746 users online (71 members and 675 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

GA - Tom Jones, 54, Ellijay, 4 March 2016

54-year-old Tom Jones was last seen on Friday, March 4 around 10 a.m. He was driving a black 2015 Dodge Ram and left Ellijay headed to the Atlanta area to purchase a hot tub from someone.

However, he has not been seen or heard from since he left.

http://www.11alive.com/story/news/lo...-man/81422136/

Oh Christ. I don't want to have negative thoughts but this made me think of Bud and June Runion. Does anyone have any details about the seller of the hot tub? Did he contact them about purchase or did they contact him? Have there been any cellphone activity or possible sightings?

I would look off of both sides of the highway (515) for tire marks, especially the right side, since he was headed south. Possibly had a medical incident and he could be in a culvert or in the woods.
    Perhaps they are not stars in the sky, but rather openings, where our loved ones shine down to let us know they are happy.

Looks like he is in the spa/hot tub business:

http://www.gilmerchamber.com/ribbon-...bile-spas-inc/

Wonder if this is related to missing person TJ? I realize he went missing from Ellijay, on the way to Atlanta, but...I don't find any missing persons for the Savannah, GA area.

http://savannahnow.com/crime/2016-03...y-sunday-night
    Perhaps they are not stars in the sky, but rather openings, where our loved ones shine down to let us know they are happy.

I'm hoping the Savannah incident is unrelated to Tom. I'm from an hour south of Savannah but heard about him being missing through a Savannah area site. I'm also reading now that this wasn't a Craigslist issue, rather he was in the hot tub business, so I felt a bit better knowing that. My husband travels frequently through the Atlanta area for work and there are some rural areas that we pass through and our cell phones drain rapidly, going from LTE to 3G, then 1x, then nothing. I can't speak for the Ellijay area that he was traveling in, but there are so many rural highways that it would be so easy to get lost on and end up stranded. These Georgia cases always get me. I hope someone can trace his route and keep an eye out for anywhere he may have pulled over, if he was lost or had a medical issue.

Ellijay to Atlanta is a straight shot down 515/575 South. There's a good many cars on the road during the day, and gets more crowded as you go south. Ellijay, Jasper, Canton, Woodstock etc... It's always possible that someone could drive off the road unnoticed, but more likely someone would have seen them. What happened before he got on 515, or after he got off is really important, but no one seems to know where he was going. He WAS supposed to make a stop at a supplier he visits regularly, but he never made it there. I wonder if that stop was going to be before, or after, the stop to see the hot tub that was for sale.

I work in Ellijay, but I don't know Mr. Jones. I've just been reading the FB posts on the Gilmer Sheriff's page. Sounds like TJ was a nice man, and well liked. I hope they find him very soon.

The last time Leticia Jones saw her husband was Friday at 10 a.m. He was walking out the door to go meet someone about possibly buying a hot tub, and he had to go to Norcross that day to purchase some chemicals and filters for his store. But he never came back.

"I knew something was wrong when he didn't come to the store and I kept texting him. What's wrong honey? Where are you at? No response," said Leticia Jones.

Jones said Tom never made it to the store in Norcross. As to who her husband was meeting, she doesn't know. She's combed over call logs at the store, but still no answers. And she believes this person could have information she needs to find her husband.

Jones said her husband was just looking at the hot tub, and he didn't have cash on him to purchase one. She doesn't believe her husband just walked out on the family.

http://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/102770689-story

Just checking in. There are not any updates in the news.

Where are you TJ?

I am checking into the person found in Savannah, white male, appears to be in his 50's. Will post any info I receive.

Quote Originally Posted by m1nn0w View Post
    The admins are doing a great job of keeping folks updated, IMO. One of the replies to the post by the admins at 4:49 PM on Wed., Mar. 9th is very informative, but after reading it, my stomach sank ... .

In the latest update, a local business camera spotted his truck heading toward his home at 10:09 am last Friday. They are asking for volunteers to search.

I would check all along that highway, both sides, down in culverts especially.

Hope today is the day TJ is found.

The clothing on the person found in Savannah does NOT match the clothing TJ had on when last seen...

He could have had an incident with an animal and accidentally drove off the road on his way home. He will probably be found 1 - 2 miles from his home. This doesn't look good.

I hope he's still in his truck just waiting to be rescued.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast