Status
Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
Deorr-Kunz-Jr-jpg.jpg

Deorr Kunz Jr.

Missing two year old in Lemhi County

Search crews are looking for a missing two year old boy who was camping with his family in the Leadore area.

He was last seen wearing a camo jacket, blue sweatpants and camo cowboy boots.

http://m.localnews8.com/news/Missing-two-year-old-in-Lemhi-County/34110688

--------------------------------------------
Sheriff names parents suspects in disappearance of Idaho toddler
By Crimesider Staff CBS News January 25, 2016, 4:26 PM

[...]

"They are the top persons of interest," Bowerman told CBS affiliate KBOI. "Does that mean they're suspects? Yeah I think so."

[...]

"They know something, I just don't know what they know," he told the station. "It causes me alarm. I believe they know where he is absolutely."

Sheriff: Parents named as suspects in DeOrr Kunz Jr. case
By David Ashby dashby@journalnet.com Jan 25, 2016

[...]

“We’ve interviewed them multiple times, and every time there are changes to parts of their story,” Bowerman said. “The little things all change every time we speak with them.”

[...]

"We re-interviewed them, but they weren’t willing to tell us the truth,” Bowerman said.
The last interview with the parents was conducted this past weekend.

Out of the four suspects interviewed, Bowerman said Reinwand’s story has been the most consistent. However, all four are still considered persons of interest in the case, the sheriff said.

"They were at the scene, so we won’t rule them out,” Bowerman said. “But in terms of persons of interest, I think mom and dad are higher on the list.”
NamUs MP 29726

Case Map

ID - Deorr Kunz Jr, 2 yr old -- Media,Timelines and Maps **NO DISCUSSION"

Thread #1
Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16 Thread #17 Thread #18 Thread #19 Thread #20 Thread #21 Thread #22 Thread #23 Thread #24

NEW POST FROM EAST IDAHO NEWS:

SALMON — The Lemhi County Sheriff’s Office issued a statement Tuesday about the “volatile social media conversation” surrounding the DeOrr Kunz Jr. missing person’s case.

Chief Deputy Steve Penner also wrote about the need for people to stay away from the campground where the toddler went missing.

“At the present time this case is still being investigated by this office. … (and) we are planning a professional search, which will be conducted as soon as weather and winter conditions in the area allow,” Penner said in the news release. “It is imperative that the area remain in a pristine condition.”

The entire statement is listed below:

“In regards to the DeOrr Kunz case there has been a large volume of content generated in social media the last few weeks with some of the content being volatile in nature; we live in a civil society where threatening one another is not acceptable and most certainly will not help solve this case. We want to remind people that we try cases in a court of law based on facts and not in the social media arena.

At the present time this case is still being investigated by this office and other agencies, also we are planning a professional search which will be conducted as soon as weather and winter conditions in the area allow. It is imperative that the area remain in a pristine condition. It is for this reason we are asking the public to avoid the area so the area will remain as undisturbed as possible as winter conditions recede.

We know there is a tremendous amount of interest in this case; we will give further updates when it is appropriate and is compatible with the active investigation.

http://www.eastidahonews.com/2016/03/lemhi-sheriff-addresses-social-media-conversation-in-deorr-kunz-case/

73001d80ce82bee96a784d40b9127f9a.jpg

This is my favorite picture of sweet little DeOrr.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is an adorable picture of DeOrr. He's such a handsome and spirited looking little boy. I hope he is coming home soon.

SALMON — The Lemhi County Sheriff’s Office issued a statement Tuesday about the “volatile social media conversation” surrounding the DeOrr Kunz Jr. missing person’s case.

Chief Deputy Steve Penner also wrote about the need for people to stay away from the campground where the toddler went missing.

“At the present time this case is still being investigated by this office. … (and) we are planning a professional search, which will be conducted as soon as weather and winter conditions in the area allow,” Penner said in the news release. “It is imperative that the area remain in a pristine condition.”

“In regards to the DeOrr Kunz case there has been a large volume of content generated in social media the last few weeks with some of the content being volatile in nature; we live in a civil society where threatening one another is not acceptable and most certainly will not help solve this case. We want to remind people that we try cases in a court of law based on facts and not in the social media arena.

At the present time this case is still being investigated by this office and other agencies, also we are planning a professional search which will be conducted as soon as weather and winter conditions in the area allow. It is imperative that the area remain in a pristine condition. It is for this reason we are asking the public to avoid the area so the area will remain as undisturbed as possible as winter conditions recede.

We know there is a tremendous amount of interest in this case; we will give further updates when it is appropriate and is compatible with the active investigation.

http://www.eastidahonews.com/2016/03/lemhi-sheriff-addresses-social-media-conversation-in-deorr-kunz-case/

I really appreciate Deputy Penner's judicious statement. It's such a contrast to how others have behaved that it really illustrates for me that the right people are on the job. I wish them well in their search and hope that they can bring DeOrr home and give him the justice he is due.

I am hoping and praying that family members will demand to know the truth. I do believe that pressure from them will convince the parents to tell what they know. Pressure from family members who truly loved little DeOrr and know that the right thing is to tell the truth and bring DeOrr home.

Living in a fishbowl can't be easy and the only way out is the truth. Every day it must be more difficult for all of the family members and they know right from wrong. They need sweet DeOrr to come home. They need him home to grieve over their love for him but most importantly sweet little DeOrr deserves to come home. Bring him home. Show the way.

Please do the right thing and tell the truth. Make it today. For little DeOrr.

Love can move mountains and the truth can open doors.

Thank you bessie, for the 25th thread for Little DeOrr...

This alone speaks to the dedication of so many of my fellow WSers to this precious child, who has completely captured our hearts:

I think it is safe to say that the twists and turns of this case are far from over. I pray each day (and night) that we'll hear the announcement that the case has broken wide open. I do believe searches are pending (the thaw). :waiting:

I can't let go of the belief that Little DeOrr will be found. I have faith in our criminal justice system. Based on what I've heard so far (from SB primarily, but also from Klein) - that when all is said and done, there will be justice delivered in this case.

Who matters most is this:

50662fb0bf1d2317989d170adf506d2f.jpg

#BringLittleDeOrrHome
#JusticeForLittleDeOrr

Image courtesy eastidahonews.com

:twocents:

:candle:

This is SUCH a heart wrenching picture to look at.....and the words "Coming Home" just rip my heart apart.

Just marking my place.

A lot of people all around the country and around the world are pulling for you, DeOrr. Know you're loved.

This is SUCH a heart wrenching picture to look at.....and the words "Coming Home" just rip my heart apart.

I know. I hate to think of his life cut so short, but odds are it was and his home coming won't be a sweet reuniting.

I do not like Klein and have not trusted him from the beginning but I do not put him down every chance I get (in answer to another post on the closed thread). I could put him down every single day but choose not to. Klein has stated a lot but really said nothing new or very helpful, IMO. The whispered '999' at Dillard's is just one example of his ridiculousness at times, IMO. It is my opinion he is now in this for notoriety. Others disagree with me and that is cool because we all have our opinions.

Chief Deputy Penner stated the search area needs to stay pristine for the professional search coming up. Klein is not going to be able to get in there and do anything, IMO, and that is as it should be.

I come here several times a day to read the posts and see if there is any news on precious little DeOrr. The post of his pic on this page just melts hearts and has mine from the beginning. One day I just know I will come her and see that he has been located.

I may be FOS, but I still feel DeOrr is alive. My theory is still that he is with someone and this was a hoax to get money that was needed, he was sold, or re-homed. It is my fervent prayer that he was re-homed.

Anyway, DeOrr is in my thoughts and prayers every single day.

JMO

I do not like Klein and have not trusted him from the beginning but I do not put him down every chance I get (in answer to another post on the closed thread). I could put him down every single day but choose not to. Klein has stated a lot but really said nothing new or very helpful, IMO. The whispered '999' at Dillard's is just one example of his ridiculousness at times, IMO. It is my opinion he is now in this for notoriety. Others disagree with me and that is cool because we all have our opinions.

