GUILTY GA - Chad Ruark, 42, Oconee County, 23 Feb 2016

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Chad Ruark
15157905.jpg

Law enforcement search area near home of missing Oconee man

Oconee County, Georgia -
The Oconee County Sheriff’s Office joined other area law enforcement on Tuesday to search for Chad Ruark, a 42-year-old Oconee County man who has been missing since

Feb. 23.

Several K9 and rescue teams searched the Carson Groves Road area near Ruark’s residence. Oconee sheriff’s officials wrote on their Facebook wall the search was not due

to any specific evidence indicating Ruark is in the area, but to rule out if he is there or not.

15179364.jpg

On Monday, the Oconee sheriff’s office offered a $2,000 reward for information leading to the disappearance of Ruark, who was last seen at his home in the southern end of

Oconee County.

Chad's Facebook Page → https://www.facebook.com/chad.ruark.1

http://onlineathens.com/breaking-ne...ment-search-area-near-home-missing-oconee-man

They seem to be going all out to find him, I hope they find him fast..

Many more details here (unfortunately not a lot of MSM coverage on Chad's case):

Family desperate to hear from missing Oconee County man - Story | WAGA

[...]
Investigators said his ex-wife did receive a text from an unknown number on Sunday, but could not confirm it was actually from him. The text read, "I found a place where I'm not the outcast. I don't care what you wo with the stuff I left, be in touch in a few weeks, Chad.” The Oconee County Sheriff's Office has asked the Georgia Bureau of Investigation to conduct an analysis on the cell phone text to try to determine who sent it.
[...]
Amanda Ashley said she and Ruark have an amicable relationship after a divorce nine years ago. She said he would never leave his two children (redacted)
[...]
"He didn't mention our kids. He would have at least said tell the kids I love them." she said.
:(

Embedded video @ MUCHMore@Link

http://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/100129023-story

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Per the embedded video
http://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/100129023-story

The Sheriff knows the Ruark family family personally. In other recent missing child cases, public sentiment has been that in such situations, LE should step aside and allow another entity to oversee the investigation. This was due to the possibility of conflict of interest, etc. I don't know if I share that sentiment, nor am I saying this is the situation here.

I'm very concerned it appears Chad lives alone, and the last person to see him was the family member who dropped him off at home. How was this part of the timeline verified? Also, the context of his last text message is very troubling. :notgood:

My HinkyMeter is redlining. There are red flags all over the place.

May an objective and thorough investigation continue, along with searches for him. His ex-wife appears thoroughly distraught - and thoroughly convinced that last text wasn't from him. Seeing his two kids on camera with her broke my heart.

I hope he is found safe - and soon! :please:

#FindChad

He was found buried in a shallow grave near his home per Oconee county sheriff Scott Berry. It is a homicide and a suspect is in custody.

Thank you! Not sure why. I came here to see if I could find any answers.

Welcome to the group. I hate to say this but I've ended up with more questions than answers from here..

Darn it all to #@!!, RIP Chad. I was hoping for a better outcome..

No NO NOOOO!!!!

Do we know if the BIL is the "family member" who was dropped Chad off at home?

This makes me so :furious:! What's even worse is the absolute devastation that's been done to his family by one of his own.

:eek:verreaction:

I can't get the image from the video posted upthread of Chad's two precious children, stoically sitting next to their mom, as she read the last text message from the unknown number. She knew in her heart that something just was NOT right. Neither did we!

Chad's children deserved to have their father in their lives for much longer. He won't be there to see them graduate from high school/college. He will miss their weddings, becoming a grandfather. He'll never get another chance to guide them with his knowledge, wisdom and love.
:tears:

We see cases here that just defy logic, and leave us shaking our heads. Chad's loss cuts me to my core because it was his own brother in law who took him away from his children and family.

The wake of this tragedy will reverberate for a long time to come. I send my deepest condolences to Chad's children, their mother, and his extended family. I will keep them in my thoughts and prayers as they grieve, and prepare themselves for the adjudication process.

May the perpetrator of this crime face maximum justice. No penalty is too harsh. That's just how I see it.

:twocents:

Rest In Peace, Chad.
You will be missed....

:rose:

Thanks fir the welcome y'all! I've been lurking for a while. I haven't heard anything else today but I've been offline most of the day.

Earlier this month:

http://www.oconeeenterprise.com/news/article_1079d27a-438f-11e6-91bd-bbcb25123bfe.html

If Daniel Lamar Anglin shot and killed his brother-in-law, he gave no indication as to a motive during law-enforcement questioning...

Anglin’s arraignment last Thursday lasted all of three minutes, revealing to the public very little as to how the state will proceed in its effort to prosecute Anglin on the following charges: malice murder, felony murder, aggravated assault and possession of a firearm during the commission of a crime...

Ruark’s body was found March 8 in a shallow grave off Carson Graves Road.

Anglin found guilty of malice and felony murder

http://www.oconeeenterprise.com/news/article_69d0c8f4-bef1-11e7-aa73-0bf4c2038f95.html

A jury has found Daniel Lamar Anglin guilty of malice murder and felony murder in the 2016 shooting death of Chad Ruark.

Anglin was convicted on all counts listed on the indictment, including lesser charges of aggravated assault and possession of a firearm during commission of a crime.

The prosecution gave the following theory for motive: Anglin was addicted to opioids and afraid that his now ex-wife would leave him if she found out that he was using again.

"When you blow someone's brains out in a premeditated way, there's not going to be a good reason," Patterson said in his closing argument. "It's been an emotional case. I look at this courtroom, and I see the tragedy that Daniel Lamar Anglin has visited on all these people. He's destroyed so many lives."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back