press murder charges. All their lying and changing their stories is pretty damning in and of itself. A jury will see through that, and there is no other explanation to explain his disappearance. He's not an adult so he didn't just run off and start a new life in Mexico. There is probably a lot of other behavioral type evidence (like their FB activities, setting up funding accounts so quickly, NOT searching for their son in the creek and reservoir while waiting for S & R, not taking advantage of all the help offered to them, not changing his eye color in the missing children database, refusing the reward money, two PIs who think they did it, the list goes on, and these are only things that I'm aware of - I'm sure LE has a lot more info, such as their cell phone data, internet histories, the 911 calls, evidence from their vehicles and house, the highway webcams, and who knows what else). I agree that a body would be helpful, but in my opinion, if it's obvious the parents disappeared their child, I think a jury will agree that the parents hid the body and that's why he can't be found. What defense can the parents have to explain their lack of involvement in trying to find their son? The only reason a parent would be that unconcerned is if he/she knows the child is deceased. I do think that searching will continue when it warms up in hopes of finding DeOrr, but whether he is found or not, I feel arrests and/or a grand jury indictment will follow. Maybe I'm being too optimistic, but I don't think so! :) MOO.

But then I think of Caylee Anthony. A body. A mother that was a habitual liar and partied the entire time the baby was "missing." Not guilty.

Then there's JBR. A body. All evidence points to the family in my opinion. GJ voted to indict parents but DA didn't agree.

It's a sit-back-and-wait, unfortunately.

I have to respectfully disagree with this statement. I feel LE will not be able to go forward with a prosecutable case without knowing what happened to DeOrr. While it seems we "know" what happened, we don't. All we have is a lot of speculation and assumptions.

I feel they could go forward without a body, but...prosecutors in Lemhi County will need at least one of the four to come forward to say what happened.

http://legacy.ktvb.com/story/news/l...ing-swept-underwater-on-boise-river/29485641/

The cynic in me has always wondered if they read of Coen's death a few days before and decided to skip the part where they do their best to save their child and go right to the go fund me part.

I hope you are right and I agree that LE has so much more. It's the "beyond a reasonable doubt" part as it pertains to exact charges that could get sticky without remains. The prosecution might be able to prove they falsified a police report, lied to FBI, and profited from the cover up, but do they have enough evidence to convict for a certain kind of death? I don't know enough about how that works. I hope something promising comes back from Quantico or that one of the parents breaks--but I doubt they will as long as they have people in the corner staunchly defending their innocence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If this case goes cold I will be so heartbroken. I'm glad I don't live in Ammon/IF, I couldn't stomach running into these people again.

I didn't know you'd run into them, what's the story?

http://legacy.ktvb.com/story/news/l...ing-swept-underwater-on-boise-river/29485641/

The cynic in me has always wondered if they read of Coen's death a few days before and decided to skip the part where they do their best to save their child and go right to the go fund me part.

Urgh, hope you're wrong. I wouldn't have believed a parent would do that for cash, until the Shannon Matthews case near me in the UK (she was kidnapped and hidden away chained up in a plan cooked up by her mother, in the hope that when "found" the family could get the reward - nasty)

I've seen her a couple times. Once at Walmart. I didn't say anything to her or anything, it was before they were formal suspects. It was really a non-event. I live about an hour away from them & luckily have very little likelihood of bumping into her again. My disgust would be difficult to conceal these days. I am just really ruminating on the acquaintances & people they see day to day, I hear (not SM, from mutual family acquaintances) that they are being pretty heavily shunned. Not that they were highly thought of to begin with, but less so now. There aren't a lot of people in Idaho, everyone knows someone who knows someone. Im not about to start asking specific questions about them, but if they come up I'm all ears. *and I would be reporting anything to LE, if I didn't think they already knew.

I am just really ruminating on the acquaintances & people they see day to day, I hear (not SM, from mutual family acquaintances) that they are being pretty heavily shunned. Not that they were highly thought of to begin with, but less so now.

Snipped by me-

Eeesh, imagine how they will feel in prison... [emoji15]

I have to respectfully disagree with this statement. I feel LE will not be able to go forward with a prosecutable case without knowing what happened to DeOrr. While it seems we "know" what happened, we don't. All we have is a lot of speculation and assumptions.

I feel they could go forward without a body, but...prosecutors in Lemhi County will need at least one of the four to come forward to say what happened.
SABBM

Marking my spot.
It's possible that cod will be difficult if not impossible to determine if his remains are found when it warms up. :(
Maybe that's what SOMEONE is hoping for ? Ugh.

And yes, agree wholeheartedly about the need for anyone who was there , out of the initial group of four, to speak up.
My .02 is that will break this case open. Hoping the wait won't be much longer.
:moo:

I think SB plays his cards very close to his vest, and that he has a lot of evidence that we don't know about. Also, with the FBI involved, he has their resources to draw upon.

So I think that LE is simply making sure their ducks are in a row. I'm betting the DA's office has already researched or is currently researching murder trials where there was no body, and they'll make a decision at the appropriate time as to whether to proceed with charges even if little DeOrr is never found.

They know what evidence they have and they know what kind of evidence they still need. We here at WS have no idea what evidence they have, so we can't even make educated guesses about whether they have enough to convict without a body.

I hope DeOrr is found so that he can be laid to rest properly, and I hope that LE can obtain enough evidence to proceed with charges.

I have a feeling (and a great hope!) that someone will talk soon and it may be surprising where the information comes from.

With the parents being named as suspects I am hoping that a family member - perhaps a grandparent will get to the bottom of this - for any reason but especially the great reason that they loved little DeOrr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer