710 users online (77 members and 633 guests)  

Websleuths News

los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

China - Trapped for a month, woman in China dies in lift

Xi'an, Shaanxi, China -
    A woman from the central Chinese city of Xian has died in an elevator of the apartment building where she was living after remaining trapped in it for over a month.

The police found the woman's body, which had begun decomposing, on March 1, and launched an investigation, news portal NetEase reported on Sunday.

"The scene was inhumane. We think she starved to death in there," one of the residents, Xiao Lin, told reporters.

Another resident only named Wang said the elevator was full of markings of the victim's desperate attempts to get out.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/world/missing-...#ixzz42A2LuthA
    Follow us: @smh on Twitter | sydneymorningherald on Facebook
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

This is the stuff nightmares are made of. Poor lady. RIP.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    All posts are MOO!

I read this horrendous article yesterday I can't even imagine how this lady must have suffered. It's an unimaginable tragedy. May she rest in peace.
    The man in my avatar may have killed two innocent teenagers Abigail Williams and Liberty German. If you know who he is Please call the tip line. There is a reward of $250,000 - Tel- 844.459.5786 or email: abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com

The dead cannot cry out for justice. It is a duty of the living to do so for them. Lois McMaster Bujold.

Sooooo no one knew she was in there??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I always wondered why somebody doesn't do something about that. Then I realized I was somebody.

Lily Tomlin

My stomach just took a dive thinking about how this woman must have suffered. I can't imagine what she went thru....absolutely terrifying to think about.

http://local12.com/news/around-the-w...off-03-07-2016

Apparently they arrested the maintenance worker who cut off the power.

I always wondered why somebody doesn't do something about that. Then I realized I was somebody.

Lily Tomlin

This is at least the third case I can think of in the last year of people dying in Chinese elevators. They need some regulations over there. From the pictures it’s pretty apparent that the elevator and the building is pretty rundown and outdated.

Image Source

How did she drink water? One always passes from lack of water before food. And those survivalist tricks don't work for very long.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellie9 View Post
    How did she drink water? One always passes from lack of water before food. And those survivalist tricks don't work for very long.

Who says she drunk water? She died. Presumably from dehydration and starvation.
    Just my opinion

Well it says she was trapped for over a month. That's what confuses me. Also they report that she died of starvation rather than lack of fluids.

Im thinking she died a few days into her ordeal from lack of food and water, but no one knew her body was in there until they opened it to repair it weeks later. Awful. How could no one hear her in those first days? You'd think she banged and screamed? I know the article said people were away for the holiday, but no one was around at all?

Reminds me of this old video of this guy who was trapped for forty-one hours in an elevator in New York City.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellie9 View Post
    Well it says she was trapped for over a month. That's what confuses me. Also they report that she died of starvation rather than lack of fluids.

Her body was trapped for a month. She likely died long before body was discovered.
    Just my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Flonite View Post
    Im thinking she died a few days into her ordeal from lack of food and water, but no one knew her body was in there until they opened it to repair it weeks later. Awful. How could no one hear her in those first days? You'd think she banged and screamed? I know the article said people were away for the holiday, but no one was around at all?
    I have friends who have lived/worked in China for the last several years. I know that everything closes/shuts down completely and people return to their home places (from where they work) for about a months time at the beginning of the year. Regulations do not exist there as they do in other places.

Quote Originally Posted by jjenny View Post
    Her body was trapped for a month. She likely died long before body was discovered.
    That's what I was hoping to be honest. It's already a terrible death on its own, but somehow struggling on for a couple of weeks would be just unimaginable.