844 users online (135 members and 709 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

PA - Jacob Rogers, 37, Philadelphia, 25 Nov 2015

Jacob Rogers

Family Says Man Disappeared From 30th Street Station

30th Street Station, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania -
    It has been months since the family of Tacony resident Jacob Rogers has heard from him, and the Philadelphia Police Department is asking for help in locating the 37-year-old man.

According to police, Rogersí family last spoke with him on Thanksgiving, when he said he was at 30th Street Station picking up a ticket to travel to Charleston, West Virginia, but when the train showed up, Rogers was nowhere to be found.

Police say that there is no indication that Rogers made it to the ticket counter or that he was actually on the train, and he hasn't touched his bank account since November 25th, the day before he was reportedly at 30th Street. His phone is not in service.

Read more at http://www.phillymag.com/news/2016/0...5oVIT5V185S.99
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

30th street station is right beside Schulylkill river...

Where are you Jacob?

Wonder if he was initially intending heading home to his family in Charlestown for Thanksgiving.

But no bank account activity or cell phone not in use is concerning.

If he did fall in the Sculykill River that could take him right down to Delaware River. and goodness knows where.

Poor man, hope they find him soon.

still missing:
    http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/201...-thanksgiving/

Jacob Rogers is 6’1″, about 195 pounds, with blonde hair and blue eyes. His right eyebrow and left ear are pierced, he has a soul patch, and a wispy growth of hair from his chin that at one point was dyed blue.

I wonder how long before the family reported him missing or if they even reported him missing. Maybe a close friend became worried and called it in.

Phillyvoice.com says he lives at 2000 block of E. Madison st. Quickest way to 30th st station is by the Market-Frankford line. He would've gotten on right at Kensington and Allegheny. Kensington is NOT a good area, especially right under the MFL line. Google maps shows a few banks on Allegheny right by the MFL stop. Maybe they have video? I don't know how long they would save recordings like that for. JMOO. Hope he is fine

30th street is normally a nuthouse around Thanksgiving, with lots of activity. I spent over 10 years in that area at school and work, and road the trains many a time. I would agree that there is a greater likelihood that he got jumped or robbed on his way. Are they sure he made it to the station?

So he was there on Thanksgiving night. You know, I know it is crazy the days before Thanksgiving, but the actual night might be different. If I had to guess, if he had a problem, I would bet it happened on the L train, or outside the station.

The station would have cameras, right? Riding public transportation at night in those parts is sometimes taking your life into your hands. I never liked being downtown by myself at night, much less taking the L back and forth towards the Lower Northeast.

If I had to guess, I am saying foul play.

It is concerning that this guy was not reporting missing for 4 months.

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyGirl View Post
    still missing:
    http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/201...-thanksgiving/

Jacob Rogers is 6’1″, about 195 pounds, with blonde hair and blue eyes. His right eyebrow and left ear are pierced, he has a soul patch, and a wispy growth of hair from his chin that at one point was dyed blue.
    Snipped...
    ...Police say 37-year-old Jacob Rogers last spoke with his family around 9 Thanksgiving night, saying he was at 30th Street Station to pick up a one-way ticket they’d bought, so he could visit them in Charleston, West Virginia.

The train left the next morning, but when it arrived in Charleston that night, Rogers wasn’t on it. And police say they’re no evidence he ever got on the train or even picked up the ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by pappa rob View Post
    Snipped...
    ...Rogers was expected to pick up a one-way Amtrak ticket for travel from Philadelphia, PA to Charleston, WV with a departure on Friday, November 27, 2015, at 8:15 am.

Why did he make a special trip for the ticket? Couldn't he pick up his ticket Friday morning?

PA - Jacob Rogers, 37, Philadelphia, 25 November 2015

I think the appeal they're doing now to find Jacob is a fresh appeal to find him as they were initially trying to locate him 18th December.

http://www.fox29.com/news/local-news/58612083-story

There's still no further updates for him though...
    Last edited by pinklilies; 03-10-2016 at 07:55 PM.

image.jpeg

http://www.fox29.com/news/local-news/58612083-story

There's no update on Jacob but posted this as think it's a really nice photo of him.
    Last edited by pinklilies; 03-13-2016 at 03:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TMAN2014 View Post
    Why did he make a special trip for the ticket? Couldn't he pick up his ticket Friday morning?

If I understand this correctly, I don't think he made a special trip.

I think something happened after 9:00 pm Thursday night (the 26th) and before 8:15 am Friday morning (the 27th).

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast