1055 users online (213 members and 842 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

OH - Lamilyan McColl, 20 days, Cincinnati, 3 March 2016

The vehicle stolen from the West End this morning with a 20-day-old girl in the backseat has been located, but the baby was not in the car.

Police have three suspects in custody, but are still searching for the child after the vehicle crashed near Western Hills University High School. Police are checking nearby locations for the baby.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news...seat/81257072/
    Last edited by JerseyGirl; 03-03-2016 at 10:41 AM.

Baby is 18 days old, not 20 months. I hope they dropped this baby off somewhere safe!

Quote Originally Posted by TTF14 View Post
    Baby is 18 days old, not 20 months. I hope they dropped this baby off somewhere safe!
    Thanks, I corrected the title.

No updates.

This doesn't sound right. Was the baby really in the car?
    I understood every word you said. It was the order that you said them that has me confused.

Police have three suspects in custody, but are still searching for the child after the vehicle crashed near Western Hills University High School. Police are checking nearby locations for the baby including the Wal-Mart on Ferguson Avenue.

The newborn's name is Lamilyan McCollum. She was born Feb. 11.

found safe:

Police confirmed reports that the newborn has been found and is at home with her mother. Police ended their search at 9:37 a.m.

Great news!!!

CPD: Newborn wasn't missing in stolen car, mother charged

Benton is charged with one count each of obstructing official business, making false alarms and inducing panic. Lamilyan and two other children were removed from Benton's home and are now in the custody of Hamilton County Job and Family Services.

WTH

Who leaves an 18 day old baby in the car to get stolen in the first place? I'm glad the baby's safe and hope the baby's kept that way.

Quote Originally Posted by pappa rob View Post
    Who leaves an 18 day old baby in the car to get stolen in the first place? I'm glad the baby's safe and hope the baby's kept that way.
    She didn't leave the baby in the car! The baby was safe with her all along. She faked the whole thing. Bizarre.

wow. what was her motive????
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

This whole case was hinky from the start. I called shenanigans when it first broke and I was right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I always wondered why somebody doesn't do something about that. Then I realized I was somebody.

Lily Tomlin

Cincinnati police said Nacole Benton, 28, reported that her 2003 red Ford Fusion was stolen from in front of her home on Hopkins Street in West End, after she left it running with her 18-day-old daughter, Lamilyan Benton, in the back seat. Two minors are facing charges in connection with the stolen car, but police said the baby was never missing.

As officers swarmed multiple neighborhoods searching for Lamilyan, Benton left her home with the child and returned 20 to 30 minutes later to make it look like the baby was missing. Police arrested and charged Benton with obstructing official business, making false alarms and inducing panic.

Benton appeared for an arraignment Friday morning. Her attorney said Benton did not report the baby missing. Benton only reported the stolen car and there was a "miscommunication." Benton's attorney said the 911 call should prove her claim. The 911 call from the Cincinnati Police Department has not been received.

Lamilyan is in the care of a paternal aunt. Two other children were removed from the home and placed in an agency's custody.

There is a $20,000 bond on Benton and she is only allowed to have supervised visits with Lamilyan.

Benton's is next scheduled to appear in court on March 14.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news...baby/81312030/

OK, so just guessing----her van was stolen and she wanted it back quickly---so she LIED and told the cops her baby was inside of it?
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast