MD MD - Garnell Moore, 7, Baltimore, Aug 2002

Rayemonde

Reaction score
I stumbled across Garnell's case, and can't believe we don't have a discussion thread for him already!

In June 2005 Garnell's extended family realized that none of them had seen him for a long time, so they asked Belinda Cash where he was. Belinda Cash is Garnell's paternal aunt, and she had been raising him prior to his disappearance. She made unconvincing excuses about him being on a school trip, so the family contacted the police.

Cash told the police that she had no longer wanted to care for Garnell, so she left him on the steps of a social services building in the 500 block of north Hilton Street near Edmondson Avenue in West Baltimore. The police found that the address Cash gave does not exist.

One of Garnell's Great Aunts remembers seeing him in August 2002, and that is the last known sighting of Garnell.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...10)-Baltimore-MD-2005&highlight=Garnell Moore

moore_garnell.jpg

I've hardly been able to find any information about Garnell's case. I can't believe his aunt wasn't charged with anything, given her story to the police about leaving him on the steps of a building that didn't exist...

I'm guessing auntie is guilty of murder and can't believe nothing has been done about this. What a sad situation, if you don't want the kid call relatives first. I'm sure someone would have taken him, he is adorable.

Oh my goodness. Poor little boy- some kids do it way too tough. He doesn't deserve to just be forgotten. Thank you for the thread. xx

Snipped from the Charleyproject.org page:

Garnell's family contacted police, who interviewed Cash. She stated she had no longer wanted to care for Garnell and so left him on the steps of a social services building in the 500 block of north Hilton Street near Edmondson Avenue in West Baltimore. In their investigation into Garnell's disappearance, authorities discovered the address Cash gave is fictitious.

I cannot wrap my head around this aunt getting away with child endangerment. At a minimum, she should have been locked up for outright lying to LE. Instead, she walked away without a care in the world. I just cannot.....

Dear Garnell, if your worthless aunt did not murder you, I hope someone out there provided you with a loving environment. I know, wishful thinking and ignoring the obvious. :rose:

13 years later, aunt still hopeful about finding missing nephew
According to Georgie, Moore was living with his dad during this time. Georgie said she requested time to see Moore and his father said that he was now living with his aunt.

Georgie went to her last known address, but was unable to find her. She continued searching for her and even got the police involved and they were still unable to find her.

When Georgie finally did locate her, she said Moore's paternal aunt told her that she had taken him to the steps of the social service office in Baltimore and left him there. Georgie said that information has never been confirmed.

Now 13 years later, Georgie just wants justice. It breaks her heart to know that a piece of her family is missing.

"I have no closure," she said. "We have no idea if he's dead or alive."

Even though, Georgie feels like she has done all she can, she said the system has failed her because no one is doing anything to find her nephew.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghost246
Back