Chief Deputy Penner stated the search area needs to stay pristine for the professional search coming up. Klein is not going to be able to get in there and do anything, IMO, and that is as it should be.

I come here several times a day to read the posts and see if there is any news on precious little DeOrr. The post of his pic on this page just melts hearts and has mine from the beginning. One day I just know I will come her and see that he has been located.

I may be FOS, but I still feel DeOrr is alive. My theory is still that he is with someone and this was a hoax to get money that was needed, he was sold, or re-homed. It is my fervent prayer that he was re-homed.

Anyway, DeOrr is in my thoughts and prayers every single day.

JMO

FWIW, I have the impression that the searches Klein has spoken about will be conducted / coordinated with LE and with their approval.

February 29, 2016

TRANSCRIPT: Local News 8 –KIDK3 - Interview with private investigator Phillip Klein on DeOrr Kunz investigation
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Timelines-and-Maps-**NO-DISCUSSION-quot/page5

6:39
Reporter:
Okay! Very good! All right, well, you answered all of my questions and then some. Is there anything else on this topic that you want to say or that you feel needs mentioning?
Klein:
Sure, I do! I want the citizens of Idaho and I want the citizens around the United States to know that KIC Texas is not leaving this case until we find this young child.
We believe we have a good area we know this child may be at but we’re going to be focusing on that area as soon as the thaw comes, probably within the next 30-45 days, and we will begin the actual ground operation at that point at information and at the direction of Lemhi County and also the FBI.

08:21
Chelsey:
Okay! So, I mean, did they know that you were going to release this statement, and do they know about the search?

Klein:
There have been plans for a search for awhile. I think at this point we are in the process of combining efforts. We’ll be flying dogs in from Georgia, and we’ll be flying another specialized team of investigators in from Georgia that specializes in Search and Recovery. We will be working at the direction and with the permission of Sheriff Bowerman of Lemhi County. We will not get in their way. If they wish us not to search, we will hold back until they’re done, but my guess is we will be all working together as a team. Like I said before, this is the first time I have ever seen a team of professional investigators on the county level, the federal level and on the PSB level working together. This should be a model case for missing persons, especially missing children around the United States. That’s why this case is moving so fast at this point.

Also, doesn't TE have to have approval from LE to search? Though, I do wonder if there will be a search team from both Georgia and TE. If so, I wonder if there will be searches in more than one area.
http://www.idahostatejournal.com/members/private-detective-in-deorr-kunz-case-rehired-by-anonymous-client/article_f0c57fa3-8ae7-5785-9edc-d0287faeacba.html

Klein also said that Texas Equusearch, a search and rescue organization devoted to finding missing persons, and a team of cadaver dogs from Georgia will be traveling to Idaho within the next couple months to search for DeOrr’s remains. Klein believes DeOrr is likely deceased.

Thread 25, how sad :(

Interesting point in Penner's statement about leaving the site in a pristine condition. I wonder if they have effectively barred anyone from going up there since it became a criminal investigation and whether anyone has actually camped there since 10th July. I seem to recall the parents saying they went up there searching as often as they could in the days/weeks after DeOrr vanished, I don't know if/how that would be monitored.

This case needles me more than any other that I'm following right now, this little chap needs to be found so he can rest in peace. Let's get him home.

Marking my spot & hoping that DeOrr comes home really really soon :rose:

Interesting point in Penner's statement about leaving the site in a pristine condition. I wonder if they have effectively barred anyone from going up there since it became a criminal investigation and whether anyone has actually camped there since 10th July. I seem to recall the parents saying they went up there searching as often as they could in the days/weeks after DeOrr vanished, I don't know if/how that would be monitored.

This case needles me more than any other that I'm following right now, this little chap needs to be found so he can rest in peace. Let's get him home.

