1025 users online (206 members and 819 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

NC - Karen McCombs, 41, Dallas, 3 March 2016

This is from the town where I live. We're a small town right next to Gastonia and about 30 minutes from Charlotte.

McCombs is afraid his wife might be a danger to herself.
    She celebrated her 41st birthday Thursday, but some of her recent behavior paired with her disappearance has Joey McCombs concerned.

Dallas woman left for work, never came back. http://www.gastongazette.com/news/20...ever-came-back
    we need to encourage harder sentencing on those that are harming our children. our children are worth it!!

stop the circus!! these children as all children deserve to be found and justice brought forth for what has happened to them!!

Are we allowed to post the link to the "Help find Karen" facebook page?
    What do you fear most... in the world?
    The possibility that love is not enough
    Twin Peaks

Quote Originally Posted by athy View Post
    This is from the town where I live. We're a small town right next to Gastonia and about 30 minutes from Charlotte.

McCombs is afraid his wife might be a danger to herself.
    She celebrated her 41st birthday Thursday, but some of her recent behavior paired with her disappearance has Joey McCombs concerned.

Dallas woman left for work, never came back. http://www.gastongazette.com/news/20...ever-came-back
    Hey athy, we're neighbors. I live in Gastonia.

I first heard of this case at church this morning. Apparently Joey's parents used to attend our church and someone called Pastor Mark to put the family on our prayer list.

I tried googling it when I got home but since I didn't know the wife's name I didn't find anything. And the Gaston Gazette won't let me read unless I subscribe. Mark mentioned this morning that her credit/debit cards were used after she left. Is that mentioned in this article?

I'll go back and google again now that I know her name but thank you for posting.

Quote Originally Posted by Hexe View Post
    Are we allowed to post the link to the "Help find Karen" facebook page?
    I believe we are Hexe.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetgrits View Post
    I believe we are Hexe.
    I'm posting it, then.

https://www.facebook.com/HelpFindKar...Combs/?fref=ts
    Twin Peaks

On the missing poster it shows a bronzey/orange car but she was in a silver compact car when she bought gas in Charlotte. Could she be with a friend? I sure hope she's found soon and she's alright.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetgrits View Post
    On the missing poster it shows a bronzey/orange car but she was in a silver compact car when she bought gas in Charlotte. Could she be with a friend? I sure hope she's found soon and she's alright.
    She had also different set of clothes on. Different car, different clothing... Is it the same person?
    Twin Peaks

Quote Originally Posted by Hexe View Post
    She had also different set of clothes on. Different car, different clothing... Is it the same person?
    I think so because the change of clothes and silver car were mentioned on the Find Karen FB page. I believe the timeline shows a withdrawal from the ATM in Dallas, then a Walmart Superstore in Greensboro and then later at the gas station back in Charlotte. Wonder why the back tracking? Strange. JMO

los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Very strange case. It seems her car has not been found but she was seen on gas station video in Charlotte on Old Statesville Rd. 3/4/16 8:30PM in a different vehicle (silver midsize to compact) acting disoriented. I hope she is found safe.

hi neighbor!! yes her debit card was used and it's mention in the article.
    we need to encourage harder sentencing on those that are harming our children. our children are worth it!!

stop the circus!! these children as all children deserve to be found and justice brought forth for what has happened to them!!

IMO the article mentions her birthday the day before and everything seems normal. I know my hubby doesn't pick up on my tiny hints either. I have never skipped work or did something like this.
    I would really check with all girlfriends at work, old HS or college friends or people she has met outside of work or hubby. Someone is helping her...seems like closer to her work location. They do NOT get how serious this is for her or her hubby.

Quote Originally Posted by savagewoman View Post
    IMO the article mentions her birthday the day before and everything seems normal. I know my hubby doesn't pick up on my tiny hints either. I have never skipped work or did something like this.
    I would really check with all girlfriends at work, old HS or college friends or people she has met outside of work or hubby. Someone is helping her...seems like closer to her work location. They do NOT get how serious this is for her or her hubby.
    Good ideas, I'll pass them along.

She told him she had arrived at work, something he would find was not true.
    http://www.gastongazette.com/article...NEWS/160309327
    Why would she do that?

Per the facebook page, she has been found safe in VA. Glad for a good outcome for this lady.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast