1102 users online (224 members and 878 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Canada - Unidentified boy, 8-13, Orillia ON, 6 Mar 2016

This just came thru on our TV:

Ontario Provincial Police have issued an amber alert after a young boy was abducted in Orillia.

They described the child as a white male, 8-13 years old with thin build. He was wearing a dark blue winter coat with neon green accents, matching snow pants, dark winter boots and winter hat.
    MORE HERE: http://globalnews.ca/news/2561041/am...ed-in-orillia/

(posted quickly - please fix if I've left anything out!)

I'm not far from there. Do you suppose this is a case where someone saw something hinky? Why wouldn't they be more specific of the age of the child, if they knew?

From what I'm reading they interrupted nearly EVERY channel on Ontario tv programming.

EDIT: wanted to add, the sad face is for the BOY, not that they interrupted tv shows. I really don't care about tv shows - but the folks on reddit are freaking out about it.

Lexiintoronto is online now Behind every successful man is a woman rolling her eyes.

Canada - ORILLIA, - AMBER ALERT Unidentified Child apparent abduction EMERGENCY ALERT

Child: white male, 8-13 years old, thin build. Dark blue winter coat with neon green accents, matching snow pants, dark winter boots and winter hat

Abductor: 5' 11", white male, medium build, dark thick hair, wearing a black jacket with blue jeans.

Vehicle: Toyota Sequoia, Silver in colour

Location last observed: Bond Street at West Street, Orillia, Ontario. Vehicle last seen southbound on West St

Unknown destination

So someone "observed an incident," where a child was "removed." I hope it's not what they thought.

http://www.cp24.com/news/opp-issue-a...llia-1.2806220

Lexiintoronto is online now Behind every successful man is a woman rolling her eyes.
    Any information, please contact 911

Police contact: Cst Jim Edwards, Orillia OPP

The OPP's post on this: http://www.opp.ca/ecms/index.php?id=445

I typed the information as it came through on my tv Emergency Alert. Will post as soon as more information is available. (It is the first time I've seen this type of alert while watching TV).

http://www.cp24.com/news/opp-issue-a...llia-1.2806220

Ontario Provincial Police have issued an Amber Alert after an incident involving a child in Orillia Sunday.
    OPP received a call shortly before 6 p.m. about an incident at the intersection of West Street South and Bond Street in Orillia.
    A caller told police that a man had an interaction with a child before the child was “removed” in a newer model grey Toyota Sequoia sport utility vehicle.
    The child is described as being between 8 and 11 years old and was wearing a blue/green neon winter jacket with dark pants and a toque.
    The man is described as white, standing five-foot-eleven-inches tall, clean shaven, wearing a dark jacket and blue jeans.
    Police did not immediately provide any further information about the incident.
    Police are asking anyone with information to contact the Orillia OPP at 1-888-310-1122 or Call Crime Stoppers anonymously at 1-800- 222-TIPS

C'mon, Orillia. I know it's 10:31 pm, but let's get out there. The roads and sidewalks are clear. I'm far from you, but emergency vehicles are buzzing around.

Emergency Alert is still on.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexiintoronto View Post
    I typed the information as it came through on my tv Emergency Alert. Will post as soon as more information is available. (It is the first time I've seen this type of alert while watching TV).
    First time we've ever seen it too. It was rather disturbing.

I can't remember the last time I heard an Amber Alert interrupt TV programming...but I was glad to hear it ...that they were making everyone aware!

Who is this child? Since this happened more than 4 hours ago I presume that the parents will contact police shortly so that they can identify this boy.
    Keeping my fingers crossed that they find him soon and that the event wasn't what LE thought it might be!!
    Any man's death diminishes me,
    Because I am involved in mankind,
    Therefore, send not to know, for whom the bell tolls;
    It tolls for thee.
    ~John Dunne

#TeamCivilization

Google Map of area where child was abducted:

https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Wes...daddcc64ca1f98

The high pitched alert tone completely freaked my 12 yr old out. She thought it was like the emergency tornado alert we were under in Montana last summer & she immediately went into panic mode

I'm 100% for Amber alerts but I wasn't too happy about that part. I just hope they find this boy FAST, and that he's okay.

****POSSIBLE***** (STOCK PHOTO) of vehicle used in abduction

2012_toyota_sequoia_picture (54).jpg

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast