Found Deceased WA - Amy Kennelly, 48, Woodway, 29 February 2016

Kennelly is described as 5’3″, 120 pounds, with blue eyes and blonde hair.

http://myedmondsnews.com/2016/03/edmonds-woman-reported-missing/

attachment.php

Attachments

• kennelly.png
    kennelly.png
    78.6 KB · Views: 572
Press release:

http://www.edmondswa.gov/images/COE/Government/Departments/Police/Press_Releases/2016/Amy_Kennelly_Search.pdf

March 2, 2016
To: Media
SEARCH FOR MISSING EDMONDS WOMAN
WOODWAY AREA BEING SEARCHED
March 2, 2016 (4:52 pm)
Edmonds Police and Snohomish County Search and Rescue are currently searching the wooded areas of the 11000 block
of Algonquin Road in the Town of Woodway. They are looking for Amy Kennelly, a missing 48 year old woman from
Edmonds. Her car was located in that area on the night of February 29th, 2016 around 11pm. At that time her vehicle
was involved in a hit and run collision, with the driver nowhere to be found in the area. Responding officers checked the
area for the driver but could not find anyone. The vehicle was towed because it was involved in a collision. During the
night, officer’s made repeated attempts to make contact with Amy to find out if she was involved in the collision, or if
not, knew where her car was. Their attempts were unsuccessful.
On March 1st, 2016 we received a call from Amy’s family, reporting her as missing. Edmonds Police responded to the
area where her car was found and began a search of the area. Personal items, possibly from Amy, were found in a
neighboring back yard. Officers have been checking the area on foot. Snohomish County Search and Rescue has also
come to the scene to help search.
Anyone with information about this is encouraged to call or send in tips via our website.
Her photo is attached to this press release.

Thanks for the thread... was just stopping by to see if there'd be one here. Very odd circumstances. Her family is somewhat notable in the area for owning Kennelly Keys Music stores (local chain). Locals are on edge already because of the proximity to the Cheryl DeBoer case.

Interesting few comments on the Q13 Fox news FB under her article. People are making mention of a possible serial killer. I guess maybe there has been other missing people in the area. I wonder if it was a single hit and run accident or if there is a sign that there were possible multiple vehicles.

The road her car was found on is very short and it looks like it has very few homes on it and they look huge. Google maps shows a good view. So the article said a few things that were possibly hers were found in a nearby back yard. It's pretty interesting because she used to live in a house on that road. I wonder if she was visiting a neighbor or just driving by her old home.

Interesting few comments on the Q13 Fox news FB under her article. People are making mention of a possible serial killer. I guess maybe there has been other missing people in the area. I wonder if it was a single hit and run accident or if there is a sign that there were possible multiple vehicles.

That's what I was wondering too. No mention of any other drivers, so perhaps it was a solo accident.

What did the car hit and run? Did she hit something or someone? Or did someone hit her? It says she was last seen in the Woodway area at 11pm. Who saw her? Where? Do they know she was the driver? And her items found, guess no clue yet if it was her purse? phone? No one knows if she was harmed in the hit and run and wandered off with a head injury?

The road her car was found on is very short and it looks like it has very few homes on it and they look huge. Google maps shows a good view. So the article said a few things that were possibly hers were found in a nearby back yard. It's pretty interesting because she used to live in a house on that road. I wonder if she was visiting a neighbor or just driving by her old home.

Yep, huge houses. Woodway is a very affluent area of million dollar homes. Definitely not a high crime area at all. So odd...

Yeah I feel this might be an odd case here.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

According to this article, her car hit "a piece of property" (no other car/driver involved)

http://komonews.com/news/local/edmonds-woman-missing-after-hit-and-run-crash

(snipped)
A car belonging to 48-year-old Amy Kennelly was involved in a hit-and-run crash Monday night in Snohomish County. Officers received a report about the accident, which involved Kennelly's car and a piece of property, and began searching the area.

(snipped)

also from article "
Hawley said the car didn't suffer much damage in the crash and there's no reason to believe Kennelly was injured."

So it seems that maybe there was a possible divorce but separation was ongoing in 2011- maybe divorce and the property was sold on Algonquin Road in 2012. However the owner with Amy (husband) seems to have a business/home address just 3 min. Away .09 miles. According to online court records odds in the past restraining orders were done. So why was she in that area so close to her ex's and old home?

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

I'm very interested in this case. We are in Edmonds which is right between Woodway & Mountlake Terrace, where Cheryl DeBoer went missing & was found dead.

I really can't emphasize enough what was said above. Woodway is very, very wealthy & fairly secluded. Insulated community. Lots of winding roads, dead ends & tons of trees. Waterfront views & properties. It's not the usual mixed suburb or neighborhood with busy streets like with the DeBoer case - people don't just drive through Woodway without a specific reason to be there. Will be interesting to see what really happened here.

I pray she's still alive & will be found.

I will be beyond shocked if this turns out to be a random crime of any type. If a random perp just happened to be lurking around Woodway (!!) just as a woman happened to abandon her crashed car - no way. Poor woman, I hope she is all right and found soon. Something went wrong for her, but the chances of it involving a random predator have got to be close to zero.

As per KIRO 7 News reporter Maria Guererro in comments on her Facebook post/story on Amy Kennelly: " So I asked if there's any link between this case and Mountlake Terrace (Cheryl DeBoer death) and police said no."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back