Status
Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
Cheryl DeBoer
635906256609049403-deboer.jpg

Police ask help in finding missing Mountlake Terrace woman
Mountlake Terrace - Mountlake Terrace police are asking for the public's help in locating a missing woman.
Cheryl DeBoer, 54, was supposed to meet a friend at the Mountlake Terrace Park and Ride lot and carpool to work Monday morning. She texted her friend around 7 a.m. saying that she would catch a bus instead; she has not been seen or heard from since. Her vehicle was located parked in the 23400 block of 58th Avenue SW in Mountlake Terrace.
http://www.king5.com/story/news/loc...ing-missing-mountlake-terrace-woman/80068942/

Body found in Mountlake Terrace identified as missing woman
http://www.king5.com/story/news/loc...police-rule-womans-death-suspicious/80417266/
The Snohomish County Medical Examiner on Tuesday announced that they have identified a body found in Mountlake Terrace as 53-year-old Cheryl DeBoer. The cause and manner of death are pending further investigation, the ME's office said. Mountlake Terrace Police had said there is no reason to believe the public is in danger following the discovery of the body.

Medical examiner: Body found is missing Mountlake Terrace woman
http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...e-police-return-to-site-where-body-was-found/
The family remains cooperative with the investigation, he said, adding DeBoer’s husband took a polygraph test late last week and police have eliminated him as a person of interest.

Celebrating Cheryl DeBoer

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3

Stryker57,

My condolences to you and your family for the sudden and tragic loss of your mother Cheryl.

May you all feel the love, and support of those close to you, friends, and acquaintences, as well as the community of Mountlake Terrace.

Best regards,

- Mrs.GladysKravitz

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

I cannot stop thinking about the frustration of the information that LE could be holding back from the general public, and even family. I did some research and found this paragraph particularly helpful in learning what can be held back:
...hold-back can be information or detail regarding the modus operandi of the killer, the clothing worn by the victim, the manner of killing, nature of injuries, autopsy results or any other minute detail.

There are probably many things being held-back from family, as well, in order to maintain the integrity of the case. And it truly is frustrating for everyone, but it serves a purpose. What if there are more than small cuts - there would only be the perp(s) who could know that, so if they finally come forward and confess (here's hoping) LE will know FOR CERTAIN that their statement is legitimate. So yes, frustrating for family - and us - but so necessary.

I personally cannot stop having bad dreams about this case because Cheryl is so much like me - we even live in the same area. It's as if I've suddenly realized that the world works in an entirely different way than I thought it did all of these years. That's why I joined WebSleuths.

Now, some thoughts that are my own regarding Cheryl's investigation. I honestly don't think that her ID badge being at home under some clothing is "off", or something to spend time thinking about. My house is a wreck, and I could lose my everyday coat - if I even manage to remember to put it on - in a laundry pile, not to mention my key-card for work, very easily. Cheryl, imho, just had that type of personality. She was a geek, afterall. I'm not exactly generalizing here - people who are extremely intelligent exhibit lifestyle traits rather commonly that others see as unimaginable in their own lives. Some of those traits can be extreme generosity, tunnel-vision (focusing so much on what you're doing that sometimes you don't even register when someone's talking directly to you when your mind is deeply involved in anything) - sort of like ADD symptoms. But add in a general naivety about the world, and to me that sounds like the person Cheryl's family and friends described her to be.

Sharing a tiny story here - so I made the text smaller: My Father in Law was a total genius. He was an incredibly decorated General in the Air Force. We would joke that he was so smart that he was stupid. One time while camping the flies were buzzing around the pan of pancakes he was cooking on a gas stove so he just grabbed a nearby can of bug spray and sprayed it onto the fire - the flames were visible from the other side of camp. Kind of funny now, but this man was in charge of the entire Air National Guard in his state at the time!

I know I write too much to get to my point, and I apologize as I can't help it, but I think what I'm trying to get at here is that Cheryl's traits are what kept her out of trouble, and what got her into trouble. I honestly think she would have been able to analyze a situation going on outside of her vehicle and avoid it if it was even slightly dangerous so she very likely had to have known the person who would eventually bring harm to her. She analyzed data for a living - it's just how her brain was wired - and people like that can't get out of that mode; no matter what type of input they're receiving.

All of the data we have, and what has been inferred, leads me to believe that this was done in full or part by a woman that she knew. I can only think of one that I've come across in my research that fits, but I'll keep looking.

Stryker57 - It is my hope that Cheryl has been laid to rest by now, and although I'm not a religious person, and I don't know if it matters to the dead if we celebrate their memory, I think it matters if their memory was filled with happiness. I'm sure she lived a happy life, and I hope that thought brings you some solace.

Whisperworm, what's this about the badge being at home under some clothing? have you read about it somewhere? I've missed that.
Nice to see you back too. :)

Here's a good view of the culvert structure on the opposite side of the road from where the police were investigating.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=90159

All the twigs and branches etc piled to the side in this pic, I'm assuming that's what was pulled out of the culvert after CD was found.
(Or what they had to pull out to get to her maybe) While it was all still in there, it would have made it even narrower and harder for someone to get into it.
I can imagine the entry to the culvert on the other side of the road would be worse, as that wooded side would be where all the twigs and branches come from that fall in to the culvert.
It's baffling how the lady ended up in there, I don't think it was easy for someone to put her in there.

