CA - Louis, 95, & Rose Giuntini, 92, murdered, Apple Valley, 29 Feb 2016

JoeFromLB

Reaction score
March 1, 2016

APPLE VALLEY — Authorities began a homicide investigation after an elderly Apple Valley couple was found dead inside their home Monday afternoon.
San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department officials on Tuesday identified Louis Giuntini, 95, and Rose Giuntini, 92, both of Apple Valley, as the man and woman found dead inside a home in the 19900 block of Outer Highway 18.
Sheriff's spokeswoman Jodi Miller told the Daily Press on Tuesday afternoon the Giuntinis were homicide victims, but didn't provide specifics.

http://www.vvdailypress.com/article/20160301/NEWS/160309988

This is so very sad. Another elderly couple killed - why? Louis, at 95, was still playing golf....

When I joined Websleuths approximately 8 or so years ago, it was almost unheard of for an elderly couple to be murdered. Now it seems like every other thread is about another elderly couple being harmed or murdered. Just makes me ill. This couple was over 90 years old FGS. It's so wrong and breaks my heart.

From May:

DNA links man to murders

http://www.vvdailypress.com/news/20160504/dna-links-man-to-murders

More than two months after an elderly couple was murdered in their home, authorities said DNA evidence has connected a single suspect to the crime, as well as other crimes in the Apple Valley area.

San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department officials said Keon Bailey, 20, of Lancaster, was the sole suspect responsible for the deaths of Louis and Rose Giuntini after DNA results were received Wednesday to connect him to the crimes.

Bailey was also connected to three other crimes in the Apple Valley area that occurred before and after the slayings, and another robbery in Long Beach during a crime spree he began just days after he was released from prison.

Memorial bench dedicated in honor of Apple Valley residents - November 22

With the 9th green and their former home visible in the distance, Louis and Rose Giuntini were honored Tuesday at the Apple Valley Golf Course with the dedication of a bench installed in the couple's memory.

The ceremony came nearly nine months after the Giuntinis were murdered in a home-invasion robbery, and family members were on hand to celebrate the pair who were staples at the former Apple Valley Country Club.

The Giuntinis' grandson, Marc Smith - who remembered visiting the golf course as a child - described the dedication as a fitting way to honor his grandparents.

"They spent so much time here," he said. "... My grandpa, until he was 95, was here three days a week golfing ...; and it's just remarkable that he could do that. And then my grandma, at her age, could walk around this whole course. But above and beyond that they were even more remarkable people ...; They loved to walk around here together."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back