GUILTY FL - Joni Gunter, 30, found dismembered, Jacksonville, 11 Feb 2016 *Arrest*

Ray_of_hope

Verified registered nurse
Reaction score
"JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Police are seeking the public's help as they work to identify a woman pictured in a photo released Tuesday.

The Jacksonville Sheriff's Office did not disclose exactly why they're looking to identify the woman, whose picture has been posted to the Sheriff's Office Facebook page.

The woman appears to be in her early to mid 20s,..."

<defunct link>

Jacksonville Sheriff's Office

Last edited by a moderator:
I know they are having trouble ID'ng a body from a 'horror house' and I believe it was female. They searched the property with backhoes, etc and were unable to find any other remains. A neighbor reported seeing a woman chained to a chain link fence. This is purely speculative that this picture is related to that case, but I don't believe they've been able to ID her yet.

"Other neighbors said they have had years of problems with Tillis and described the home as an “evil house.”

They told police he was a drug addict who threw objects at them and exposed himself again and again.

One woman said she heard screams and cries coming from the property, and even once saw a woman chained to the fence. Neighbors said they've called police several times and hope that this time Tillis will be put away for good."

http://www.news4jax.com/news/local/jacksonville/body-pulled-from-jailed-mans-property
http://www.news4jax.com/news/local/jacksonville/police-searching-southside-home-of-jailed-man

"Jacksonville police are still working to identify the remains found in the yard of Tillis' home on Bowden Circle East on February 10, 2016. Investigators said it's the body of a white female who have been in her teens to age 30. They said she would have had shoulder length brown hair when she died. (sounds like pic description).

Many faces of Russell Tillis
Russell Tillis, now 54, has been arrested at least seven times by the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office in the last decade.

Those were the only remains found at the property after police searched a week. News4Jax crime and safety analyst Gil Smith said investigators are certain there are no more remains in the yard."

<defunct link>

Jax police have now announced that polaroid may be that of woman's remains found buried in Tillis' yard. "A faded Polaroid photo of a woman was released by the Sheriff's Office in connection with the Tillis investigation, but police would not say that the woman in the photo was the one whose remains were found in Tillis' yard. Neither the identity of the victim nor the identity of the woman in the photo are known, police said."

http://www.news4jax.com/news/house-...gn=Breaking News Alert&utm_term=wjxt_breaking

She looks like a teen to me. Is there someone next to her on the floor, or are my eyes playing tricks on me?

Found Florida Missing Endangered Persons Search Cheyenne Cannon who is not in Namus.

I'm still looking around for girls that look similar to her who went missing in the past three years. I think she had blonde hair earlier, based on the color of her pony tail.

I found Brianna Tononi, ( <defunct link> ) But I think I found her alive in Orlando, so I submitted that info to Carrie @ Namus.

Unidentified or missing?

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

We don't know. That's why I'm looking through missing persons cases.

So, Sommer Downda<defunct link>

<defunct link> Jade Chambers

She kind of looks like the "no go, no eat, no drink, murder.' Jane doe. Not saying that it is, but I just thought I would mention it since they aren't for sure if it is a picture of this jane doe. The other jane doe I believe wasn't a murder and it was a suicide, but hey whats the harm in mentioning it

Where does it say the girl has been missing 3 years? Just asking because the Polaroid looks old, and I didn't see it.

She looks like a teen to me. Is there someone next to her on the floor, or are my eyes playing tricks on me?

To me, it appears to be a dark blonde/light brown haired toddler to the right of her (on the left side of the pic).

I though Jade looked very close. I'm unsure whether or not the following few look as similar:<defunct link> Colleen Perris

It's hard to say. It looks like the poor girl has been starved.

Also, can we pin point when Tillis was in prison, and when he was out? Or where he travelled to? Apparently his criminal history goes back to the early 1980's. Also, Polaroid doesn't really say recent to me. It seems more like an 80's/ mid to late 90's thing. And her hair/shirt strikes me as a mid 90's thing.

I'm wondering if they are going to give a possible post mortem interval for her, or any more stats on the body they found. It will make looking much easier.

I agree that the Polaroid looks very much like Jade from Tennessee. She was reported missing with a man who is now deceased. Trying to get more info on him.

This pic is really old. 1990s or thereabouts. Maybe very early '00s. Polaroid film went kaput in 2006? or so. They can find out when this particular box of film was manufactured, if it's still legible.

That's a '90s Busch beer can she's holding in her right hand. I remember drinking that swill with the same design. Busch went retro in late 2000s, or early 2010s. The red thing behind her is an '80s Pepsi vending machine. The chair she's sitting is a common beach chair from the '80s. In the background I see machinery. Tractor? I also see a kid by the chair. I'm guessing this was taken in someone's backyard.

Found Florida Missing Endangered Persons Search Cheyenne Cannon who is not in Namus.

I'm still looking around for girls that look similar to her who went missing in the past three years. I think she had blonde hair earlier, based on the color of her pony tail.

I found Brianna Tononi, (<defunct link> ) But I think I found her alive in Orlando, so I submitted that info to Carrie @ Namus.

Not Cheyanne - she's still alive and well, clearly no longer missing.

This pic is really old. 1990s or thereabouts. Maybe very early '00s. Polaroid film went kaput in 2006? or so. They can find out when this particular box of film was manufactured, if it's still legible.

That's a '90s Busch beer can she's holding in her right hand. I remember drinking that swill with the same design. Busch went retro in late 2000s, or early 2010s. The red thing behind her is an '80s Pepsi vending machine. The chair she's sitting is a common beach chair from the '80s. In the background I see machinery. Tractor? I also see a kid by the chair. I'm guessing this was taken in someone's backyard.

Great info, Nikon. Is that a picture of a tiger's face on her shirt? It's so blurry to me. I also see a sneaker in the pic. Maybe the sneaker brand and design can be traced to reveal year taken. I was wondering if this was at a hotel because of the chair and vending machine. I can't even see a design on whatever she's holding. It's such a blur to me.

The size of the sneaker may also be extrapolated from the size of other objects/person in the photo if it was the woman's. I wish the photo image was sharper.

I can't find Chyenne as still being on social media. Only an old account.

I agree with this. I don't think this is a recent photo. Has it been established that the woman in the photo is the same woman whose remains they found? If not, my guess is that they either found the Polaroid in Tillus's home and are trying to make sure the woman is still alive (as with Alcala's photos), OR they possibly found it with the remains and are using it to try to identify them (like this could be a photo of the victim's mother or something).

I agree with this. I don't think this is a recent photo. Has it been established that the woman in the photo is the same woman whose remains they found? If not, my guess is that they either found the Polaroid in Tillus's home and are trying to make sure the woman is still alive (as with Alcala's photos), OR they possibly found it with the remains and are using it to try to identify them (like this could be a photo of the victim's mother or something).

That's exactly what they're trying to do, IMO. The woman's remains have not been ID'd (per press) and this pic was found somewhere on the property. I think LE is trying to ID the woman in the pic to find out if she's living (among other questions), or if this is the decedent (getting dental/DNA) for comparison.
We also don't have a timeline and I'm guessing the remains were badly decomposed.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff
Back