Whisperworm, what's this about the badge being at home under some clothing? have you read about it somewhere? I've missed that.
Nice to see you back too. :)

I was on the thread last night and I asked stryker57 about the badge. The response from stryker57 was that the badge was under clothing and in a Monday morning rush she could have easily thought that she had the badge if she didn't see it in the usual place.
Well something must have occurred on the thread after I logged off for the night, as I don't see my question and the response and another question that I asked.

That leaves me perplexed…

Now we know, from stryker57's response is that Cheryl's badge was not in the usual place she kept it.
If she was in a Monday morning rush as stryker57 suggested, was she in a rush prior to her knowing the badge was missing as well as in a rush to go home and get the badge?
Also what time did Cheryl normally meet up with the coworker?

IMOO.

I cannot stop thinking about the frustration of the information that LE could be holding back from the general public, and even family. I did some research and found this paragraph particularly helpful in learning what can be held back:

There are probably many things being held-back from family, as well, in order to maintain the integrity of the case. And it truly is frustrating for everyone, but it serves a purpose. What if there are more than small cuts - there would only be the perp(s) who could know that, so if they finally come forward and confess (here's hoping) LE will know FOR CERTAIN that their statement is legitimate. So yes, frustrating for family - and us - but so necessary.

I personally cannot stop having bad dreams about this case because Cheryl is so much like me - we even live in the same area. It's as if I've suddenly realized that the world works in an entirely different way than I thought it did all of these years. That's why I joined WebSleuths.

Now, some thoughts that are my own regarding Cheryl's investigation. I honestly don't think that her ID badge being at home under some clothing is "off", or something to spend time thinking about. My house is a wreck, and I could lose my everyday coat - if I even manage to remember to put it on - in a laundry pile, not to mention my key-card for work, very easily. Cheryl, imho, just had that type of personality. She was a geek, afterall. I'm not exactly generalizing here - people who are extremely intelligent exhibit lifestyle traits rather commonly that others see as unimaginable in their own lives. Some of those traits can be extreme generosity, tunnel-vision (focusing so much on what you're doing that sometimes you don't even register when someone's talking directly to you when your mind is deeply involved in anything) - sort of like ADD symptoms. But add in a general naivety about the world, and to me that sounds like the person Cheryl's family and friends described her to be.

Sharing a tiny story here - so I made the text smaller: My Father in Law was a total genius. He was an incredibly decorated General in the Air Force. We would joke that he was so smart that he was stupid. One time while camping the flies were buzzing around the pan of pancakes he was cooking on a gas stove so he just grabbed a nearby can of bug spray and sprayed it onto the fire - the flames were visible from the other side of camp. Kind of funny now, but this man was in charge of the entire Air National Guard in his state at the time!

I know I write too much to get to my point, and I apologize as I can't help it, but I think what I'm trying to get at here is that Cheryl's traits are what kept her out of trouble, and what got her into trouble. I honestly think she would have been able to analyze a situation going on outside of her vehicle and avoid it if it was even slightly dangerous so she very likely had to have known the person who would eventually bring harm to her. She analyzed data for a living - it's just how her brain was wired - and people like that can't get out of that mode; no matter what type of input they're receiving.

All of the data we have, and what has been inferred, leads me to believe that this was done in full or part by a woman that she knew. I can only think of one that I've come across in my research that fits, but I'll keep looking.

Stryker57 - It is my hope that Cheryl has been laid to rest by now, and although I'm not a religious person, and I don't know if it matters to the dead if we celebrate their memory, I think it matters if their memory was filled with happiness. I'm sure she lived a happy life, and I hope that thought brings you some solace.

And this is the thing, what someone would do might not be the same as another person.

With my personality, I would know exactly where the badge was and if I had the badge with me.
I do my checklist at home. MANY people are not like me.

And what is unusual to me, you posted that your father in law was a decorated General in the Air Force and he sprayed bug spray on the fire. ( Thank him for Serving, by the way!! )

I CREDIT my military upbringing for who I am, my thought process, etc.
My dad was a walking AR (Army Regulation) people would say.
I was brought up strict, and that is how I am, that I do many check lists and I am prepared.

Everybody is different.

IMOO.

I was on the thread last night and I asked stryker57 about the badge...Well something must have occurred on the thread after I logged off for the night, as I don't see my question and the response and another question that I asked.
That leaves me perplexed… (snipped with respect)
It seems there's been some overnight editing. Two possibilities:
-Stryker57 edited his own entries perhaps thinking he'd said too much OR
-the mods may have had to remove specific information until he becomes verified as an insider - until verification he can only pass opinion like the rest of us and we can't take his statements as fact.
I really do hope we see him back here as a verified insider...and he gets the chance to see us as a force for good with the same goals as him and the rest of Cheryl's closest...

-the mods may have had to remove specific information until he becomes verified as an insider - until verification he can only pass opinion like the rest of us and we can't take his statements as fact.
I really do hope we see him back here as a verified insider...and he gets the chance to see us a force for good with the same goals as him and the rest of Cheryl's closest...

Thank you. This makes sense.

I was on the thread last night and I asked stryker57 about the badge. The response from stryker57 was that the badge was under clothing and in a Monday morning rush she could have easily thought that she had the badge if she didn't see it in the usual place.
Well something must have occurred on the thread after I logged off for the night, as I don't see my question and the response and another question that I asked.

That leaves me perplexed…

Now we know, from stryker57's response is that Cheryl's badge was not in the usual place she kept it.
If she was in a Monday morning rush as stryker57 suggested, was she in a rush prior to her knowing the badge was missing as well as in a rush to go home and get the badge?
Also what time did Cheryl normally meet up with the coworker?

IMOO.

Ah, right, thank you TL.

I can easily imagine doing several jobs at once, having the badge in my hand, picking up a pile of clothing, carrying the clothing to wherever and putting the pile of clothing down, not realising I've put the badge down with it.
That's just a scenario that could easily happen.

I did notice that S57 had made 5 posts but when I tried to read them, only three were there. So maybe the other two were removed due to the fact S57 is not, as yet, verified, although I read this poster has since sent the email in regards to verification so hopefully, whatever was being said can eventually be discussed.

I don't know why it is said CD was rushing though. S57 did say she could be unorganised but that doesn't say to me, rushing. I'd say I was organised but I still rush out the door at the last minute, usually because I've decided to do one more last job before I leave. Maybe she was rushing once she,d realised she had forgotten her badge though.

As for what time CD normally met up with her coworker, I've just always thought that was the usual time, just after 7am but true, it could usually be different.

I really do hope we see him back here as a verified insider...and he gets the chance to see us a force for good with the same goals as him and the rest of Cheryl's closest...

Ha, eucalyptuz, same thought process, you're so much quicker to write than me :)

Ah, right, thank you TL.

I can easily imagine doing several jobs at once, having the badge in my hand, picking up a pile of clothing, carrying the clothing to wherever and putting the pile of clothing down, not realising I've put the badge down with it.

I did notice that S57 had made 5 posts but when I tried to read them, only three were there. So maybe the other two were removed due to the fact S57 is not, as yet, verified, although I read this poster has since sent the email in regards to verification so hopefully, whatever was being said can eventually be discussed.

I don't know why it is said CD was rushing though. S57 did say she could be unorganised but that doesn't say to me, rushing. I'd say I was organised but I still rush out the door at the last minute, usually because I've decided to do one more last job before I leave. Maybe she was rushing once she,d realised she had forgotten her badge though.

As for what time CD normally met up with her coworker, I've just always thought that was the usual time, just after 7am but true, it could usually be different.

stryker57 mentioned the word rush twice in the post. Monday morning rush and rush. That is why I wondered was Cheryl in a rush to leave her house?
We know it was said in a MSM article that she was running late (in a text).
I thought that running late meant that she needed to go home to get the badge, but if she was running late before she even left the house, then that adds more mystery to everything. Maybe her personality was, that she rushed to be on time...
IMOO.

stryker57 mentioned the word rush twice in the post. Monday morning rush and rush. That is why I wondered was Cheryl in a rush to leave her house?
We know it was said in a MSM article that she was running late (in a text).
I thought that running late meant that she needed to go home to get the badge, but if she was running late before she even left the house, then that adds more mystery to everything.
IMOO.

Ah, I cannot have read the posts where he said she was rushing. But now you mention it, I do remember reading, early on mind, in msm that she was running late. Thanks for clarifying.

Stryker, thank you for joining the discussion! I'm so sorry for your loss. Your mother seems like she was a beautiful woman! Following her has made an impact on me and I will never forget her.

Ah, right, thank you TL.

I can only speak for myself, but I am rushing out the door to work every morning, looking for my keys, phone, laptop, keycard, parking pass. The idea of a badge getting brushed off a hook, dresser or desk and getting covered by a piece of clothing is something I can totally relate to. I am thinking she was rushing out the door and didn't realize she didn't have her badge.

ETA: I got from stryker's post that the badge was found covered by a piece of clothing near to where it should have been (I sort of imagined that it got brushed off a dresser/hook/shelf/whatever)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stryker57, please accept my condolences on the loss of your mom. Everything I have seen about her shows a truly lovely person and I know this leaves such a huge hole in your heart. I am so sorry.

If I have posted anything here to upset you, please accept my apologies. I live in the area and irrationally this makes me feel sort of connected. I follow this closely out of honest concern and sorrow, but I can imagine it could look like morbid curiosity. Please know I have never knowingly driven by your parents' house.

There is a lot of love and concern here for your family and the community; I know we all wish we could help somehow, but I guess all we can do is spin our wheels and try to make sense of things that can never make sense. Our tangents must be upsetting and offensive at times. I am so sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie