1222 users online (208 members and 1014 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cvaldez1975 View Post
    is she the girl int he pic? she looks close but not exactly. the link above says JSO doesn't know who the girl in the photo is. and was she dismembered? that was not released before but the link says so. and have they searched his whole property because there is a lot of talk of other possible victims.
    I assumed it was her since this thread has been updated with "identified" and her name. Sorry if I misunderstood...

http://www.news4jax.com/news/man-sho...buried-in-yard
    Glad you were already on it Kay.

"Police said Thursday that Joni died of blunt-force trauma sometime between February 2014 and May 2015, when Tillis was arrested on unrelated charges. He has now been charged with murder, kidnapping, human trafficking, abuse of a body and evidence tampering in Joni's death.

Robert said his family had been trying find Joni for years and never knew what happened to her. He said their mother died in 1995, and their father is not in their lives."

snipped

"During the investigation, police released a faded Polaroid photo of an unidentified woman, asking for the public's help to identify her. That woman was not Gunter, and police are still working to find out who she is.

News4Jax crime and safety analyst Gil Smith said the public's help is critical in this case."
    BBM
    LE believes that Tillis preyed upon young transient women who had issues with drugs and prostitution.
    Last edited by Ray_of_hope; 12-08-2016 at 07:54 PM.
    My opinion only, unless referenced or supported by a link. Thank you!

More info from above link.

"One neighbor recalled women coming to her front door screaming that Tillis was going to kill them.

“There would be constant women in and out over there. Some of them would run over to my property and bang on my door, crying for help,” said Annette Campbell, who told News4Jax she and other neighbors had restraining orders against Tillis. “We lived in constant fear with him there.”

Campbell said she believes police will find other victims.

“Because I have seen lots of women over there,” Campbell said. “And then all of a sudden, you wouldn't see them.”"

Quote Originally Posted by Ray_of_hope View Post

"During the investigation, police released a faded Polaroid photo of an unidentified woman, asking for the public's help to identify her. That woman was not Gunter, and police are still working to find out who she is.
    Maybe is better open a thread for this case!
    Look at my profile you will find cases of unidentified people new to you! Ivan

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/mem...158875-Romulus

Glad you were already on it Kay.

"Police said Thursday that Joni died of blunt-force trauma sometime between February 2014 and May 2015, when Tillis was arrested on unrelated charges. He has now been charged with murder, kidnapping, human trafficking, abuse of a body and evidence tampering in Joni's death.

Robert said his family had been trying find Joni for years and never knew what happened to her. He said their mother died in 1995, and their father is not in their lives."

snipped

News4Jax crime and safety analyst Gil Smith said the public's help is critical in this case."
    BBM
    LE believes that Tillis preyed upon young transient women who had issues with drugs and prostitution.
    I'm so confused. Sorry, I thought this thread was about the girl in the Polaroid. That's the first two links in this thread--about her picture they are trying to ID. Is there another thread for that girl or another thread for Joni? I'm not sure which one this thread is for now.

I'm sorry, it is very confusing. The body was found on Tillis' property and the Polaroid was found about the same time, so LE thought they may be the same person. It turns out they are not according to the Jax4News article. So I guess this thread is about the body which has now been identified via DNA to be Joni Gunter. So I guess it would be a good idea to make another thread in order to ID the woman in the Polaroid. LE wants to ID to see if she's alive and well or missing. MOO, but I think LE has just touched the tip of the iceberg with Russell Tillis.
    RIP Joni.
    Does anyone know how to start a new thread with 'unidentified woman in Polaroid from Russell Tillis property' or something like that? Thanks.

It is confusing. IMHO, the unidentified woman and Jodi Lynn Gunter should remain together since it appears they may be victims of the same perp.

Maybe without the "identified" tag?
    MOO
    Delphi Murders -- Six Thousand Billboards Across the USA
    Reply with Quote is everyone's friend.
    “Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.” Patrick Moynihan
    #metoo

FL - Jacksonville, WhtFem 10-30, brown hair, pictured in a photo, Feb'16

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/c...photo/63482099

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Police are seeking the public's help as they work to identify a woman pictured in a photo released Tuesday.
    The Jacksonville Sheriff's Office did not disclose exactly why they're looking to identify the woman, whose picture has been posted to the Sheriff's Office Facebook page.
    The woman appears to be in her early to mid 20s, JSO's spokesperson Melissa Bujeda said in the post.
    Anyone with information on the woman's identity is asked to call the Sheriff's Office at (904) 630-0500 or Crime Stoppers at (866) 845-TIPS. You can remain anonymous and could receive a reward of up to $3,000.

Open this thread for the photo girl after this

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - The brother of a Jacksonville woman whose body was found in February dismembered and buried in the yard of a Southside home said his family had lost touch with his sister and he only learned last week that she had been killed.
    Robert Gunter, who now lives in Arkansas, told News4Jax that detectives contacted his younger sister to let her know a woman found dead in Jacksonville in February had been identified through DNA analysis as her sister, Joni Lynn Gunter. Joni was found buried in the yard of a home belonging to Russell Tillis, police said.
    More News Headlines

Robert said his younger sister broke the news to him Dec. 1.
    “It shocks the hell out of me getting the news about my older sister,” Robert said.
    Joni would have been around 30 years old when she was killed.
    Robert said since learning the news, he has been in touch with Jacksonville detectives himself.
    Police said Thursday that Joni died of blunt-force trauma sometime between February 2014 and May 2015, when Tillis was arrested on unrelated charges. He has now been charged with murder, kidnapping, human trafficking, abuse of a body and evidence tampering in Joni's death.
    Robert said his family had been trying find Joni for years and never knew what happened to her. He said their mother died in 1995, and their father is not in their lives.
    “All I know is I’ve been worried about her, trying to get in touch with her,” he said. “I have (missed her). To be honest, I don't know what to say.”
    Police described Joni as a transient. She had a long list of arrests from 2004-2011 in Duval County, including on charges related to prostitution and drugs.
    Robert said he couldn't pinpoint the last time he had contact with his older sister, but that he lived in Jacksonville for most of his life and had never heard of Tillis.
    More victims out there?

Police searched Tillis' Bowden Circle East property for days after Gunter's body was found, but said they found no other human remains.
    Despite that, police said Thursday that they believe that Tillis could have abused or killed other young women, particularly drug abusers, prostitutes or women who weren't in regular contact with family, who wouldn't be missed.
    "Suspect Russell Tillis targeted vulnerable members of our society," Asst. Chief Scott Dingee said. "Based on statements Tillis made, we believe it’s highly likely that other females were victimized by Tillis, including other murders. Based on his history, Tillis sought out vulnerable young females -- white females in particular with a history of drug abuse and prostitution. So we ask that anyone who knew the victim or anyone who may have been victimized by Tillis, anyone who has family members that may have associated with Tillis and now their family members are missing, anyone with additional information, we ask that they contact the police."

During the investigation, police released a faded Polaroid photo of an unidentified woman, asking for the public's help to identify her. That woman was not Gunter, and police are still working to find out who she is.
    News4Jax crime and safety analyst Gil Smith said the public's help is critical in this case.
    “Right now, they're really looking out to the public to provide them with information, especially if anyone was working as a prostitute or using drugs in this area, even if you didn't know them very well but just all of a sudden didn't see them,” Smith said.
    He said those tips might help police track down other possible victims.
    Neighbors along Bowden Circle said they saw women coming and going from Tillis' home before he was arrested last year.
    One neighbor recalled women coming to her front door screaming that Tillis was going to kill them.
    “There would be constant women in and out over there. Some of them would run over to my property and bang on my door, crying for help,” said Annette Campbell, who told News4Jax she and other neighbors had restraining orders against Tillis. “We lived in constant fear with him there.”
    Campbell said she believes police will find other victims.
    “Because I have seen lots of women over there,” Campbell said. “And then all of a sudden, you wouldn't see them.”

Look at my profile you will find cases of unidentified people new to you! Ivan

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/mem...158875-Romulus

I'm sorry, it is very confusing. The body was found on Tillis' property and the Polaroid was found about the same time, so LE thought they may be the same person. It turns out they are not according to the Jax4News article. So I guess this thread is about the body which has now been identified via DNA to be Joni Gunter. So I guess it would be a good idea to make another thread in order to ID the woman in the Polaroid. LE wants to ID to see if she's alive and well or missing. MOO, but I think LE has just touched the tip of the iceberg with Russell Tillis.
    RIP Joni.
    Does anyone know how to start a new thread with 'unidentified woman in Polaroid from Russell Tillis property' or something like that? Thanks.
    I know how to start new threads but I think I will wait for a mod to do it for this case. I think there are a lot of posts here that should be moved to the thread for the girl in the Polaroid--if that is the new thread that needs to be started. JMO. I never realized there were two different girls we were trying to ID.

Just throwing in my 2 cents, for whatever it's worth. Will be happy to defer to CarlK or bessie if their opinions differ.

Now that it's known that the victim in the shallow grave (Joni) & the woman in the Polaroid are NOT one in the same, I believe the UID woman in the polaroid pic should be given a thread of her own & Joni's thread should remain dedicated to her alone. If it's determined that Tillis has more victims/is a serial killer, than a thread could be opened in the SK forum for him (which would then be open to discussion of all known and/or possible victims).

Quote Originally Posted by KayElJay View Post
    Just throwing in my 2 cents, for whatever it's worth. Will be happy to defer to CarlK or bessie if their opinions differ.

Now that it's known that the victim in the shallow grave (Joni) & the woman in the Polaroid are NOT one in the same, I believe the UID woman in the polaroid pic should be given a thread of her own & Joni's thread should remain dedicated to her alone. If it's determined that Tillis has more victims/is a serial killer, than a thread could be opened in the SK forum for him (which would then be open to discussion of all known and/or possible victims).
    Romulus started one.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...2#post12990072
    MOO
    “Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.” Patrick Moynihan
    #metoo

MOO
    #metoo

Thank you for starting a new thread for her!

So according to the News4Jax segment at 10 pm tonight, Russell Tillis confessed to killing Joni to his cellmate while incarcerated for another crime (but I don't know if he used her name or if he just indicated that his victim was female). Apparently, that's what got the ball rolling and LE searching his yard. LE got him on a wire recording also admitting to other murders. Looks like we've only just begun...

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast