1263 users online (213 members and 1050 guests)  

Websleuths News

MD - Garnell Moore, 7, Baltimore, Aug 2002

I stumbled across Garnell's case, and can't believe we don't have a discussion thread for him already!

In June 2005 Garnell's extended family realized that none of them had seen him for a long time, so they asked Belinda Cash where he was. Belinda Cash is Garnell's paternal aunt, and she had been raising him prior to his disappearance. She made unconvincing excuses about him being on a school trip, so the family contacted the police.

Cash told the police that she had no longer wanted to care for Garnell, so she left him on the steps of a social services building in the 500 block of north Hilton Street near Edmondson Avenue in West Baltimore. The police found that the address Cash gave does not exist.

One of Garnell's Great Aunts remembers seeing him in August 2002, and that is the last known sighting of Garnell.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...arnell%20Moore

moore_garnell.jpg
    Last edited by Rayemonde; 03-07-2016 at 09:06 PM.

Garnell's NamUs profile: https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/2271/0/

Not being reported for three years is just awful. Thank you for starting this thread, Rayemonde.

I've hardly been able to find any information about Garnell's case. I can't believe his aunt wasn't charged with anything, given her story to the police about leaving him on the steps of a building that didn't exist...

I'm guessing auntie is guilty of murder and can't believe nothing has been done about this. What a sad situation, if you don't want the kid call relatives first. I'm sure someone would have taken him, he is adorable.

Oh my goodness. Poor little boy- some kids do it way too tough. He doesn't deserve to just be forgotten. Thank you for the thread. xx

Snipped from the Charleyproject.org page:

Garnell's family contacted police, who interviewed Cash. She stated she had no longer wanted to care for Garnell and so left him on the steps of a social services building in the 500 block of north Hilton Street near Edmondson Avenue in West Baltimore. In their investigation into Garnell's disappearance, authorities discovered the address Cash gave is fictitious.
    I cannot wrap my head around this aunt getting away with child endangerment. At a minimum, she should have been locked up for outright lying to LE. Instead, she walked away without a care in the world. I just cannot.....

Dear Garnell, if your worthless aunt did not murder you, I hope someone out there provided you with a loving environment. I know, wishful thinking and ignoring the obvious.
    We are here to help. I will do my best to not cause any hindrance, in any manner.
    I will at times, "think out loud." I have done this since I can remember.
    I will share my opinions. Thoughts. Insights. And I encourage everyone else to do the same.
    Let's find them, and bring them home!

We Are All One Human Race!