Well, there might be some hope of barring people (their vehicles, anyway) from going up to the campground. According to the USDA Forest Service website, open season for Timber Creek Campground is 5/15 - 10/15 (mid-May to mid-October): http://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/scnf/recreation/camping-cabins/recarea/?recid=76100&actid=29. I've been on Forest Service roads here in Idaho before during off season only to come upon a closed and locked iron gate MILES from the campground I was headed to. I am hoping that this is the case and that there is a locked gate until mid-May that vehicles cannot get beyond. Of course, that would not deter folks from leaving their vehicles at the gate and just walking in, but likely the gate and campground are miles apart (in my case, we had to leave our vehicle 3 miles behind at the gate while we hiked in to the campground). In that case, you would need a prepared and determined person who was willing to pack in everything they needed to do their search for DeOrr, not knowing how long their hike could be. Those gates are a huge deterrent for SOME people (not myself and my husband, since we are experienced hikers).

Not much to say. Had to take a little break from this site, but I see the course of the discussion has been righted. The value of the discussion on a site like this is in its moderation. Just as there are rules for investigations and evidence, there are rules here. The wording that SB used when discussing that this case will be tried in a court of law, not the court of public opinion really struck me.
Imagine if they are innocent.
Yes, JM/DK have done things that make them look terrible, and apparently there is enough actual evidence for SB to concern himself with them receiving donations from the public. Let's remember that is what prompted the announcement of them as suspects.
I am not going to try & provide any theories as to how they could possibly be completely innocent in this whole mess, I personally think they are at best criminally negligent. It is just a point to consider.
If people want to play into their pitiful "poor us! Everyone on the Internet is picking on us!!" game, the whole internet is your playground. I really appreciate that this forum is available for me to learn and discuss this in a civil manner. This isn't addressed directly to anyone. I have fallen into the excited typing before I think and my absolute revulsion for anyone who can harm a child came through loud & clear.
No one gains ground when slinging mud.

I'm sure people have used the campground since July 10th. It is open from May 15th to October 15th, and to my knowledge it wasn't blocked or closed to the public after July 10th? With all the searchers and the family going up on weekends all summer and early fall, it's hard to think anything could be pristine. It sounds like the areas they want to search after the thaw might be within the previous search radius, too (although it's not clear, and I doubt they want anyone to know the area(s) they're interested in searching). Whatever evidence that might be left is worth preserving, though. I hope DeOrr is found soon.

Well, there might be some hope of barring people (their vehicles, anyway) from going up to the campground. According to the USDA Forest Service website, open season for Timber Creek Campground is 5/15 - 10/15 (mid-May to mid-October): http://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/scnf/recreation/camping-cabins/recarea/?recid=76100&actid=29. I've been on Forest Service roads here in Idaho before during off season only to come upon a closed and locked iron gate MILES from the campground I was headed to. I am hoping that this is the case and that there is a locked gate until mid-May that vehicles cannot get beyond. Of course, that would not deter folks from leaving their vehicles at the gate and just walking in, but likely the gate and campground are miles apart (in my case, we had to leave our vehicle 3 miles behind at the gate while we hiked in to the campground). In that case, you would need a prepared and determined person who was willing to pack in everything they needed to do their search for DeOrr, not knowing how long their hike could be. Those gates are a huge deterrent for SOME people (not myself and my husband, since we are experienced hikers).

Yes, and there is usually a "trail" created from atvs/horses/cattle. While it would not be inconceivable for someone to bypass the locked gates I have a strong suspicion that there are game-cams set up in various areas by this point. An Amazon search "solar hunting game cam" can give you an idea if you are not familiar. They are camouflaged, motion activated & night vision capable.
To everyone I've talked to about this- just casual friend & family conversation when it comes on the news or something- the general consensus is that there are definitely cameras up there. There has been no official statement, of course if they suspect someone to go up & tamper they are going to keep their mouths shut & watch the cams.
There are some very expensive satellite link cams, as well as cams that use SD cards. Since there is some cell service up there perhaps the cams are capable of wifi transmission too. Maybe the FBI offered some surveillance equipment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semh