Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - #21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makara

Former Member
Reaction score
William Tyrrell's parents renew appeal for information ahead of one-year anniversary of his disappearance

http://www.9news.com.au/national/2015/08/02/10/03/william-tyrrell-s-parents-renew-plea-for-information-over-his-disappearance

Three-year-old boy goes missing from Kendall on NSW Mid North Coast

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne.../story-fni0cx4q-1227056510408#social-comments

5747320-3x4-340x453.jpg

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-09-...leads-in-william-tyrell-disappearance/5747954

Rules Etiquette & Information

William Tyrrell MEDIA/TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*

Thread #1, Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8

Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16

Thread #17 Thread #18

Thread #19Thread #20

Angeline posted a link in the last thread..."

The Australian newspaper has heavily implied that the government is involved.

(modsnip) http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news...852140629a0e9c

There was also a very lengthy article in The Australian (which of course I can't find now) that said bureaucratic red tape was on the verge of hindering a homicide investigation.
Last edited by Coldpizza; Today at 01:05 AM. Reason: Paraphrase only when behind a paywall

My question to you all is....what type of red tape could possibly hinder this investigation...( i personally have no idea...) any thoughts anyone?

Red tape meaning, the parents can't publicly campaign.

If the family can't speak out, then who will fight for him? Who will keep up awareness in the hunt for more information? Maybe that's what was meant by it.

It's slightly better now that the parents are allowed to speak, even if only anonymously.

• Witness protection program
  • Protection of someones identity
  • Maybe the privacy of the sister

But after this long, none of these seem to outweigh the need to find William and, equally, any potential culprit who might still be active.

I was thinking there might be related information that authorities fear would bring bias into the case. But bias is everywhere already.

There was also a very lengthy article in The Australian (which of course I can't find now) that said bureaucratic red tape was on the verge of hindering a homicide investigation.
Last edited by Coldpizza; Today at 01:05 AM. Reason: Paraphrase only when behind a paywall

My question to you all is....what type of red tape could possibly hinder this investigation...( i personally have no idea...) any thoughts anyone?

Would it be possible please for someone to 'copy & paste' the relevant bits out of this, as the news item is inaccessible for mere mortals as myself!

Also commenting off my own bat on the 'red tape' issue - all IMO of course - my first thoughts are that it is just the usual standard processes that govern the 'management' of foster children ( oh my Lord!) and in no way will the PS involved step outside the boundaries of any of those guidelines, no matter the consequences for the child.

Sadly, IMO, we appear to be governed and regulated by self-serving robots who languish in their glass-walled-abodes, while the rest of us try our darnedest to build a humanely sustainable society! Please pardon my outburst ..

I cannot comprehend the pain that those who are emotionally connected to William must be going through, I simply pray for peace, along with justice.

Anyone who has any inkling of something amiss, something strange, a wayward comment, a look ... Anything ... Please...I implore you to be brave, to make it known ..

As as a society we must look after our own, and in return our society will look after ...

^ In that article FACS confirmed that legal reasons had prevented William's parents from speaking out and still prevent them from being identified (I'm guessing something was relaxed slightly? They can speak now but can't be identified.)

It also says the reporter asked FACS about their decision to prevent the parents from speaking publicly. FACS said they always have to act in the best interest of children and not jepoardise ongoing police investigations.

It says that the parents and some police are frustrated by the decision.

Its Australia, where the Rights of the Suspect far outweigh the Rights of the Victim. :(

Privacy is a Serious Matter here, especially the Privacy of a Child being not just William but his sister.

So theres essentially a Double Layer of Red Tape and Privacy Laws - triple really

The right to Privacy of the suspects
The right to Privacy of William as WOC*
The right to Privacy of His sister as WOC*

*or whatever legal Privacy status William and his sister have that would not exist in a Usual Parenting Situation.

The decision may have been made, somewhere, that the rights of a live and present child (sister) trump the rights of a likely deceased one. :(

I don't understand why everyone is concerned about the privacy. Any other details might help sleuthing but if they are not suspects we could not anyway. The police know the identities that's all that matters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't understand why everyone is concerned about the privacy. Any other details might help sleuthing but if they are not suspects we could not anyway. The police know the identities that's all that matters.

Because a child is missing and it isn't normal to not see a grieving parent.
Because a grieving parent appealing to the public for information is more likely to get someone to feel guilty enough to speak up.
Because a journalist has broken rank and spoken out twice publicly that the public are being lied to about this case.
Because a child is missing. Because it feels wrong.

Because a child is missing and it isn't normal to not see a grieving parent.
Because a grieving parent appealing to the public for information is more likely to get someone to feel guilty enough to speak up.
Because a journalist has broken rank and spoken out twice publicly that the public are being lied to about this case.
Because a child is missing. Because it feels wrong.

But the parents did speak. We heard their voices.

I just think although it sucks they cannot show their faces it is what it is and does not necessarily mean anything sinister. William is huge in the media and I don't think it's affecting the case too much. Of course everyone wants to know but the only thing missing really is the parents faces. They have been in the media and pleaded their case. Daniel Morcombe was not a foster child so if course it's a different situation. I've not been following the case but just wondering if Tialeigh the girl from Qld was a foster child? Have her parents been in the media? Just interested to hear if anyone knows as a comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members