761 users online (96 members and 665 guests)  

Websleuths News

IL - Amanda Cookson, 22, Chicago, 23 January 2016

Amanda Cookson is 22-years-old, with blonde hair and brown eyes.

She weighs 235 pounds and about 5 foot, 5 inches tall.

She was last seen on January 23, 2016 at the 7500 block of North Rogers Ave.

Cookson suffers from a diminished mental capacity, and has depression and is bipolar.
    http://wgntv.com/2016/02/27/police-s...ear-old-woman/

los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
    Unfortunately, not her first time missing...

https://www.facebook.com/abc7chicago...type=3&theater
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...227-story.html
    Amanda Cookson is 5-foot-5 and weighs 235 pounds, with blonde hair and brown eyes, suffers from bipolar disorder and depression, according to police..

In none of the photos she has blonde hair. Has she dyed it blonde right now?

Quote Originally Posted by Elainera View Post
    In none of the photos she has blonde hair. Has she dyed it blonde right now?
    I've no idea, copied and pasted from the news..

Looking at those photos, both the red and the black look like coloring to me. Blonde might be her natural color.
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)

This is my half sister. The first time she ran away after the death of our father. I do believe she ran away again. Do you know if there have been any updates? I've been unable to contact her.

Any updates?

Quote Originally Posted by Bldurbi View Post
    This is my half sister. The first time she ran away after the death of our father. I do believe she ran away again. Do you know if there have been any updates? I've been unable to contact her.
    Hi and welcome to Websleuths. I'm sorry your sister is missing.

No, we haven't had any updates. Is there anything more you can tell us about when she disappeared this time?

I think I found her FB page but am not going to post it because I am not 100% sure. It was easy to find, just type in her name with Illinois after it. If it is her, she post in May.
    I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    - Audrey Hepburn

Yes, I've seen the posts on her facebook from May. The account was abandon though. She typically will make accounts (she has several) and then stop using them so when I do reach out she never gets or sees my messages. :/ I've tried reaching out to her "friends" on facebook but none of them know her in real life. I'm sure she's fine, probably staying with someone I'm assuming by her photo. I mean, she has acess to internet and a camera...so I'm guessing she's with a friend or she's been found.

This is her most recent facebook. https://www.facebook.com/profile.php...1413&ref=br_rs
    Tried contacting her but no reply and she hasn't updated since her profile pics.
    Last edited by Bldurbi; 06-07-2016 at 10:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by carbuff View Post
    Hi and welcome to Websleuths. I'm sorry your sister is missing.

No, we haven't had any updates. Is there anything more you can tell us about when she disappeared this time?
    I do know that she's alive and still in Chicago. She's made a facebook and posted profile pics around May 25th but has since abandon the account (something she does a lot). She looks to be fine and is probably staying with someone she knows. She has access to shelter, a camera, and internet for sure otherwise she wouldn't be able to post. I'm not sure what would inspire her to run away this time. I'm guessing depression?

Quote Originally Posted by carbuff View Post
    Looking at those photos, both the red and the black look like coloring to me. Blonde might be her natural color.
    Her natural hair color is a dirty blonde. You can see here on her old facebok profile: https://www.facebook.com/amanda.cookson3?ref=br_rs
    I believe her current hair is a brown color that can be seen on her post from May 25th: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100012257501413

Case Closed: I called the police department and told them my situation with trying to find her and asked them to look up her case number. She returned home in late March. Thanks!

Woohoo! Glad she's home safe!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk