690 users online (110 members and 580 guests)  

Websleuths News

Born Without Legs, Football Player Still Scores

Being born without legs couldn't stop a Dayton high school football player from fulfilling his dream of joining his school's team.

His story of courage has become a national inspiration and this weekend it was on full display during a game at Cincinnati's Stargel Stadium.

"I was born without legs, wasn't no birth defect," said Bobby Martin, a Colonel White High School tackle. "I just came out like this, God wanted me like this so here I am."

"Bobby wants to be a football player, he is a football player," said George Kontsis, coach for Hughes Center. "He has not let anything stand in his way."

On his own sideline he's just one of the guys -- which is exactly what he wants.

"He's just a regular kid," said Earl White, Colonel White High School coach.

Running on his hands, he's nearly as quick as anyone else on the team.

Although he's a senior this year, Martin hopes his playing days aren't over.

He's hopeful he can play in college.

Several pictures of this incrediable kid at the link. I saw a video of him making a tackle, he is formidable.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

The Other End
    What a great story... I hope he makes it to the big leagues...

This post is my opinion only, and is subject to making me look totally confused