1127 users online (248 members and 879 guests)  

Websleuths News

los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

TX - Joseph Hopkins, 31, Camp Hope, Harris County, 24 Feb 2016

Joseph Daniel Hopkins

Friends, family search for missing veteran

Camp Hope, Harris County, Texas -
    Concerned family members are desperately searching for a brain-injured veteran who walked away from Camp Hope in northwest Harris County two and a half weeks ago with only his wallet and the clothes on his back.

Joseph Daniel Hopkins, 31, served three tours in Iraq and Afghanistan. His family says he suffered a traumatic brain injury when a bomb exploded under his vehicle. Monica Hopkins Key says her nephew has struggled with PTSD and dependency issues ever since, often hoping that the next stop, the next treatment center, will finally bring him a solution and peace.

“He came back a changed man. He was very strong before, and they are just terrorized in their minds,” Hopkins Key said. She says his travels in search of that solution have taken him to Georgia and even New York where for a time he lived in a homeless shelter.

Most recently, since at least November, he was among dozens of veterans being treated at the PTSD Foundation’s Camp Hope in northwest Harris County. But while the facility, which has fellow veterans counseling each other, has experienced great success it is not a locked campus.The veterans are free to come and go if they wish.

Hopkins walked away Feb. 24.

http://www.khou.com/story/news/local...eran/81459522/
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

This breaks my heart. All those men and woman fighting for our freedom half way round the world then they get home and have to relive all those horrors over and over. I sure hope he's okay

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetgrits View Post
    This breaks my heart. All those men and woman fighting for our freedom half way round the world then they get home and have to relive all those horrors over and over. I sure hope he's okay
    Our poor veterans seriously do not get the help they should 😕
    I'm sad that we have another one missing.

His missing warrior alert on Facebook :

https://m.facebook.com/MISSINGWARRIO...49342401899564

How sad that the Government can't take care of the people that suffer for it. I hope he's found safe.

First line says he was found safe, but article goes on about him being missing...

5:57 a.m. CST March 8, 2016
    635929755082274269-missing-veteran-poster.JPG
    (Photo: KHOU)
    HOUSTON - A Houston family says Joseph Daniel Hopkins was found safe overnight, this after he was reported missing.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiritecho View Post

First line says he was found safe, but article goes on about him being missing...
    I think the rest of the article was just a recap of him being missing, but it definitely states he's been found safe, Woo-hoo! Hopefully, he can get the help he needs to fully recover.

That's great..