China - Trapped for a month, woman in China dies in lift

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Xi'an, Shaanxi, China -
A woman from the central Chinese city of Xian has died in an elevator of the apartment building where she was living after remaining trapped in it for over a month.

The police found the woman's body, which had begun decomposing, on March 1, and launched an investigation, news portal NetEase reported on Sunday.

"The scene was inhumane. We think she starved to death in there," one of the residents, Xiao Lin, told reporters.

Another resident only named Wang said the elevator was full of markings of the victim's desperate attempts to get out.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/world/missing...-vars-o&sa=D&usg=ALhdy28zsr6qiq#ixzz42A2LuthA
Follow us: @smh on Twitter | sydneymorningherald on Facebook

This is the stuff nightmares are made of. Poor lady. RIP.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I read this horrendous article yesterday I can't even imagine how this lady must have suffered. It's an unimaginable tragedy. May she rest in peace.

My stomach just took a dive thinking about how this woman must have suffered. I can't imagine what she went thru....absolutely terrifying to think about.

This is at least the third case I can think of in the last year of people dying in Chinese elevators. They need some regulations over there. From the pictures it’s pretty apparent that the elevator and the building is pretty rundown and outdated.

bu6OST2.jpg

[URL="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/china/12185000/Womans-body-found-in-China-lift-a-month-after-workers-switched-off-power.html”]Image Source[/URL]

How did she drink water? One always passes from lack of water before food. And those survivalist tricks don't work for very long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How did she drink water? One always passes from lack of water before food. And those survivalist tricks don't work for very long.

Who says she drunk water? She died. Presumably from dehydration and starvation.

Well it says she was trapped for over a month. That's what confuses me. Also they report that she died of starvation rather than lack of fluids.

Im thinking she died a few days into her ordeal from lack of food and water, but no one knew her body was in there until they opened it to repair it weeks later. Awful. How could no one hear her in those first days? You'd think she banged and screamed? I know the article said people were away for the holiday, but no one was around at all?

Reminds me of this old video of this guy who was trapped for forty-one hours in an elevator in New York City.

[video=youtube;p_bMhNI_TY8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_bMhNI_TY8[/video]

Well it says she was trapped for over a month. That's what confuses me. Also they report that she died of starvation rather than lack of fluids.

Her body was trapped for a month. She likely died long before body was discovered.

Im thinking she died a few days into her ordeal from lack of food and water, but no one knew her body was in there until they opened it to repair it weeks later. Awful. How could no one hear her in those first days? You'd think she banged and screamed? I know the article said people were away for the holiday, but no one was around at all?

I have friends who have lived/worked in China for the last several years. I know that everything closes/shuts down completely and people return to their home places (from where they work) for about a months time at the beginning of the year. Regulations do not exist there as they do in other places.

Her body was trapped for a month. She likely died long before body was discovered.

That's what I was hoping to be honest. It's already a terrible death on its own, but somehow struggling on for a couple of weeks would be just unimaginable.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chingona361
Back