1515 users online (385 members and 1130 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

FL - OSCAR RAY BOLIN, Tampa, 1980's

He was tried and convicted in the murders of three women in 1986. All three convictions were overturned.

Now, accused serial killer Oscar Ray Bolin is back on trial for one of those cases. Jury selection began Monday in his third trial for the murder of Natalie "Blanche" Holley.

Detectives say Bolin abducted and killed Holley, 25, in January of 1986. He's also accused of killing 17-year-old Stephanie Ann Collins. Bolin is currently serving time for murdering Teri Lynn Matthews. He was retried and convicted for the 26-year-old’s death in 2001, his third trial in that case.

Holley's mother said she couldn't go through it all again without the support of the other victims’ mothers.
    http://www.tampabays10.com/news/news.aspx?storyid=19603
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

At what was to have been the sentencing of convicted killer Oscar Ray Bolin Jr. Monday, the sister of one of his victims unleashed a six-minute tirade against Bolin and his wife.

In the end, Bolin's sentencing for second-degree murder in the 1986 slaying of Natalie Blanche Holley was postponed until today to give attorneys more time for legal research.

But Holley's half-sister, Anita Holley, couldn't wait. Standing in the courtroom, she blasted Bolin, 43, and his wife, Rosalie, a former Hillsborough County death penalty mitigation expert who married him on death row. She helped him successfully appeal three separate murder convictions over the years.

http://www.sptimes.com/2005/10/11/Hi...es_a_ton.shtml
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Oscar Ray Bolin Jr. is going away - again.

Three trials and nearly 20 years after he stabbed Natalie Blanche Holley to death, a Hillsborough judge said Tuesday the convicted killer will live out his days behind bars.

Last week, a jury found Bolin guilty of second-degree murder after his third trial for the Jan. 25, 1986, killing of Holley, 25. Originally charged with first-degree murder, the verdict allowed Bolin, 43, to escape the death penalty in this case, although he returns to death row where he still faces execution for another homicide.

Hillsborough Circuit Judge Barbara Fleischer sentenced Bolin to life in prison Tuesday. The sentence was a relief for Holley's half-sister, Anita Holley, who was outraged by the jury's verdict Friday. A day before Bolin was sentenced, she delivered a vitriolic tirade against him, calling him a "poisonous insect" and a "gold mine of human obscenity" worthy of extermination. She also had a few choice words for his wife, Rosalie Bolin, a capital punishment mitigation expert who married the death row inmate
    http://www.sptimes.com/2005/10/12/Ta...fe_for_H.shtml

Convicted Fla. serial killer back for 4th trial

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/04/1...ller-back.html

Serial killer Oscar Ray Bolin faces fourth trial in Natalie Holley's slaying

Three previous convictions and two death sentences for Holley's murder did not survive appeals. Bolin has been brought back from death row for a fourth attempt at a Holley conviction that sticks. It's no longer a death penalty case. The charge is second-degree murder.
    http://www.tampabay.com/news/courts/...laying/1225368

wonders is offline My opinion's may not alway's be right but they are mine and mine alone.
    What gets me about the two articles I read here is that neither on of them mentioned that Rosalie Bolin also left her children too for the sake of this POS serial killer. Sickening. The other thing that gets me is how often the serial killer has had sentence's overturned just to be tried again and again.
    A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty....

This is fk'd up. Scratch that. BEYOND f'kd up.

Convicted Fla. serial killer once again guilty

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/04/1...ller-once.html

http://www.tampabay.com/news/courts/...-nears/2259073

Bolin, 53, is now set to die by lethal injection on Jan. 7...

On Dec. 17, the Florida Supreme Court denied a request to stay Bolin's execution. His attorneys are pursuing an appeal to the U.S. Supreme Court.

Oscar Ray Bolin was first found guilty of murdering three women nearly 30 years ago. In the decades since, every one of the verdicts delivered by juries in three separate trials was reversed at least twice by appeals courts, although ultimately he was convicted again in each case: 10 times by 10 juries, to be exact.

It now appears Bolin's legal pleas are coming to an end.

Unless an appeals court or the U.S. Supreme Court steps in, Bolin, 53, will be executed Thursday at 6 p.m. in Florida State Prison for the 1986 slaying of Teri Lynn Matthews.
    http://www.chron.com/news/crime/arti...or-6739763.php

There was once an article about this twist having more lives than cats!

As the clock ticks downs to 6pm Thursday, may there be no last minute - anythings! His date with Ole' Sharpie is long overdue.

Wonder if he's killed anyone else ?

Those poor families... my heart goes out to them tonight !
    Rest in gentle peace, Natalie, Stephanie and Teri. They might be moms and maybe grandmas by now.

I can't post what I think of the woman who married R.B. Sickening.
    Even if she didn't think he murdered anyone-- she's o.k. with the woman he raped and terrorized before letting her go ?

news.yahoo.com/latest-inmates-attorney-files-stay-execution-192554343.html;_ylt=AwrBT.UxJ49WE3oAVgBXNyoA;_ylu= X3oDMTByMjB0aG5zBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDBHNlYw NzYw--
    The Latest: Supreme Court denies killer's execution appeal
    Last edited by LietKynes; 01-07-2016 at 11:09 PM. Reason: Added

A Florida inmate convicted of killing three women in 1986 was executed Thursday night. Oscar Ray Bolin, 53, was the first inmate executed in 2016. He was executed after the U.S. Supreme Court rejected his last-ditch appeal for a stay. The time of death was 10:16 p.m., The Associated Press reported...

Bolin had been scheduled to be executed at 6 p.m., but it was delayed while the Supreme Court considered his appeal for a stay. The high court rejected the stay in a decision issued shortly before 10 p.m.
    http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/let...-night-n492386

Quote Originally Posted by wonders View Post
    What gets me about the two articles I read here is that neither on of them mentioned that Rosalie Bolin also left her children too for the sake of this POS serial killer. Sickening. The other thing that gets me is how often the serial killer has had sentence's overturned just to be tried again and again.
    She walked off and left her family for this POS. She was on CA case for awhile.

I scared myself clapping and screaming "Yes!" when I found out he left this world. He lied to the bitter end. Thank you Supreme Court for refusing to hear his pitiful plea.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast