1225 users online (190 members and 1035 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Jesse Leroy Matthew Jr - Plea Agreement Hearing - March 2, 2016

Jesse Matthew to appear in court for plea agreement hearing
    By T. Rees Shapiro March 2

Jesse Leroy Matthew Jr., the Charlottesville-area man who is charged with the disappearances and deaths of two young women in the college town, is expected to enter guilty pleas in both cases when he appears in Albemarle County court later today.

Matthew, 33, had faced the possibility of the death penalty for the abduction and murder of Hannah Graham, an 18-year-old Fairfax County resident who was a sophomore at the University of Virginia when she went missing in the fall of 2014.

[...]

The hearing is scheduled to begin at 1:30 p.m. The terms of the plea deal have not been released.

In a brief interview Tuesday, Tracci said that the plea agreement had been in the works for some time. He said he had met personally with the families of both victims to discuss possible resolutions of the case.

skibaboo is online now <3 The amazing Mr Skibs, GBNF <3 Now an 'official' crazy cat (& Map) lady.
    Marking my spot.

A big day for the Harrington's and Graham's. My thoughts are with them.
    Hillsborough 15/4/1989 JFT96 GBNF YNWA *Verdict - The REAL Truth: 96 Liverpool fans were unlawfully killed*

Celebrating Mr Skibaboo RIP Baljeev Johal, my dear friend. RIP

Case Map Database - Links to all Case Maps I have created, and their related Websleuths threads

emiusacska is offline CSKA sofia fan!!! Amanda Knox supporter!! Justice for Sierra LaMar!! :)
    Morning i will post tweets from Laura French or Neal Augustein as they are coming from the hearing today

emiusacska is offline CSKA sofia fan!!! Amanda Knox supporter!! Justice for Sierra LaMar!! :)
    #BREAKING: #JesseMatthew expected to plead guilty to 1st degree murder of #HannahGraham & #MorganHarrington @CBS6

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

#BREAKING: #JesseMatthew expected to plead guilty to abduction w/intent to defile in both cases @CBS6

#BREAKING: #JesseMatthew expected to serve 4 life sentences for crimes @CBS6

Laura French ‏@lfrenchnews
    #BREAKING: #JesseMatthew expected to relinquish right to appeal/no geriatric release. @CBS6

Neal Augenstein ‏@AugensteinWTOP 26m26 minutes ago Albemarle County Circuit Courthouse
    No phones allowed in courtroom for #JesseMatthew hearing, so no tweeting. @MikeMurilloWTOP is here for post-plea newser. Folo Mike plz.

Neal Augenstein ‏@AugensteinWTOP 2h2 hours ago Albemarle County Circuit Courthouse
    #JesseMatthew will be questioned by Judge Cheryl Higgins to see if he understands plea, and if he's pleading guilty because he is guilty

Quote Originally Posted by emiusacska View Post
    Laura French ‏@lfrenchnews
    #BREAKING: #JesseMatthew expected to relinquish right to appeal/no geriatric release. @CBS6
    I like no right to appeal, that should be mandatory in every plea deal.

skibaboo is online now <3 The amazing Mr Skibs, GBNF <3 Now an 'official' crazy cat (& Map) lady.
    Thanks emi!

I think those terms sound reasonable.

I'd personally like to see him spend the rest of his life in a dark prison cell 23 hrs a day, with no TV, no radio, no books, basic rations, no interaction with any other inmates and with the only his own mind to spend the time with. Haunted by what he has done. Asking a bit much I know ..
    Hillsborough 15/4/1989 JFT96 GBNF YNWA *Verdict - The REAL Truth: 96 Liverpool fans were unlawfully killed*

Celebrating Mr Skibaboo RIP Baljeev Johal, my dear friend. RIP

Case Map Database - Links to all Case Maps I have created, and their related Websleuths threads

Mark Tenia ‏@marktenia8News 7m7 minutes ago
    Number of media outlets trying to get a shot of Matthew walking through the hall into court. #JesseMatthew @8NEWS

https://twitter.com/marktenia8News?lang=en

Why no phones? What about a camera? This is very frustrating.
    The facts are now buried amongst theory, opinion and rumor.

Mike Murillo ‏@MikeMurilloWTOP 3m3 minutes ago
    #JesseMatthew is taken into the court room.

https://twitter.com/MikeMurilloWTOP?lang=en

I must say that he looks great in stripes. He should wear them every day for the rest of his life.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast