1116 users online (199 members and 917 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Madeleine74 is offline Of course it's my opinion; who else's would it be?
    Quote Originally Posted by Doghairrules View Post
    Interesting. No doubt this will not be a popular opinion here, and I went into his trial totally believing he was guilty but I don't think they proved it. Certainly not beyond a reasonable doubt, imo.
    The jury who unanimously convicted him, disagreed.

He is guilty and a convicted killer.

The NC Supreme Court put the smackdown on the appeal, affirming his conviction.

He's trying to assert that Judge Collins, who was the chief public defender in 2012 and other defense attorney (Mike K) provided ineffective assistance of counsel. That's his only move left. If that maneuver fails he's toast (unless the US Supreme Court deigns to hear his case, which they won't).

Yeah and all of Greg Taylor's appeals were denied but after 17 years he was exonerated

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Apples and Potatoes.

Greg Taylor was factually innocent and had the Innocence Commission fighting his case and they proved factual innocence.

For 17 years he wasn't according to DA's office and even the lawyers in the Innocence hearings still argued he was guilty

Jason Young to Get New Hearing March 3, 2016

I'm not even saying he's innocent - I'm saying the timeline that was presented made no sense at all to me. I lived 25-30 minutes closer to Hillsville than he did at the time and I wouldn't have been within 2 hours of their suggested time frame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by sundrop View Post
    Actually the book offers a different opinion on the gas

I'm quite sure this e-book offers a different opinion on just about anything proven in court by the state.....

I'm not even saying he's innocent - I'm saying the timeline that was presented made no sense at all to me. I lived 25-30 minutes closer to Hillsville than he did at the time and I wouldn't have been within 2 hours of their suggested time frame.

Glad to hear you are not saying he's innocent.

2 hours?
    Do you actually know the timeline presented in court?

Quote Originally Posted by sundrop View Post
    Yeah and all of Greg Taylor's appeals were denied but after 17 years he was exonerated

Yes, Greg Taylor was factually innocent.

To suggest JLY is factually innocent would be insane.
    The only thing his defense could possibly do was cast some reasonable doubt.
    In the end, the smoke and mirrors failed with a 12-0 guilty verdict for 1st degree murder.
    The States highest court unanimously agreed.

Personally, I thought this should have been tried as a capital death case.

Quote Originally Posted by Just the Fax View Post
    Glad to hear you are not saying he's innocent.

2 hours?
    Do you actually know the timeline presented in court?
    I do.

IIRC, the LEOs who went up to the motel in Virginia also took mileage statistics, etc., of their trip, and they observed that it could be done.

All posts, unless attributed, are "just my humble opinion," and they are to remain here in Websleuths and are not to be used elsewhere. Thank you.

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
    William Shakespeare, King Richard II

The Angel of the Waters, Bethesda Terrace, Central Park, New York City

The drive one way was clocked at somewhere around 2 hrs 30 min, give or take, and not just driven once, but more than once. As presented, with mileage and time and gas utilization, it was doable. He would have had up to an hour to commit the murder and get himself back in the SUV.
    Last edited by Madeleine74; 09-06-2016 at 11:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Madeleine74 View Post
    The drive one way was clocked at somewhere around 2 hrs 30 min, give or take, and not just driven once, but more than once. As presented, with mileage and time and gas utilization, it was doable. He would have had up to an hour to commit the murder and get himself back in the SUV.
    Imo, the conditions would have had to be perfect for him to make it in an hour and a half. It was closer to 3 hours for me and I lived 30 minutes closer. The roads are not interstates and they are tricky to drive at night. And he murdered her and cleaned up so well that there was no trace evidence on him or in his car and nothing from the hotel room on her.

Imo, the conditions would have had to be perfect for him to make it in an hour and a half. It was closer to 3 hours for me and I lived 30 minutes closer. The roads are not interstates and they are tricky to drive at night. And he murdered her and cleaned up so well that there was no trace evidence on him or in his car and nothing from the hotel room on her.
    LE rented the exact model SUV as he had and drove it up and back from his house (not speeding like freaks). They did this more than 1 time. This is in testimony. Their clocked times are part of the record, as is their mpg, using the exact same model of vehicle. You don't have to believe it, but it happens to be part of the official record. It certainly was possible and it was proved.

Cleaned up so well? He got rid of the top, pants, and shoes he was wearing, those items likely in a large hefty bag, fully contained. He managed to leave his own shoe prints in his wife's blood. You don't know if there was any trace evidence on him at some point in time. He didn't leave the house after murdering his wife and then wear any of those items in the SUV. All items disappeared. He ran the hose outside to clean up and left it running. His own DNA is in the house since he lived there. His light colored SUV was spotted around 3:40am-ish at his house.

The jury weighed the evidence and testimony presented and determined he was guilty. He certainly cut it close--got back later than he planned to and then was 30 min late to his important sales call, the one he had to drive halfway there so he wouldn't be late.

Doubt the driving times all you want; it doesn't change the evidence or the testimony.
    Last edited by Madeleine74; 09-07-2016 at 02:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Just the Fax View Post
    Looks like the #1 Brad Cooper fan (admitted wife killer) has penned another tabloid worthy e-book about a convicted wife killer.
    This time, the author has written another totally slanted account, with extra credit going to the convicted killer's family and "dr" Maurice Godwin.
    Seems to me the 'book' is overpriced by about $2.98.

Even with such a bargain price, I'll pass on this author's POV.

Quote Originally Posted by Boodles View Post
    Even with such a bargain price, I'll pass on this author's POV.
    If I'm going to read fiction I select from NYT Bestseller List.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast