1003 users online (203 members and 800 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Lana Rae Meisner, wife of Eagles founder Randy Meisner killed

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/...ry?id=37463566

The police report declared, "After a thorough investigation by Valley Bureau detective personnel and the Los Angeles Coroner’s Office, it was determined that Mrs. Meisner’s death was accidental

The LAPD also confirmed they'd visited the Meisners' home earlier the same day, noting that at around 5:30 p.m. local time, officers responded to "a radio call of a woman asking for police assistance for a possibly intoxicated male suspect" at the home. "The officers took a domestic violence incident report and left the location," the report stated.

So the police are called out to the house at 5:30pm on a domestic violence call, and then (snipped from above):

"...it was determined that Mrs. Meisner’s death was accidental. Mrs. Meisner was moving a rifle that was stored inside a case in a closet. As she lifted the rifle in the case, another item within the case shifted and hit the trigger of the rifle causing it to fire and fatally injure Mrs. Meisner."

What are the odds? Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Koshka View Post
    So the police are called out to the house at 5:30pm on a domestic violence call, and then (snipped from above):

"...it was determined that Mrs. Meisner’s death was accidental. Mrs. Meisner was moving a rifle that was stored inside a case in a closet. As she lifted the rifle in the case, another item within the case shifted and hit the trigger of the rifle causing it to fire and fatally injure Mrs. Meisner."

What are the odds? Seriously.
    CNN had an article... something about a murder suicide in the past. I hate to say it but it sounds like they were a bit quick to clear this as an accident. IMO

http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/07/entert...eat/index.html

"The details of the domestic disturbance are unknown. TMZ reported Randy was "acting erratically" and waving a BB gun, but police did not confirm those details."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.2555313

http://www.tmz.com/2016/03/07/eagles...randy-meisner/

"We're told at 4:45 AM Monday Randy was taken to the hospital after "acting in an altered state." "

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2016/03/07/eagles...#ixzz42FV4eVZQ

says she 'accidentally' shot herself after a drunken domestic disturbance ... in a closet.

hmmm...

Lana Rae Meisner, 63, called the cops around 5:30 p.m. to report a drunken man in their Studio City house. Police took a domestic violence report and left without incident.

But Randy Meisner, 69, called police about 90 minutes later, saying his wife had been shot. His wife died in a closet after a rifle accidentally fired, hitting her in the face or head. She had tried lifting the gun from a case, but another item in the case hit the trigger and pulled it.

Randy was in another part of the house when the gun went off.

The couple had faced bizarre turmoil in the past year. A conservatorship court battle in July revealed Randy Meisner had threatened murder-suicide with an AK-47 while staying at an Encino hospital earlier that year. But he did not have a weapon with him at the time.

The case alleged the one-time Eagle had been diagnosed with bipolar disorder.

One of his friends, James Newton, said in the case Meisner's wife ignored the star's health problems and battles with substance abuse. She allegedly kept her husband in a "state of near-constant inebriation" while wasting his royalties. Lana Meisner stormed out of the courtroom when a judge appointed a temporary guardian for her husband.

The rock star's lawyer said the reports of mental problems were "widely overblown," and Randy told TMZ the couple was "doing great."

Newton said in a statement Monday he "continues to be concerned about Randy," and is "focused on getting him the support he needs."

http://www.laweekly.com/news/death-o...n-case-6684604

Ed Winter, assistant chief of the L.A. County Department of Medical Examiner-Coroner, told us today, "Our investigation is ongoing."
    Asked if coroner's investigators agreed that Meisner's death was an accident, he replied, "No, we didn't."
    "After a thorough investigation by Valley Bureau detective personnel and the Los Angeles coroner’s office, it was determined that Mrs. Meisner’s death was accidental," LAPD said in its statement.
    But Winter said, "We make the final determination as far as cause of death is concerned. The autopsy is still pending. We won't even be conducting the autopsy for the next couple days."

Being I am naive having never shot a weapon, doesn't it take a bit of force for the trigger to go off?

