1230 users online (229 members and 1001 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18
  1. #1
    los2188's Avatar
    los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    From Alaska, but living in Arizona
    Posts
    15,553

    FL - David Mossman, 46, Key Largo, 4 March 2016

    Coast Guard Searches for Missing Royal Caribbean Ship Passenger


    Royal Caribbean Ship off The Coast of Key Largo, Florida -
    Coast Guard crews are searching for a 46-year-old man who fell 100 feet overboard from a Royal Caribbean cruise ship that was sailing off the coast of Key Largo, Florida.

    The Coast Guard identified the passenger as David Mossman of Texas. The circumstances surrounding the incident are unknown.

    A Royal Caribbean spokesperson said a guest on the Navigator of the Seas ship reported seeing another guest falling overboard from a stateroom balcony just before 11 p.m. Friday.

    Ship crew members and the Coast Guard immediately began a search, the cruise line said.

    "Early Saturday morning, the ship was advised by the Coast Guard that they would be assuming control of the search and the ship resumed its journey to Port Everglades, Florida," Royal Caribbean said in a statement.

    Royal Caribbean did not name the missing guest but did identify him as a 46-year-old man from the U.S.

    http://abcnews.go.com/US/coast-guard...ry?id=37428928
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

    "When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    East Tennessee
    Posts
    4,158
    How sad for this man and his family and friends!!
    "If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you have to find the courage to live it."
    - John Irving in A Prayer for Owen Meany

    Unless I provide a link or refer to a specific link, all my ramblings are theories, speculation, scenarios based on what info is available and my own unique life experiences.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    8,640
    More information. I had always thought you couldn't "fall off" a cruise ship, but you could be thrown off or jump off. I would be interested to hear more details.

    http://www.click2houston.com/news/cy...ast-guard-says

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    17,400
    He fell about 100 feet from the 10th floor deck; 36 nautical miles south of Carysfort Reef Light.

    http://www.miamiherald.com/news/loca...e64279732.html

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Bloomington IN
    Posts
    4,981
    How sad..

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    8,640
    Another passenger had tweeted that he jumped off the ship.

    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.2554468

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    SE Minnesota
    Posts
    1,686
    Fell or jumped....tragic for his loved ones!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    State of Bliss
    Posts
    1,308
    Sorry to hear this news. We have a suite on the 10th deck of this ship booked for later this month as a Spring Break trip for my son.
    Compassion cost nothing but pays dividends.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    2,519
    Happened around 3am... Hope they have video in case of foul play. So sad no matter the circumstances.
    http://www.baynews9.com/content/news...man_who_f.html

    Wow, los. The report you found said 11 pm. Big difference. Hmmmm...
    My opinion only, unless referenced or supported by a link. Thank you!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    SouthWest Florida
    Posts
    20,008
    Quote Originally Posted by wendybtn View Post
    How sad for this man and his family and friends!!
    I worked.on cruise ships for over 9 years.
    I cant tell you how many ppl commit suicide on these cruises. Most times no one see the person jump and are only found to be missig when the cruise is over and their things are.still in the room.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    SE Minnesota
    Posts
    1,686
    Quote Originally Posted by Eileen730 View Post
    I worked.on cruise ships for over 9 years.
    I cant tell you how many ppl commit suicide on these cruises. Most times no one see the person jump and are only found to be missig when the cruise is over and their things are.still in the room.
    Oh geez. Did not realize that.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    SouthWest Florida
    Posts
    20,008
    Quote Originally Posted by Damarna View Post
    Oh geez. Did not realize that.
    Yes it really happens alot
    Sometimes they removed their shoes. And the shoes would be left. Right there at the railing

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    17,400


    Mossman and his mother "got into a big argument" Friday night and Mossman was later spotted talking to a fellow passenger on the balcony. The passenger turned away for a moment, then heard a splash, and Mossman was gone.

    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.2554468

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    17,400
    Coast Guard Suspends Search for Missing Royal Caribbean Cruise Ship Passenger

    http://abcnews.go.com/US/coast-guard...ry?id=37441055

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    21,532
    Quote Originally Posted by los2188 View Post
    Coast Guard Searches for Missing Royal Caribbean Ship Passenger


    Royal Caribbean Ship off The Coast of Key Largo, Florida -
    Coast Guard crews are searching for a 46-year-old man who fell 100 feet overboard from a Royal Caribbean cruise ship that was sailing off the coast of Key Largo, Florida.

    The Coast Guard identified the passenger as David Mossman of Texas. The circumstances surrounding the incident are unknown.

    A Royal Caribbean spokesperson said a guest on the Navigator of the Seas ship reported seeing another guest falling overboard from a stateroom balcony just before 11 p.m. Friday.

    Ship crew members and the Coast Guard immediately began a search, the cruise line said.

    "Early Saturday morning, the ship was advised by the Coast Guard that they would be assuming control of the search and the ship resumed its journey to Port Everglades, Florida," Royal Caribbean said in a statement.

    Royal Caribbean did not name the missing guest but did identify him as a 46-year-old man from the U.S.

    http://abcnews.go.com/US/coast-guard...ry?id=37428928
    Prayers going out for his family.
    Media thread for Abby and Libby.


    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...5#post13163455

    WebSleuths Lingo thread.

    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...bsleuths-Lingo

    Unless I provide a link, every one of my posts are to be considered rumor, Speculation, or simply MY OWN OPINION.

    We are the watchers. We are witnesses. We see what has gone before. We see what happens now, at this dangerous moment in human history. We see what's going to happen - what will surely happen - unless we come together: we - the Peoples of all Nations - to restore peace and harmony and balance to the Earth, our Mother.


    THE IGNORE BUTTON IS YOUR FRIEND!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Found Deceased LA - David 'Brett' Becton, 31, Shreveport, 27 March 2016
    By los2188 in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-21-2017, 03:02 AM
  2. IN IN - David Kallenberger, 47, Lafayette, 15 March 2016
    By los2188 in forum Missing Persons Discussion
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 03-15-2017, 12:57 PM
  3. Found Deceased AL - James David Holman, Tuscaloosa, 19 March 2016
    By JerseyGirl in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-24-2016, 06:16 PM

Tags for this Thread