CA - Nanny cam shows babysitter abusing infant, Livermore police say

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
A babysitter in Northern California is due in court Friday on charges that she tried to smother a baby in her care, authorities said.

Livermore police say they have video footage from a hidden nanny cam of 20-year-old Moriah Gonzales pressing her hands against the crying 13-month-old baby until the child went limp on Feb. 18.

750x422

In a probable-cause document attached to Gonzales’ criminal complaint, police reported that the footage showed Gonzales “holding him with her hands nearing his face, but clear audible crying could still be heard.

“Moriah then placed her hands closer to [the baby’s] face and the sounds went from clear and audible to a muffled cry. After a few seconds, [the baby] began to squirm and kick. He then went limp,” the report states.

She then lifted the boy facing up until the back of his head was resting on her shoulder, her hands still over the baby’s face, according to the report. Police said when she removed her hands, the baby started crying again.

So Gonzales then allegedly “flung” the baby over her shoulder face up, it’s arms extended outward “as if it was limp,” then laid the boy back down in his crib, according to the report.

When the baby’s parents got home and reviewed the tape, Gonzales was still in the home, police said. The parents asked her to leave but did not tell her what they saw; the parents called police after she left.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-baby-abuse-livermore-20160303-story.html

I'll be following this case very closely as it's not far from me. The baby did survive.

Thank goodness the baby survived. I hope she goes to jail.

Thank goodness the baby survived. I hope she goes to jail.

She was arrested in February. What is scary is that she was hired through Care.com. They advertise that you are supposed to be able to trust whom you hire through them as they carefully vet who they list on their site.

I think she should be and will be arrested.

By Angela Ruggiero, aruggiero@bayareanewsgroup.comPosted: 03/04/2016 09:25:48 AM PST | Updated: 16 min. ago

PLEASANTON -- A baby sitter accused of abusing a baby boy in a Livermore toddler's bedroom made her first court appearance Friday.
Moriah Gonzales, 20, appeared in court with her attorney William Du Bois for her arraignment. A protective order has been issued against the baby sitter to stay away from children under 18 years old. more at link: http://www.contracostatimes.com/bre...moriah-gonzales-court-child-abuse-accusations

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73
Back