Found Deceased OH - Joey LaBute, 26, Columbus, 4 March 2016 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Joey LaBute
Cc6aDj4WoAAmf3Q.jpg

Family frantic after 26-year-old man goes missing

Columbus, Ohio -
"The assumption was he'd be right back."

That's what Joey LaBute's friends and cousins thought when Joe LaBute left the table to go to the bar.

Days later, they've found his car, but they can't find him.

LaBute's parents say they haven't heard from him since Friday night when the 26-year-old went with his cousins to Union restaurant and bar in the Short North neighborhood.

https://www.facebook.com/labute1

http://myfox28columbus.com/news/local/family-frantic-after-26-year-old-man-goes-missing

LaBute's father, Joe, has come up from Cincinnati to help look for his son. "He got up and said he was going to get a drink at the bar. And then he didn't come back," he said.

His father says LaBute's apartment, car and bank account appear untouched.

He's described as:

5' 11"

Brown hair

Brown eyes

LaBute's 2004 Mitsubishi Lancer was found where, his friends say, he parked it Friday night.

http://myfox28columbus.com/news/local/family-frantic-after-26-year-old-man-goes-missing

So, in googling this bar, it's a "Gay friendly" bar. I wonder if that has something to do with his disappearance - men who are believed to be gay can be targets of attack.

And, of course, the bar is about a mile from two different rivers. There is absolutely no way - IMHO - a man who went to the bar area of a restaurant could "accidentally" end up getting lost and falling into a river a mile away outside the bar. Prayers he isn't one of the many, many young men who vanish suddenly and "accidentally" drown.

Snipped...
...“This is totally not like Joey; he should have had his phone with him. It should be on. He should be responding to text messages right away,” Joey’s cousin Kyle Reigle said.

Reigle and his wife were the last family members to see Joey Friday night.

He said Joey parked his car near Thurber Gate apartments in the Short North before the three hung out at nearby Union Café.

Shortly after midnight, Kyle said he and his wife decided to call it a night.

“We waited around 10 minutes or so and just never saw him again so I started texted him asking him where he was at and just never heard from him,” Reigle said.

Around the same time, a man who’d gone out on a few dates with Joey said his goodnight to Joey via text. He typed “goodnight cutie” at 10:19 p.m. then got a response from Joey at 10:28 when he replied, “Byeeeeeee.”

The man texted Joey again four more times between Saturday and Sunday evenings but never heard back. Then Monday morning, Joey didn’t show up for work.

Read more: http://www.10tv.com/content/stories...r-man-who-disappeared-friday-in-columbus.html

So, if I'm reading the stories correctly, he was with his cousin and wife at the cafe, he went to the bar to get a drink, he didn't come back to their table, they couldn't find him, tried texting and calling him, they left without finding him and his car was parked in the same place as at the beginning of the night. Plus, a gentleman he has been dating sent him a text and received an unusual reply, sent 4 more texts and didn't receive any more replies. Where the heck has Joey gone?

Thanks for posting this Los. This is very local for me and I'm getting Brian Shaffer vibes for some reason. The Union Cafe is very gay friendly, but so is The Short North as a whole so I don't see this being a possible hate crime.

Around the same time, a man who’d gone out on a few dates with Joey said his goodnight to Joey via text. He typed “goodnight cutie” at 10:19 p.m. then got a response from Joey at 10:28 when he replied, “Byeeeeeee.”

The man texted Joey again four more times between Saturday and Sunday evenings but never heard back. Then Monday morning, Joey didn’t show up for work.

Was this man with them at the bar?

“Something interrupted his trip between Union and his car. And we have no idea what it is. None whatsoever,” Joey’s father Joe LaBute said.

As detectives piece together Joey’s digital footprint to try and track him down, his family members are helping Columbus and Gahanna police step up their search by walking the Short North around Union Café handing out flyers with Joey’s picture.

http://www.10tv.com/content/stories...r-man-who-disappeared-friday-in-columbus.html

Noooo something interrupted his trip from the table to the bar.... He never made it back to the table. Why leave the table to go to your car?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was this man with them at the bar?

"... then got a response from Joey at 10:28 when he replied, “Byeeeeeee.” I hope he didn't harm himself :(.

I'm intrigued to know if that was common language for Joey to use on text messages. Also I assume a family member has access to his FaceBook page as there's an update (photo) 14 hours ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member