1114 users online (234 members and 880 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Jacob Erwin Wetterling

We are the world, pulling for you.

jacob-erwin-wetterling-021.jpg

Jacob was a fun, active, athletic, kind, 11-year-old boy who loved peanut butter and football. He was most known for his sense of fairness.

HT_Jacob_Wetterling_3_ER_160219_4x3_992.jpg

20131022__20131022__jacob_wetterling_skybox.jpg

Jacob Erwin Wetterling is a boy from St. Joseph, Minnesota, who was kidnapped from his hometown at the age of 11 on Sunday, October 22, 1989. His whereabouts are unknown. Jacob Wetterling, his brother, and a friend were cycling home from a convenience store after 9 pm on October 22, 1989, when a masked gunman came out of a driveway and ordered the boys to throw their bikes into a ditch and lie face down on the ground. He then asked each boy his age. Jacob's brother was told to run toward a nearby wooded area and not look back or else he would be shot. Subsequently, the gunman asked to view the faces of the two remaining boys. He picked Jacob, and told his friend to run away and not look back otherwise he would shoot.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacob_Wetterling

Leads on Jacobís case or any missing child can be called into the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children at 800-THE-LOST.

We Are The World-

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch321 View Post

Jacob was a fun, active, athletic, kind, 11-year-old boy who loved peanut butter and football. He was most known for his sense of fairness.

Jacob Erwin Wetterling is a boy from St. Joseph, Minnesota, who was kidnapped from his hometown at the age of 11 on Sunday, October 22, 1989. His whereabouts are unknown. Jacob Wetterling, his brother, and a friend were cycling home from a convenience store after 9 pm on October 22, 1989, when a masked gunman came out of a driveway and ordered the boys to throw their bikes into a ditch and lie face down on the ground. He then asked each boy his age. Jacob's brother was told to run toward a nearby wooded area and not look back or else he would be shot. Subsequently, the gunman asked to view the faces of the two remaining boys. He picked Jacob, and told his friend to run away and not look back otherwise he would shoot.

Leads on Jacob’s case or any missing child can be called into the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children at 800-THE-LOST.

We Are The World-
    Thank you Sasquatch321. So much talent here. This video will be played forever.
    Media thread for Abby and Libby.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...5#post13163455

WebSleuths Lingo thread.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...bsleuths-Lingo

Unless I provide a link, every one of my posts are to be considered rumor, Speculation, or simply MY OWN OPINION.

We are the watchers. We are witnesses. We see what has gone before. We see what happens now, at this dangerous moment in human history. We see what's going to happen - what will surely happen - unless we come together: we - the Peoples of all Nations - to restore peace and harmony and balance to the Earth, our Mother.

THE IGNORE BUTTON IS YOUR FRIEND!

Jacob's favorite song that was played many many many times on the radio, maybe around the world. Listen by Red Grammer

^^ Never heard that song before but it's really good.

I appreciate this thread and the intimacy of it. It is so important to be reminded that Jacob is a real boy, with a personality and interests, and not just an unsolved case.

I would actually love to know more about him. He seems like such a nice kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Viewfinder View Post
    I appreciate this thread and the intimacy of it. It is so important to be reminded that Jacob is a real boy, with a personality and interests, and not just an unsolved case.

I would actually love to know more about him. He seems like such a nice kid.
    I can't speak for the others, but I never need reminding that Jacob is/was a real boy. I haven't posted much in this thread, but I appreciate those that do. Welcome to WS.
    Media thread for Abby and Libby.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...5#post13163455

WebSleuths Lingo thread.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...bsleuths-Lingo

Unless I provide a link, every one of my posts are to be considered rumor, Speculation, or simply MY OWN OPINION.

We are the watchers. We are witnesses. We see what has gone before. We see what happens now, at this dangerous moment in human history. We see what's going to happen - what will surely happen - unless we come together: we - the Peoples of all Nations - to restore peace and harmony and balance to the Earth, our Mother.

THE IGNORE BUTTON IS YOUR FRIEND!

It's a small world out there. Until last spring I had never actually met someone who had a chance to see and know Jacob. A new guy at work showed up and I got to talking him, he said he had grown up in St. Joe for a majority of his life. I said "What do you know about the Wetterling case?" He shook his head a bit "Don't Know, not much" I then talked a bit about the search on the farm and how that search may not be complete as people think. He said "no, I don't think that guy did it" "I think he was sold into a sex ring". He then told me he had known Jacob, that he seen him many times around town either hanging around at his dads work or with his friends over at Kays Kitchen for ice cream. In fact, he told me he had seen Jacob either the day or the day before he was abducted at his dad's chiropractors office. I asked him what was he like? "oh nice kid, always smiling" "your average good kid" I stood there in awe at him "Wow", feeling a bit closer to Jacob, and glad to know that I know someone that Jacob knew as well. I've since become very good friends with this person.
    Last edited by Sasquatch321; 03-11-2016 at 01:03 AM.

ELOCsoul is offline Verified Author - "Finding Jacob Wetterling"

20/20 - A Mother's Search Video File

Does anyone happen to have a link or the video file for the December 2, 2013 20/20 story "A Mother's Search"? I have someone from a media outlet looking for stories with old video footage.

TIA!

Quote Originally Posted by ELOCsoul View Post
    Does anyone happen to have a link or the video file for the December 2, 2013 20/20 story "A Mother's Search"? I have someone from a media outlet looking for stories with old video footage.

TIA!
    I have it saved, I'll go grab it.

Here's the main link. This is a site that tells you when it is on again. If you sign in (use any name and password) they wil email you when it is showing on TV in your area.
    http://www.locatetv.com/tv/20-20-on-id/8377048

It shows fairly often, I get emails about every 2 months on it being shown again.
    Last edited by shergal; 03-19-2016 at 08:23 PM. Reason: added link and info

I hope he's at peace now, wherever he is.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch321 View Post

Leads on Jacob’s case or any missing child can be called into the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children at 800-THE-LOST.

We Are The World-
    Thank you Sasquatch321 for making this thread it is very moving indeed. It is great to learn more about Jacob as a person hopefully more posts will be made with further information about him. Thank you to all of you for your dedication to Jacob's case.
    The man in my avatar may have killed two innocent teenagers Abigail Williams and Liberty German. If you know who he is Please call the tip line. There is a reward of $250,000 - Tel- 844.459.5786 or email: abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com

The dead cannot cry out for justice. It is a duty of the living to do so for them. Lois McMaster Bujold.

Quote Originally Posted by buffetoflies View Post
    ^^ Never heard that song before but it's really good.
    I like it a lot, too. It's inspirational, and an appropriate tribute to this lost child, who by all accounts was affable and kind-hearted. Also appropriate is that the song is from an album called Teaching Peace.

"Jacob was fun, he was smart, he loved sports..he could do a play by play better than the sports caster," Patty recalled. "He hated when things weren't fair. I think that's telling because you can't get more unfair than this. He stood up for his friends. He was a good friend and he had a great sense of humor."

"On April 1, every year, he'd put a rubber band around the hose in the kitchen sink, so every time I turned it on, I'd get sprayed in the face," she added, laughing. "He was fun and those are the things we share and remember on his birthday."

Since Jacob was abducted, Patty, who's co-founder of Team H.O.P.E. and chair member of the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, has refused to give up on the search for her son.

http://abcnews.go.com/Lifestyle/mom-...ry?id=37054532

Lots of info in this article. Covers a big spectrum

http://www.mprnews.org/story/2015/10...here-it-stands

8 part podcast . Why Jacob has not been solved. Hm

http://www.apmreports.org/story/2016.../in-the-dark-0

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast