1019 users online (196 members and 823 guests)  

Websleuths News

los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

IN - 3-Year-Old Scalped By Mom’s Boyfriend

Police: Man arrested for ‘scalping’ 3-year-old toddler

Millburn, Indiana -
    An Indiana man was taken into custody after police say a 3-year-old girl suffered “scalping” injuries to her head.

Andrew Milburn was charged with battery resulting in serious bodily injury to a person less than 14 years of age. Police say Milburn is the boyfriend of the toddler’s mother.

According to the Howard County Sheriff’s Department, the 3-year-old girl was taken to a hospital on February 24 after her mother noticed swelling to the side of her head.

The girl’s mother said she first noticed the swelling around 9 p.m. the night before, soon after Milburn brought the girl home from visiting his parent’s house, sheriff officials

said in a news release.

The girl’s mother asked Milburn what happened, to which Milburn responded “she must have fallen from a chair” at his parent’s home, the news release states.

Doctors said the girl’s injuries were not consistent with a fall and described it as a “scalping injury.”

“Scalping is when the scalp is forcibly removed from the skull causing internal bleeding. The blood settles around the skull causing extensive bruising and swelling,” the

sheriff’s department said.

http://www.hlntv.com/shows/nancy-gra...ar-old-toddler
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

What??? Oh my word. The world has gone mad.

What a monster and I doubt this was the first time he hurt her. Maybe the first time the injuries were serious enough for mom to notice.

When I first read "scalping injury" I envisioned a knife to her head (like in cowboys and Indians) but I see that's not the case. But I just bet he thought he could pull this baby's hair and nobody would notice. Poor baby.

JMO