Could the rifle have been jimmy-rigged inside the case to go off if the case was moved? Or this whole story is another case of a well known person gets off, free and clear?!

It sounds too suspicious to me . .

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyGirl View Post
    The couple had faced bizarre turmoil in the past year. A conservatorship court battle in July revealed Randy Meisner had threatened murder-suicide with an AK-47 while staying at an Encino hospital earlier that year. But he did not have a weapon with him at the time.

The case alleged the one-time Eagle had been diagnosed with bipolar disorder.

One of his friends, James Newton, said in the case Meisner's wife ignored the star's health problems and battles with substance abuse. She allegedly kept her husband in a "state of near-constant inebriation" while wasting his royalties. Lana Meisner stormed out of the courtroom when a judge appointed a temporary guardian for her husband.

The rock star's lawyer said the reports of mental problems were "widely overblown," and Randy told TMZ the couple was "doing great."

Newton said in a statement Monday he "continues to be concerned about Randy," and is "focused on getting him the support he needs."

Wait, so she was responsible for her husband's addiction? smh
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

No way. This is absurd that LE isn't saying they are investigating this still. I don't believe in coincidence's. Especially 90 min. After a domestic call to the house. So many questions. I thought there would be more replying to this considering 'our' collective suspicious nature here.

Hi all,

I am an Eagles fan and a fan of Randy Meisner. This situation is really so, so sad for all involved. First, if you search around the internet you will find bits of information regarding the conservatorship petition filed in the CA courts last year. A temporary conservatorship for medical care was granted by a Judge in Randy's case. A petition was filed for a total financial conservatorship, but was denied. Apparently there was compelling evidence that his wife was not attending to his medical needs for various reasons, one was him needing cataract surgery which was performed under the medical conservatorship. Catherine Falk (daughter of actor, Peter Falk) advised Randy and his attorneys in an attempt to block complete conservatorship because Randy would lose all rights to his money and how it was spent. Cathherine is very involved using her organization to fight for new laws in CA and several other states to change conservatorship laws to protect people with large amounts of assets and resources from losing control over their assets.
    Last edited by monet; 03-09-2016 at 01:01 AM.

In addition, I have read in 2 articles that LAPD stated there were CCTV cameras in the home and I suspect this was what provided the definitive proof that this was indeed a horrible accident. I can't provide links because I've read so many I can't remember what sites they were on, sorry mods, delete if I'm not in line with the rules.

I too am a huge Randy Meisner fan and had a huge crush on him back in the day...
    I believe this is what Monet is alluding to ...I have followed this for years now and it's been a very dicey situation at best....

http://patch.com/california/echopark...ds-conservator

There's much more out there ...and I don't want to make it seem I am excusing the fact that Lana is dead...just pointing out that this is not a surprise to anyone who has followed this couples situation for years...I would have to dig for links ...but it's all out there if you look for it...
    It breaks my heart to see that sweet, charming little hottie with the golden voice that was my favorite Eagle to have fallen so far...I only pray that he can overcome this...and if he is guilty of wrong doing, then he will of course have to pay the price..so damn sad...
    Last edited by cubbeegirl; 03-09-2016 at 02:15 AM.

EXCLUSIVE: Eagles founder Randy Meisner's wife was killed when pair of spurs from his cowboy boots moved in a rifle case as she lifted it, causing gun to go off

Lana Meisner died when she accidentally discharged a rifle at the Studio City, Los Angeles, home she shared with Randy Meisner

Police sources reveal how freak accident was caused by spurs from a pair of cowboy boots

She had called 911 and been visited by police just 90 minutes earlier after accusing the Eagles founder, 69, of domestic violence

Court papers reveal troubled marriage, with his adult children accusing former waitress, 63, of abusing and manipulating the bassist

Papers claim Lana refused to spend on Randy's health care and instead went on luxury cruises, had plastic surgery and a lavish new kitchen

'She would ply Randy with alcohol as he was 'easier to control' when drunk and then get him to sign important letters and documents'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz42NyV8Xrf

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast