18 y.o Mom Caught On Video allegedly high on drugs while her baby cries -Now Arrested

LillyP

Reaction score
The mother who is accused of being high on drugs in a Facebook video gone viral has been arrested by authorities.

Lauren Brooke Englett, 18, was taken into custody Monday morning on charges of reckless endangerment and domestic violence filed by the Mobile County Sheriff’s Office.

In the video, Englett is seen acting erratically with her two-year-old child on the porch of a home. It is alleged that Englett is high on synthetic drugs in the video in the presence her child.

The 25-year-old seen in the video, Jamie Jemison, is currently being sought for his arrest. The same goes for the woman holding the camera, 19-year-old Rachel Rikard

read more and view the video at:
http://wkrg.com/2016/02/29/mother-allegedly-high-on-drugs-in-viral-video-arrested/

What a disturbing video this is.

How sad for the baby. I hope he ends up in a far better environment away from his mom.

update:

Rachel Rikard, 19, has been arrested for her participation in the viral video. Rikard was the woman behind the camera who filmed the incident
http://wkrg.com/2016/02/29/mother-allegedly-high-on-drugs-in-viral-video-arrested/

I don't know how I feel about this. I do think it was wrong of the person taking the video to not immediately report this minutes later by calling the police... but at the same time I really don't feel she should be charged with one of the same charges that the child's mom is charged with. If it wasn't for Rachel getting video evidence, who knows if that little boy would even still be alive right now. Poor little guy could have tumbled down the porch steps shown and bumped his head hard and not have survived. If this video was not presented, the little boy would still be in the "care" of his mom living with her and who knows what would have happened to him. So I feel very conflicted. The male shown in the video is still wanted for his arrest.

This is one of the most horrendous videos I've ever watched. I don't shock easily but this shocks me. That mom almost looked like she was having a seizure. I just can't get past how young people get into these new drugs but maybe if this mom watches the video and sees for herself what happens to your body she won't ever take them again. Of course I don't believe that will happen but I can hope.

JMO

Sorry, I guess I was behind when I left that comment yesterday about the male still being wanted.
He turned himself in on Tuesday evening.

http://wkrg.com/2016/03/01/man-seen-in-drug-mom-viral-video-tells-news-5-hes-turning-himself-in/

The mom bailed out of jail... but the good news is she is back in jail again already for probation violation and that's really good because she can not bail out now. She has to remain in jail until her next probation hearing :D
I wonder how much money was wasted on her bail just for her to be back in jail the next day.

Hopefully this will give her some time to think things through about how she needs to get herself together and sooner rather than later.

and to add:
I see the male shows no remorse. He doesn't seem to think he did anything wrong. He is claiming that he was the one trying to help the baby by giving him the bottle and he says the news is trying to make him out to look like a bad guy. :facepalm:
No Jaime - it's not the news that's making you look like a bad guy. You did that yourself in the video.

I don't even understand why anyone would want to take something that makes you act that way. Seriously scary. I hope the little boy ends up with people who love and care for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know I don't get it either. As sweetgrits said above, it looked like she was having a seizure.

But really who knows what kind of drugs they were on. The mom admitted to being on a synthetic spice, but she could have been on anything. There is no way to prove what she was on now since the video was taken months ago. She may just think it sounds better to say she was on spice versus saying she was on heroin or something else.

In any case - I think this video needs to be shown at schools to show kids how they might act when doing these drugs. Don't do drugs. Or, if you are going to do drugs anyways, at least have a little bit of decency and don't ever do them around children.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbi708
Back