1130 users online (214 members and 916 guests)  

Websleuths News

In Her Great-Uncle's Arms, a Time of Tears and a Bear

By FERNANDA SANTOS
    Published: October 4, 2005
    After the hugs and kisses and the inevitable tears, after Enrique Salas had handed Valery BelÚn Saavedra Lozada a teddy bear and a bag of potato chips, the 4-year-old in pigtails sang and counted for Mr. Salas, her great-uncle, who described the visit in an interview yesterday.

Valery offered an offbeat rendition of the many lullabies she learned at the preschool program she had attended for the past nine months. Then she started to count, in English and Spanish, from 1 to 100, skipping numbers here and there.

The performance was applauded by Mr. Salas and his daughter, Youvanska, two of Valery's relatives in New York and the only ones she has seen since the night her mother's companion abandoned her, barefoot, on a strange street in Queens.

"She was playful, she was happy and she looked beautiful, as she always does," said Mr. Salas when he described Saturday's reunion at an Administration for Children's Services building on the East Side of Manhattan. more at link:http://www.nytimes.com/2005/10/04/nyregion/04girl.html
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie

I'm very happy to see this. Thank you for posting this news about Valery.

fran

OneLostGrl is offline I'm going against the grain- I'm going sane
    Quote Originally Posted by LinasK
    By FERNANDA SANTOS
    Published: October 4, 2005
    After the hugs and kisses and the inevitable tears, after Enrique Salas had handed Valery BelÚn Saavedra Lozada a teddy bear and a bag of potato chips, the 4-year-old in pigtails sang and counted for Mr. Salas, her great-uncle, who described the visit in an interview yesterday.

Valery offered an offbeat rendition of the many lullabies she learned at the preschool program she had attended for the past nine months. Then she started to count, in English and Spanish, from 1 to 100, skipping numbers here and there.

The performance was applauded by Mr. Salas and his daughter, Youvanska, two of Valery's relatives in New York and the only ones she has seen since the night her mother's companion abandoned her, barefoot, on a strange street in Queens.

"She was playful, she was happy and she looked beautiful, as she always does," said Mr. Salas when he described Saturday's reunion at an Administration for Children's Services building on the East Side of Manhattan. more at link:http://www.nytimes.com/2005/10/04/nyregion/04girl.html
    Thank G*D she has someone to love her!

Quote Originally Posted by OneLostGrl
    Thank G*D she has someone to love her!
    -----------------

I too am so happy she has family to love her.