Dr Phil and his Diet: Class Action Lawsuit

mysteriew

A diamond in process
Reaction score
Three unhappy customers suing TV psychologist "Dr. Phil" McGraw over his now discontinued Shape Up! diet plan have asked that the case be given national class-action status to include thousands of potential plaintiffs.

The Superior Court suit was filed last year claiming McGraw defrauded fans with his yearlong venture into the diet supplement business.

A judge could rule on the request for class-action status early next year.
http://www.fresnobee.com/state_wire/story/11301607p-12051125c.html

Interesting! This man Oprah's protegee, seems to be less than honest regarding a number of his 'Productions" The Katrina victims '"The Aruba boycott" Now This!.. People who want credibility should stay away from him!!! :hand:

Taking weight loss tips from Dr. Phil would be like going to a drug rehab started by Courtney Love. Anyone in their right mind could look at the dude and figure out that he knows ziltch about weight loss.

Did anyone hear about Dr. Phil's melt down at David Letterman's show a week ago or so? Apparently he was in make up getting ready toappear when he found out he was not the first guest. He threw a fit and threatened to leave, demanded to be first :rolleyes:

Casshew said:
Did anyone hear about Dr. Phil's melt down at David Letterman's show a week ago or so? Apparently he was in make up getting ready toappear when he found out he was not the first guest. He threw a fit and threatened to leave, demanded to be first :rolleyes:
I haven't heard or read that anywhere. I can't find anything online, either. Not to say I'd put it past him.

Dark Knight said:
I haven't heard or read that anywhere. I can't find anything online, either. Not to say I'd put it past him.
This was posted on Jossip last month:

• Dr. Phil blew up backstage at David Letterman when producers informed him he'd play second fiddle to U.S. Open champ Roger Federer. He obviously didn't have one of his self-help books on hand.

Tom'sGirl said:

• Dr. Phil blew up backstage at David Letterman when producers informed him he'd play second fiddle to U.S. Open champ Roger Federer. He obviously didn't have one of his self-help books on hand.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Just when you need it!

I don't like Dr. Phil.. he seems like a phoney...

This lawsuit reminds of the one where people tried to sue the fast food industry for making them obese - or the smokers who try to sue the tobacco industry for giving them lung cancer. :boohoo:

Tom'sGirl said:

This link works better

SimonSays said:
This lawsuit reminds of the one where people tried to sue the fast food industry for making them obese - or the smokers who try to sue the tobacco industry for giving them lung cancer. :boohoo:
Wonder if anyone has sued because they sit/sat too long at their computers participating in Message Boards giving them back aches, broad asses, vision problems, weight gain or becoming too informed & intelligent :doh:

Tom'sGirl said:
Wonder if anyone has sued because they sit/sat too long at their computers participating in Message Boards giving them back aches, broad asses, vision problems, weight gain or becoming too informed & intelligent :doh:
broad asses? who me?:banghead:

LOL TG you crack me up!

Tom'sGirl said:
:eek: :eek: :blushing:

I can't blame Dr. Phil for my internet addiction but I do think that if I search long and hard enough I will find someone to sue. Maybe Bill Gates as he has a lot of money and Windows is his baby :D The good Lord knows I could use a few extra bucks in my pocket ;)

I just posted a thread about Dr. Phil and didn't even know this one was up. I visited a friend in a rehab center this weekend and encountered a girl that I think Dr. Phil is exploiting. The thread is in the Jury Room and I would love for you to read my rant and email Dr. Phil if you feel like it. I know it probably won't do any good, but I'm not one to keep my mouth shut! I emailed the show and very respectfully told him off.

I don't watch his show, but the little bits of pieces of him I have seen bother me a little. Hey, I tell it like it is, but I hope I don't come off as such an a$$hole!
Plus, I have a problem with therapy on TV. It just doesn't work for me!
:croc:

sariebell said:
I just posted a thread about Dr. Phil and didn't even know this one was up. I visited a friend in a rehab center this weekend and encountered a girl that I think Dr. Phil is exploiting. The thread is in the Jury Room and I would love for you to read my rant and email Dr. Phil if you feel like it. I know it probably won't do any good, but I'm not one to keep my mouth shut! I emailed the show and very respectfully told him off.

I don't watch his show, but the little bits of pieces of him I have seen bother me a little. Hey, I tell it like it is, but I hope I don't come off as such an a$$hole!
Plus, I have a problem with therapy on TV. It just doesn't work for me!
:croc:

You aren't off the wall. This canned psychotherapy doesn't work for me either. My brother was recently hospitilized in a mental institution. He has very serious issues. No info, none. Since this time he has threatened several family members. Myself included. All of the siblings are on the same page as far as permanently institutionalizing him but my parents say no at this time. This is a time bomb waiting for detonation. I am sure that I will be posting in crimes in the news....My parents murdered....or some such. It won't be the rest of us as no one will go around them at all.

Bobbisangel said:
I can't blame Dr. Phil for my internet addiction but I do think that if I search long and hard enough I will find someone to sue. Maybe Bill Gates as he has a lot of money and Windows is his baby :D The good Lord knows I could use a few extra bucks in my pocket ;)

Hmmm....
interesting thought...
I sure could use some
extra money,too.;)
j/k

love,

Ariel:D

Jeana (DP) said:
Taking weight loss tips from Dr. Phil would be like going to a drug rehab started by Courtney Love. Anyone in their right mind could look at the dude and figure out that he knows ziltch about weight loss.
And anyone listening to him should know he knows nothing about psychology.
Quack!

Tom'sGirl said:

Hey, can we get a class action suit going? ROFL.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BossJoss
Back